“A Last minute break”
Review of Riad Ghemza

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Riad Ghemza
Ranked #316 of 1,153 Marrakech B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“A Last minute break”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Having booked the flight only about 2 hours before departure I had only about 30 minutes to decide where to stay before boarding my plane out of London.

I am very glad that I was drawn to Riad Ghemza. The hospitality was perfect, the Riad is attractive and my room was small but very comfortable, tasteful and elegant. (Berber room, on the roof terrace). It was also extremely peaceful, as the Riad is set back from any main passage. The only time I was awoken was by the call to prayer, which was far from disturbing and was actually a beautiful sound, almost siren like.

The roof terrace is small but nice with a small plunge pool and two sun loungers and tables and seating for about six. In the late afternoon it was so relaxing and peaceful to be there and read my book and listen to bird song.

I have realised that I have an appalling sense of direction and I got hopelessly and frustratingly lost in the Medina, even after two days!! If you stay at this Riad you will have to pay someone about 4 Euros to guide you there in the first instance from the main square, Jemma El Fna (13 minutes walk) and then rely on the map that is supplied by your hosts to get you back. If you are as hopeless as I am there is always a "guide" who will escort you to where you want to go, but it will cost you about 10 MD every time!!

Thank you to all at the Riad.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Good value!
Great service!
1st day it was difficult to find it, crazy narrow streets on the zoco but when you are situated it's next to the Medersa Ben Yousef.
Breakfast it's very good!
Tiny room but very nice.

• Stayed February 2013
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Very well located in the middle of the medina. Very good quality/price ratio. Good service. Comfortable and clean rooms. Owned by a very friendly french couple that will be always willing to give you advice if you need it. Very functional.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Utrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The Riad was very well maintained and very clean. Marrakech inner city can be extremely confusing, but the owners were very helpful to help out. It has a very relaxing rooftop terras that takes you away from the busy streets. The interior is an interesting mix between modern and Moroccan style - beautiful. Excellent value for money.

Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Very nice Riad in the Medina with nice rooms, delicious breakfast and above all a familiy-like atmosphere. Very good help with organizing all the tours. Thank you for the pleasent time!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 2, 2013

From the moment we arrived until we left Fabien and Laurence made us feel completely welcome and at home in this beautiful Riad. It is perfectly located close to El Fna square, the souks and some great restaurants which we thoroughly enjoyed after Fabien’s recommendations on our arrival. My partner had been sick for 3 days prior to our arrival and Laurence and Fabien even went out of their way to give him some medicine which helped him straight away. We were also very thankful for Fabien’s spa/hammam recommendation which saved us over 1000MAD compared to the other spas we were looking at booking with. The rooms were very clean and the bed was so comfortable, it was the best sleep my partner and I had the entire trip. The breakfast was excellent and very tasty and all the staff working in the Riad were so friendly you never felt like you were being troublesome. For the price of the room and the level of service which the friendly and knowledgeable hosts had, I wouldn’t look any further for a great Riad in Marrakech.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Really owners and really good rooms with à good bed and à good shower. Also good daytrips and good help from the owners with finishing restaurants. Close to the souks and the main square. There are also some minus points to this riad though. The smell in the place was not so good when we came in, this was delt with as soon as we made à remark about this though. Altough we didn,t mind the owners have two little children who do make some noise and even one night we could hear them. Also the main hal is the living room for the family so there will always be children in there. Again we did not mind but if you come for à silent riad dont pick this one. Last point is that the whirlpool was not filled, this wasnt mensioned when booking. The Wifi did not reach into the room as was advertised on booking. We did have à good time though !!

• Stayed November 2012
RiadGHEMZA, Propriétaire at Riad Ghemza, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

I thank you very much for your compliments concerning the help we bring to our guests.

I am however surprised by your comments because I asked you every day if everything was O.K. and even the day of your departure, and you always answered me positively.

As regards the smell, no host has ever indicated me it, and it is true even during your stay. When you indicated it to me, I effectively spread of some perfume to be pleasant to your pregnant wife but nothing smelt.

Concerning the pool, we had just cleaned it and did not precipitated to fill it as the outside temperature did not allow to put itself in swimsuit at this moment. I would have hurried to make it if you had required it to me. But it is done now: we have filled it again.

For the WiFi, it works very well but maybe not exactly in the place where you wished it. I I want to specify that you were all the time on the privative terrace and that the WiFi works there perfectly.

We put all our heart for the biggest satisfaction of our hosts and did not hesitate, although it is not the schedule of the breakfast, to wake up at 06:00 am the days of your excursion and departure so that you did not leave with the empty stomach.