Tripadvisor
Marrakech
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews booked this hotel minute walk every morning reception medina
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Amazing and extremely friendly staff that make you feel welcome all round the clock. Especially Mohcine who’s part of the morning staff. Coffee was definitely the highlight of every morning here and would definitely recommend.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2020 via mobile

The best choice if you visit Morocco! Near the city center and local markets, very clean, brand new and fully equipped rooms and the most important, extremely friendly and helpful staff! I will recommend it to any visitor!

Reviewed January 13, 2020 via mobile

Mohcine, Fatimazahra and Al Arbi did an amazing job serving us during our 5 night stay at Ibn Batouta hotel. All of them were friendly, warm and welcoming in both breakfast and in the evening when we dined in the hotel for dinner. The staff really made our visit perfect.

We highly recommend to enjoy the breakfast and dinner while you stay there.

The rooms and bathrooms are clean and spacious. The shower was incredible with high water pressure.

The location is perfect for walking to central areas, such as Koutoubia mosque and the marketplace, which are about 15 min walk away. And a grocery store is about 5 minute walk away too. The area is super peaceful and quiet, and a mosque is close to hear the prayer call throughout the day.

The front desk and the security staff made us feel very safe by always welcoming us and taking our shopping bags to the room.

The Hotel manger was very friendly and asked for any recommendations to help better accommodate future guests.

If it’s your first time in Marrakech, this is the place to stay!!! Do not miss out and boom your stay!!! :)

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2020

I booked this hotel as part of our honey moon. I informed the hotel via email and asked if they could do anything to make it special. I was emailed back within an hour and the hotel confirmed it would have it sorted. When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted very graciously and offered mint tea while check in took place. Through out the whole process all the staff were very friendly and smiling and ready to help. We were booked in a smaller sized double room. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. However there was no kettle in the room. I went to reception and asked if I could have a kettle. I was told by the night receptionist that I could not have kettle because it is only provided in suites. I insisted and the receptionist stated that she will ask but if it’s not possible she will send up some hot water. A few moments later a knock on the door and one of the staff brought us some hot water in a thermos. However there was no cups in the room and no sugar milk etc. The receptionist did inform him however that there is room service available until 2am. We therefore decided to just order some mint tea. The mint tea was free :)

The next day we decided that the room was too small and wanted to get a bigger room with a kettle.

I spoke with Kawthar (receptionist) and explained that the room was a bit small and there is no kettle and I would like a bigger room and requested to know the price.

Kawthur was extremely helpful.
She informed that there is no kettle in smaller rooms but then went on to say she will give us an upgrade bigger room for free. I was surprised and at the same time very appreciative.

Kawthur then showed me the room and asked if we liked it and we said yes. It was bigger and had a balcony. Perfect. Again it was very clean.
However there was no kettle again. I asked kawthur if she could please try and source one and she did.

Kawthur was very helpful and friendly.

We also had breakfast here.
There wasn’t much on offer for breakfast. Some fruits, pastries, cereal, and kofte type sausages.
There was no eggs but when asked the staff they made it for us. We did however enjoy the fresh juices they made. One was beetroot with something and the other two were cucumber with something, the last one we didn’t taste.

The hotel location is perfect. It’s away from the hustle and bustle but should you wish to venture into the city it’s only a 10 minute walk. There are plenty of restaurants in the vicinity with a variety of cuisines.

The hotel itself is very modern and very clean. It’s feels good being in a clean environment. All the staff are super friendly and helpful.
There isn’t much of a swimming pool though but we wasn’t really interested in one anyway.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.
I’ve stayed in other Moroccan hotels and have had bad experiences, especially with customer service.
This hotel is the complete opposite, seems as though they are given training in customer service.

We would definitely stay here again when next in Marrakesh.

10/10 from us

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Uzair17
Reviewed January 8, 2020 via mobile

We booked this hotel while in Marrakesh after we were confronted with the scam of the original riad we booked..

It’s a nice and small hotel with good services just outside Medina in the French quarter of Gueliz..Everything is in walking distance ..and lots of restaurants are just around the corner..
Hotel staff was super friendly and helpfull, beds were comfortable and they serve a superb breakfast
We really enjoyed our stay here
Afterwards we were even more happy we stayed in Gueliz instead of in Medina..
So everything just turned out just fine ..

Date of stay: December 2019