“Not worth the walk”
Review of Ensemble Artisanal

Ensemble Artisanal
Ranked #3 of 130 Shopping in Marrakech
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We were disappointed in the Ensemble Artisanal, very few shops and the quality we thought was no better than a lot of the stalls in the souks. Whilst it is promoted as hassle free shopping it was so laid back that we couldn't find a salesperson in the carpet shop. Also in a couple of the shops they indicated they were prepared to negotiate so in reality the prices are not fixed and thus one cannot use as a benchmark. The positives - there were some nice garden beds. We quickly made our way back to the souks.

There are newer reviews for Ensemble Artisanal

Reviewed April 4, 2014

There is a shop that sells china bits and pieces but beware ! The shop owner seems to take great pride in wrapping up the goods in massive of paper, again and again and then binding them with cello-tape- don't let him do this. I am sure he means well but I took them in my hand luggage and when I got back they were smashed beyond repair. The market is a nice place but I preferred the souks.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

OK, they have fixed price here and there is no pressure to buy, but I thought it was more fun to huggle your way in the souk. It was nice to watch the ladies weaving carpets. One of them let me try making the knots.

1  Thank Megumi H
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Enjoyed a 45 minute stay at the artisanal, the goods for sale seemed of a good standard and is a good place to visit for those who don't like to barter.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

This shopping complex is very nice. Fixed prices with a variety of shops. A good idea to head here to get a quick overview of prices you would expect to pay in the souk. Less than 10 mins from Djema el-Fna square

1  Thank chch2010