My friends and I went to Morocco for 12 days but, beyond reserving rooms at Riad Dubai for the first few days with vague plans of heading toward the Sahara, we arrived on Said’s doorstep with nothing arranged.
I won’t elaborate on the rooms and ambience of Raid Dubai except to say that I loved everything about it – you can read all of the positive comments from others. Instead I want to focus on a couple of special things that Said helped us with:
1. My friend and I wanted to go to a hammam – and not one of the ones that caters to the tourist trade. We wanted to go to the real thing, the public hammam that the women in the Kasbah use. Once Said was satisfied that we knew what we were getting ourselves into, he arranged for one of the women who cleans the rooms at the Riad to help us out. She arrived at the agreed upon time, bringing with her everything we would need except the black soap and the kiis, which we bought at a little place on our way to the hammam. We paid 12 MAD to use the hammam and Said had suggested 30 MAD each as a tip to the woman who took us there and scrubbed us. For me, the hammam experience was one of the highlights of our trip; a glimpse into the lives of the women in Morocco that you could never get otherwise. Definitely not for the modest, or for someone looking for Western-style pampering, but it will remain as a punctuation mark in my pretty extensive travels. Based on Said’s reaction to our request, I don’t think this is something many women ask for but he will make it happen for you if you want it.
2. We decided we wanted to rent a car and drive ourselves for the remainder of our trip so we could go at our own pace. Said found a car for us to rent – not through one of the agencies, but a nice young man who owned a couple of cars for rent. He brought a nearly new Renault to the Riad for our inspection and approval and we agreed upon a price of about $47/day. Although we were very confident in the car’s ability to get us around and the young man to take care of us if there was a problem, Said also took responsibility and asked us to call him personally if there were any problems at all. That little car took us over the High Atlas in the snow and over some questionable “roads” all the way to Merzouga and back without a hitch.
The entire staff at Riad Dubai could not have been more helpful or hospitable. We felt very much at home while we were there, whether sitting and reading in the small salon or drinking wine around the fire in the evening. Highly recommend!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the heart of the Kasbah of Marrakech is our beautiful Riad Dubai, 5 different beautiful suites with every comfort, air conditioning, safe, bath & shower, mini bar, SAT TV, internet wifi. Said the owner will prepare a special Moroccan cuisine for you, a terrace is waiting for you to relax and unwind, we organize all kinds of excursions in Marrakech and Morocco, a shuttle service to all airport transfers. Said and his wife Malika are waiting to offer you a pleasant and impeccable holiday . "Welcome to Riad Dubai" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Odigeo, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Riad Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Dubai Hotel Marrakech