WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #4 of 113 Shopping in Marrakech
Lincoln, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Welcome break from the souks with cheaper prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

After spending half a week wandering the souks being constantly hassled and not buying anything due to the pushy sellers (I know they need to make money but their not going about it the right way)i/e being left to browse we would have spent dirhams in the souks but there you go!

Anyway I read about the Ensemble Artisanal on Mohammed V Avenue and so me and my wife decided to check it out.From outside it looks a little scary with its large arch entrance but be brave and venture through as you will love it inside.There are small and large shops selling leather,jewellery,musical instruments,pottery tajines etc,brassware etc,and other things.The prices are displayed clearly and we found many things cheaper than the prices quoted in the souks off Jemma el Fna square.The traders also make items on site in their shops and you can watch them without them wanting payment or getting annoyed!Most of the shops we found friendly but one shop selling leather we found a little overpriced but the leather shop in the middle was friendly and we purchased several items here.I also purchased a snake charmer ZUKARA berber pipe in the music shop after a friendly demonstration by the shop owner.In the centre is a lovely cafe really clean selling drinks and food.

I highly recommend you look in the souks but come here to buy as you know what you are spending and WONT GET RIPPED OFF BY THE SOUK TRADERS.but thats up to you...

Visited January 2014

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Absolutely loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

I bought a gorgeous, very large yellow leather handbag from here, for 780 dh. The man was so lovely, and was happy for me to take my time making a decision (there were so many beautiful bags to choose from!). I never once felt pressured or rushed. The best part is that everything in the store is made by him and his father. He was standing there cobbling away while i looked at the bags. The shop is called morocconaire. We also got a beautiful name plate engraved from a shop called aidr, run by a lovely old man who only speaks french.

3 Thank 123vs
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Best shopping all trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

After experiencing the medina for our first week in Morocco it was a breath of fresh air to arrive in the Ensemble. Prices clearly marked and no pestering/gambits for attention. Many artists are constructing on site and we found many treasures we intent to take home. I heard prices were above the Medina, however if you are terrible at haggling (like me) then you will still likely pay less here.

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“best shopping in marrakech”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

after the hustle and bustle in the souks, we found by accident this absolute gem. all the goods from the market and better for a fraction of the price. the prices were placed on the goods. you could look all you want and nobody tried to sell you something. I didn't want to buy anything on this trip and came back from this place with a whole shoppingbag.my advice, take in the atmosphere from the souk but buy at this place. just great.

2 Thank Franziska S
Chippenham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Excellent - highly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

Just returned from our first trip to Marrakech and thoroughly enjoyed it! The Ensemble Artisanal is a little gem - a fantastic Government run shop/workshop centre - it's located through a very beautiful archway, which is how we stumbled across it! The staff are absolutely lovely, with no hard sell or pressure whatsoever, just leaving us to browse for as long as we wanted. They sell amazing carpets, leather goods, stunning pottery, lamps etc etc - the prices seemed very good to us and we bought souvenirs here because we found the souks incredible but we found it hard to buy anything because of the constant hassling - where at the Ensemble Artisanal, there was no pestering and you could enjoy browsing - yet the staff were on hand and would give lots of information about the making of the rugs etc - well worth a visit! The staff also wrapped our purchases so beautifully to ensure the pottery we bought would make it home safely. Absolutely recommended!

3 Thank BLMHCM