“Wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars

23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I was on a tour of Morocco on a bus with other people. I felt I would probably enjoy some golf in Morocco. I had read that the previous king was a golf enthusiast and the Euro Tour had a recent event in Morocco. I checked the website about courses in Marrakech, and the Royal Club seemed the most attractive to me since it was the oldest course. I knew it would be expensive and I was prepared for that. So I just brought golf shoes and rented the clubs. The caddy is obligatory, but at only 100DMs, I don't understand the fuss about that in other reviews. It's only about $12.00 American dollars. You wouldn't get a caddy for that price anywhere in the UK. But my caddy was a total expert on the course and also on the golf swing.....he analyzed instantly the precise swing fault of any wayward shot. I knew he was spot on right too. Anyway, I loved the course. The condition was flawless considering the area. The design was beautiful with towering trees on both sides with olive or citrus trees nearest the fairways forming parallel rows of trees. I can't imagine complaining about this course, but some folks find fault anywhere. I would love to return and play here again, as well as the other courses in the area, but their reviews are not so encouraging. I'm an American citizen, and anybody who loves the game and old style courses with small greens and narrow fairways would enjoy this course. The bar and snack area employees were very attentive also. My advise is go for it if you can.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Charles L

Nottingham, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Good golf, but there are better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

This was a nice golf course, with one or two fantastic holes. I think I would like to play it again with my own clubs, as the standard of the hire clubs we had was not great.

Very tight tree lined track, and the greens had just been cored when we arrived, so not in the best condition. Good experience though, and we stopped after nine for some lunch. before carrying on to the back nine, and the mixed grill is lovely.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank john m
Basel, Switzerland
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Great club with tradition and character”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

After my annoying experience at Amelkis the previous day I was a little dubious about what to expect. Happy to say it was significantly better with god attentive staff and reasonable caddies. Nice practice area with shuttle laid on. Easy course to walk and it has some beautiful holes with the various trees. I would have liked a bit of water to spice it up a bit but nevertheless less a pleasant experience. Definitely worth a visit.

Visited March 2014
sorel-tracy
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“For golf lovers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We went there to get a taste of exotic and we got it. This luxury golf club is located a good half hour from Marrakech but it is Worth the drive. Beautiful desertic course.

A luxury restaurant and great drinks at the 19th round.

Visited April 2013
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Royal Marrakech”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

My wife and I played this lovely old colonial course in January - it rained most of the way round - typically for us, the first rains in 3 months.
We had to take a caddie each which wasn't a problem as they were very personable and read the greens well. They cost 100dr each plus the obligatory tip.
The course is quite short but very narrow being tree lined with magnificent towering palms and eucalipts which made opening your shoulders a bit daunting. Looking back on the round I can't really remember any holes in particular as they are all of a similar character apart from the par 3 'Brigite Bardot' where I hit short into her cleavage! All the greens were fast and true and the farways were in very accetable condition considering how dry it has been.
We had a wonderful and competative round between us - my wife who plays well off 16 had a shaky start not being all together comfortable with having a caddie and mustered 13 stableford points but blitzed the back 9 with 24 points - level par ! Her straight hitting reaping benefits on these tight fairways.She hit the par 3 18th to 2ft with a 6 iron for a birdie to beat me by a point much to the joy of both (!) caddies.
This is a really lovely old mature colonial style course that I rate in the top 20 of the many courses I have played - not to be missed by anyone who enjoys classic golf courses.

Visited January 2014