“Great restaurant”
Review of Libzar

Libzar
Ranked #6 of 905 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Moroccan
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 29, 2012

As regular visitors to Marrakech we have eaten in a large number of restaurants and this is one of the best. We liked this restaurant so much that we ate there twice. Especially to be recommended are the moroccan starters, one portion of which is more than enough for two. If you have eaten in Al Fassia and liked it you will love Libzar.

2  Thank FloydChorley

Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

It was just great experience. We went there for our last dinner in Morocco and it was definitely good choice.

The staff was so friendly and professional. The mixture of different moroccan tastes offers you a starter called "Moroccan salad" - 12 little plates with little bit of this and little bit of that. I had a lamb tajine with almonds and raisins as a main dish and after 3 weeks of tajine mania in Morocco this was a perfect finish :-)

2  Thank Blanka O
Reviewed April 11, 2012

It never ceases to amaze me how tourists can hype up a place that they wouldn't return to if it was in their own home town.

Don't get me wrong L'Ibzar is a good restaurant. However, it is currently ranked no. 7 on tripadvisor and the reviews are generally glowing...hmmmm...I guess I'll have be the fish that swims upstream against the tide once more, because I feel it deserves good ratings, but a no. 7 ranking is pushing it a bit too far...

We paid about 900 Dhiram for our meal (two people, incl. 10% voluntary service charge and no alcohol).

For starters we had the cocktail snacks (7/10) and fish pastille (7/10). My girlfriend had the 'chicken noodle' dish for the main course (7.5/10), while I opted for the beef tanja (7.5/10). We shared the Moroccan patisserie (7.5/10) and another Moroccan dessert (7/10).

Like:
- Interior is nice and modern
- Service was good (however, we were their on a quiet Wednesday night, so I don't know what the service is like on a busy night)
- Reasonably priced

Room for improvement:
- We were seated next to each other (which is very good), but our table was looking straight at the opposite table, who's diners were also seated next to each other facing us...a bit weird
- I've had better versions of almost all the dishes at other restaurants in Marrakesh

In my book, L'Ibzar is a good restaurant, but for instance, Riad Kniza or Dar Najat are better (although more expensive).

2  Thank TKB001
Reviewed April 4, 2012

A smart modern elegant restaurant whose staff really are trying to please. Interesting well cooked food (not standard lazy tourist schlock) and absolutely the best creme brulee with Cardamon and pine I've had anywhere - so good we actually had two helpings each.

1  Thank Coltbridge
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We ate at this restaurant on a Friday night, and it was not very busy. We were warmly greeted at the door and then shown to a comfortable table in front of the fireplace (although the fire was not lit). The menu is in French, but the staff managed to translate the majority of it for us. We opted for the selection of Moroccan salads to start. One portion is enough to share between 2 as a light starter. All of the 12 dishes presented in this dish were very tasty and beautifully presented.

My partner opted for a tagine, which came with cous cous, and I opted for the meat and vegetable cous cous, both of which were delicious. We again shared a dessert, creme brulee, which was plenty for 2 people.

The owner later appeared in the restaurant and visited every table to ensure that everything was ok with everyone's meals. All in all a very pleasurable experience and meal in Marrakech.