“Excellent on a deal” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #103 of 505 Hotels in Marrakech
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent on a deal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

This hotel is beautiful, amazing garden areas, lovely pool and the room we had was fantastic and air conditioned. Where this place fell was with the food primarily, often undercooked and definitely avoid everything with cheese in it. Secondly was the overall atmosphere, while great for the family and I was there with my family so it was great. The place does have a butlins feel to it. Secondly was the taxi the hotel booked for us which was about 5 times as expensive as the rank outside the hotel, we really did not expect that from the hotel itself.

I wouldn't visit again but my experiences of morocco unfortunately are marred and that is more to do with feeling that everyone was trying to rip me off as opposed to the hotel itself. Best idea is a short family break here, 4 days and it will be a fantastic trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank C-Loh_brown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Arabic first
Edgworth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Lovely hotel -only two floors high, built in traditional Moroccan style in magical gardens and courtyards. Big rooms. Great staff who were always cheerful, friendly and very helpful. Huge variety of really good food for all tastes at all meals - different every day and spoiled for choice! - snacks available all day. We went in January and the weather was wet but we had free access to the spa, pool and the hammam (I wonder if they'd taken notice of Maryanne's review?)which was amazing. We didn't see any night club and found it very quiet and relaxing. There seemed to be a lot of facilities for children situated to one side so that they could be safe and wouldn't be disturbing anyone else.
We walked outside the walls but it was in the middle of nowhere with nothing but roads around - best to get shuttle bus or taxi into town.

Room Tip: There are no lifts up to the first floor. If you don't mind the stairs these are more private a...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ceinwen01
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Very nice hotel and lovely gardens. It is quite a way out: don't make the mistake we did of trying to get there on number 19 bus from the airport. We had to get a taxi as well! Free bus from hotel into Marrakech but you must book it. Great choice of food in buffet and reasonable choice of drinks. Some things not open for winter and VERY DISAPPOINTED that the indoor pool (located in the spa) cost approx £10 per person for a swim!! We went in January and the weather was wet and it was not warm enough to swim outdoors. Even with the somewhat heated water of the one open outdoor pool you would freeze when you got out of it. Not really an option.

Room Tip: All seem okay. We asked for a quiet room with twin beds and that was what we were given. (Well actua...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

i stayed here for business seminar so different point of view from holiday makers maybe. hotel was quite empty except us. is situated on large road where you can walk &( ,inutes to get for ex to pasha night club. for getting into city you will need cab. enough facilties available, even outside swimming pool suitable for swimming in winter. rooms are large, but it can be quite noisy. seems isolation is not very strong, and also people suitcases make a lot of noise on those stones. food was quite OK with large choice, desserts of course very sweet.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

stayed there as group of 12 on an all inclusive package.
The accommodation was excellent and main meals were good. the nightclub was very good and they made a special effort to welcome us.
What was disappointing was the Poor attitude at tea time. Without indicating they stopped the hot drinks machine and started removing snacks ( cakes etc) while some off our group were waiting in the queue to be served!!! at the closing time ( 5.30 p.m.).

The spa, indoor pool and Hammam facility were deliberately difficult to access and the staff extremely rude and awkward. When one of us managed to book and access the indoor pool ,he was charged £7 for the privilege.
We had many golfers in our group. Not having access to Spa was very disappointing.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

The Kenzi Club Agdal Medina is a lovely hotel with very polite staff. The entertainment was brilliant with a troop of young people whose enthusiasm was boundless with a leader worthy of Circe du Soleil. The food was excellent with loads of choice; cannot understand why other reviews said it was dirty - it was not. Rooms were clean with a small balcony. It is a few miles from the centre of town but we wanted to sunbathe and relax. If you want to be in the thick of it then stay in a Riad in the Souks!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Heather W
Rome, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

The location is ok ( nothing special really), but I've never been treated like this in my whole life. I'm speechless. First of all their english is pretty lame so unless you know french you won't have a proper communication with any of them, which in 2014 I find it severe. Their level of care towards the guest on an escalation of 1 to ten can be considered -3. For example, I've lost my hat and asked a couple of time if they found it or had a lost and found and all I've received from them is just a rude "NO" without even looking at me. I work in the hotel industry and I know how important it is to let the guest feel at his ease but there it looks like they don't have the faintest idea of what hospitality or at least a decent service is. But here comes the worst part. I was there with my boyfriend and had an early flight so I left at 7 30 in the morning. I decided to pay cash for the spa treatments and they said "no problems madame", so I gave 100 € and left. When my boyfriend had to check out and settle the bill which would have included only the rate of our stay without any extra, he could see it looked like if the spa charges had been already paid. When he pointed them out they started lying saying I haven't paid. When I've heard what happened I called them and talked so someone at the reception saying he would have checked and called me back. He didn't. I called back after 3 hours and he said his manager wasn't there and that he would have solved it with him the net morning and that he would have called back. I'm still waiting for their call and judging on how much you can trust a staff that is trying to steal money from you I guess that won't happen. An advice? don't give your money to thieves and choose some other hotels.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Caterina-Malorni
clubagdal, Service qualité at Kenzi Club Agdal Medina, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your last stay at Kenzi Club Agdal Médina.
Please note that your comments allow us to measure the clients satisfaction and to improve the quality of our services.
Relating to the Spa incident, after an internal investigation, we find it was a technical problem.
We already contacted you companion and we are waiting for its bank information’s to make the refund. .
We remain at your disposal, please contact us as soon as possible.
Best regards,