“Wonderful stay. Very welcoming hosts”
Review of Riad Ghemza

Riad Ghemza
Ranked #361 of 1,187 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Loved my night at Riad Ghemza.
My hosts were so friendly and helpful and I even got a tour of the markets in the morning! My room was upgraded at no charge and was spacious with a lovely bathroom and very cool and quiet. Highly recommend this place to anyone wanting to stay right in the centre of things and still enjoy some peace and quiet.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Discovered on Tripadvisor Riad Ghemza was by far the best place I have slept during my trip to Morrocco. It has all qualities of a 5 stars hotel: impeccable cleanliness, comfortable and large room, delicious breakfast, discreet and efficient employees which are always there for you and it is well located. I definitely recommand this place for a stay in Marrakech. The only thing which is missing to this riad, it is not to be recommended yet in a guide as Lonely Planet!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Riad Ghemza is the perfect, zen shelter, in the heart of the chaotic medina, spotlessly clean and comfy with authentic, atmospheric interior. The hospitality and the tips of the owners make your Marrakesh experience much more safe and enjoyable.Warmly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
RiadGHEMZA, Propriétaire at Riad Ghemza, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2014

Hello,

Thank you so much for your very nice comment. We are pleased that you had a great time at the Riad.

I can tell it was a great pleasure to welcome you and to chat to you, I really appreciate it.

Khadija and Ouafi say "hello".

Take good care of you.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I've had an opportunity to stay at Riad Ghemza for a week. I couldn't have stay at a better place. It was a very quiet place. I didn't hear anything at night so I slept like a baby. The Hotel is beautiful and well put together. My room was awesome. Nice an comfortable. Fabien is a super guy. He was very helpful to me and another guests as well. He speaks many languages. All the helps are fantastic and always helpful despite the language different. You have to stay here at least once just to experience the awesome breakfast that the helps put together for the guests in the morning, fabulous!!! I will definitely stay here again next time I visit Marrakech.

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I ve been in this Riad a couple of months ago with my girlfriend and everything left us amazed.....The place it s lovely, all the staff treat you like a part of the family and really gently.
The rooms are all different and on the top of the building there is a small bath to enjoy a sunset in company. everything really clean and situated at 5 min from the square jaama el fna.

Room Tip: any room it s really nice!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We had a very enjoyable stay at this Riad. The Riad is very clean with a
pleasant communal area where we took a fresh breakfast each morning. We had a nice
sized room on the top floor with a nice bathroom. The Riad is in a great location,
just a few steps away from the medina with several good restaurants also nearby.
The owner is quite knowledgeable about Marakesh as well as with Morrocco.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
RiadGHEMZA, Owner at Riad Ghemza, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Hello Annette,

Thank you so much for your very nice comment.
We were glad to welcome you and we are happy that you had a pleasant time at the Riad. It is very important to us and really a good pleasure to hear about it.

Take good care of you.

Fabien

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We stayed at Riad Ghemza for three nights in February and it was very pleasant but the real star of the show is the service. Samir looked after us exceptionally well and nothing was too much trouble. He welcomed us on arrival with mint tea and sat down to explain where the main attractions were and what excursions might be possible. He gave us a map of the area and explained how we could get to the square from the riad.
When you first arrive dont be alarmed that the taxi will stop and a man will likely walk you to the riad through some windy narrow streets, i would strongly recommend booking the riads taxi as otherwise you may well find yourself lost - we would never have found the place on our own.
Because of the narrow streets we decided to get our bearings by heading out to the sqaure and back. Its a leisurely ten minutes but it will take you longer as you will stop to look at the souks en route! There are very few signs and every alley way looks alike so try and make a mental note of a few key things.
The riad itself it very comfortable with a lovely roof terrace and plunge pool on the roof. The room was cool (possibly too cool...but probably a welcome retreat in the summer months) clean and compfortable with a good shower and seperate WC.
The communal areas are well equipped also with guide books etc.
Breakfast each morning was very good and mint tea was in abundance!
All in all a well appointed riad in a very good location, comfortable surroundings and a welcome tranquil escape from the bustle of the city. Samirs excellent customer service was the icing on the cake.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are good but ours did feel slightly chilly so perhaps an extra jumper would be...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple