Riad Dubai
$515
La Maison Arabe(Marrakech)
$232
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsroof terracekasbah areaevery morningculture shockpancakesfamous squarereal marrakechstayed here for a weekthe ground flooryogurtday tripbreakfast and dinnermoroccan experiencetaginehis teamexcursionsriad
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The Riad Dubai was excellent.

My friend booked this holiday and I was expecting to stay in a 5 star hotel, so was a bit surprised and worried when she told me I was staying in a Riad in the Kasbah. If I return to Marrakech, I wouldn't want to say anywhere else but here. The staff were all excellent and so helpful. We were picked up from the airport, taken to their pool, they always helped us get a taxi and served us breakfast at anytime we requested, nothing was too much trouble and always service with a smile.

We has dinner at the Riad on our last night and it was very good (I had the beef tagine).

We were only there for three nights but I wished I'd stayed longer, it was so relaxing.

I would recommend going to the Hammam Spa and Said's property with the pool.

Remeber this is not a 5 Star hotel, it's a traditional Riad, for what we paid I can not fault the Riad Dubai, well worth every penny.

Thank you to everybody at the Riad Dubai for a wonderful time in Morocco.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank TravAL41
Reviewed July 15, 2013

It was our second visit to Morocco and my partner treated me to a weeks break at this hotel for my 50th birthday in Feb 2013. Apart from the rooms being a little chilli in the evenings because of the time of year, the Riad Dubi was perfect for us. The staff were pleasant, polite, freindly and extremely helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them. We both felt very welcome right from the begining even prior to arrival as Said was most helpful via e-mail, Siad the manager/owner is a brilliant host putting on a taxi service at his own expence taking us into the town centre whenever we wanted to go (within reason) and arranging a taxi service for us to go on trips. If its peace and quiet your looking for and the simple life with no fussing staff running around you or meal time dealines/time restrictions then I cant reccommend this hotel enough. Only minor negative, sometimes it was difficult to gain access through the main gate as it was a short distance away from the building, and you had to wait for staff to 'run' to open it, but this, like I have said was a minor inconvienience compared to the security aspect of things. The garden at the time of our visit was in need of attention, but as Siad had only recently obtained the property this was understandable. We meet some lovely local people, including taxi drivers and had some very stimulating conversations too :o) 10/10 well done to you all, and hope to see you all again soon, please dont change and keep up the good work. Marie & Paul :o)

Room Tip: If you want a larger and cooler room the ground floor is better!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Marie T
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Several twists and turns down dark derbs to find the place, but what a gem when you get there.
Comfortable elegance, large rooms are spotless. terrace is an oasis, bathroom fit for a queen.
Staff was most helpful--dealing with a previous hotel that would not assist me in retrieving items I'd inadvertently left behind, arranging for a taxi and even carrying my luggage to the nearest gate. Another plus was the Kasbah location-plenty of shopping without the chaos of Djemaa el Fna, yet within walking distance of the famous square. Better deals with less haggling, great street food and friendlier people.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank DixonTurnip
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Just came back from Marrakech yesterday and already missing my little oasis Riad Dubai.
It was a perfect place for wondering around in town. Everywhere is walk distance....Bahia palace, Badi palace and amazing Fla square!
The staff are absolutely fantastic! They gave us a good advice for a trip and their activity offers are relatively cheap. We went to see the waterfall and that was great fun!
The breakfast on the top roof terrace in the morning was great!
The room was perfect size for girls trip. Very tidy and beautiful Moroccan interior. You can always ask a bottle of water, tea and coffee! Comfortable. And there is the hotel nearby where you can use their facility free such as pool.....
I definitely recommend this place for the trip to marrackesh!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Kana747
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Whilst the Riad may be smaller and slightly further away from the Souks then the other ones available, it was a pleasure to stay in.
From the beginning the staff were friendly and they provided us with valuable information with regards to local attractions, what to do and what not to do whilst in Marrakech.
When we needed to get a taxi to venture into the new city or just get around, the staff used to get us a taxi and also organise "local rates" for the fare (taxis are notorious for over charging when picking and dropping off tourists).
The rooms are clean and the roof top terrace is a nice place to relax in after a long day out. The breakfast is not great but not bad and I guess you have to remember it is a cheap place to stay in.
While this Riad may not be the equivalent of a 5 star hotel I felt the customer service was immaculate in this Riad and more then compensated for any short comings (breakfast if I am being picky) the Riad had.
It was a shame to leave here to go to the other Riad which was supposedly better (read my review to find out how that went!) and in hindsight I would have been glad to spend my whole trip in Marrakech in this Riad.
If only the people of Marrakech were as honest and decent as the staff at this Riad.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple