“For golf lovers”

Marrakech Royal Golf Club
Ranked #140 of 565 Outdoor Activities in Marrakech
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We went there to get a taste of exotic and we got it. This luxury golf club is located a good half hour from Marrakech but it is Worth the drive. Beautiful desertic course.

A luxury restaurant and great drinks at the 19th round.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

My wife and I played this lovely old colonial course in January - it rained most of the way round - typically for us, the first rains in 3 months.
We had to take a caddie each which wasn't a problem as they were very personable and read the greens well. They cost 100dr each plus the obligatory tip.
The course is quite short but very narrow being tree lined with magnificent towering palms and eucalipts which made opening your shoulders a bit daunting. Looking back on the round I can't really remember any holes in particular as they are all of a similar character apart from the par 3 'Brigite Bardot' where I hit short into her cleavage! All the greens were fast and true and the farways were in very accetable condition considering how dry it has been.
We had a wonderful and competative round between us - my wife who plays well off 16 had a shaky start not being all together comfortable with having a caddie and mustered 13 stableford points but blitzed the back 9 with 24 points - level par ! Her straight hitting reaping benefits on these tight fairways.She hit the par 3 18th to 2ft with a 6 iron for a birdie to beat me by a point much to the joy of both (!) caddies.
This is a really lovely old mature colonial style course that I rate in the top 20 of the many courses I have played - not to be missed by anyone who enjoys classic golf courses.

1  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We attended a party here and it is simply the most stunning venue. Quite exclusive and pricey, but certainly worth it.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

We played 3 courses (Palmeraie and Amelkis) in total during our stay in Marrakesh and the Royal was the most attractive to the eye. It is a lovely parkland course. Being a bit narrower than the other courses it adds a bit to the interest, although being shorter than most and the majority of the holes do not offer any obstacles. The Par 3 'Brigitte Bardot' was enjoyable. The course can be played by all.

2  Thank Dale B
Reviewed November 25, 2013

this course is totally tree-lined. It is quite short but very narrow. Greens are usually excellent and it is a must if you are a keen golfer.