“Bad manicure”
Review of Le Bain Bleu

Le Bain Bleu
Ranked #23 of 105 Spas & Wellness in Marrakech
More attraction details
Owner description: The hammam, source of oriental beauty, is an age-old ritual whose secrets and traditions spell relaxation and well- being. Its magical properties will waft you away into other worlds, delighting mind and body alike in an atmosphere heady with the scents of eucalyptus, marjoram and rose oils, soft music floating in the air to lull you into meditation.Relaxation as you’ve never experienced it before!
Grand Cayman
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Bad manicure”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

The place is lovely however if you're going to have a manicure (because the weather can do a number on your hands), skip this place. The room for this is barely used, on the roof wi AC off and not decorated like the rest of the spa (read not at all). The material used is somewhat rickety and the nail polish is dated thus doesn't apply nicely. Basically, as soon as I got out, I stopped by a pharmacy to get remover and some fresh polish to reapply myself.

Visited November 2013

Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Absolute heaven in Marrakech!”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I've been to a fair few spas, and this is one of the best. Not cheap, but a wonderful experience! My friend and I went for the relaxation option at 850 dihrams, and it was magnificent. First we steamed gently for a while, and scrubbed ourselves with black soap. then we had a lovely foot bath, and were smeared with some mud, then left to wallow. After that a bracing scrub with sweet smelling salts envigorated us, followed by soothing oils. I felt very relaxed, and enjoyed the face mask as well. After this we showered and were taken to a bracingly cool jacuzzi! Then came the most amazing massage of my life - and I've had a few! It must have lasted over an hour! Staff were friendly and helpful - we spoke in French, as their English is limited. I recommend this place wholeheartedly - can't wait to go back!

Visited November 2013
Surrey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“An enjoyable experience, and excellent massage.”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

It wast first experience of Hammam, but not of a massage. You wouldn't find this place by accident, but once there it's very relaxing. Starting with a shower, steam room and then the Hammam - it was a little like being scrubbed with sandpaper, but certainly opened out the pores. Short time to relax before being covered in mud-mask (or similar, my French doesn't go that far!) and left for a while in the steam room. Then a shower and off for the massage which I must say was very good - interesting that's wife was asked to go naked but not me? All in all very good experience , but a few more smiles from the staff would help - a comment not confined to this place at all!

Visited October 2013
Zurich
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average hammam”
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

We have been here twice once only hammam and once only massage during our stay here in Marrakech.
The hammam was ok, however we stayed too long in the hot room and my blood pressure was too low so I had to quit during some time. Then the washing and scrub ritual was good, the lady was nice. The feet bath was good & refreshig however the basin was by far too small (for feet over 38).
I would rather expect some water/ more tea & cookies during and after the spa treatment.
Jacuzzi poor & not similar to a whirlpool, not hot enough.
Very nice decoration & clean hammam. However it is a little bit overpriced for the service!
Massage was good. 1h massage and they did exactely 60 minutes!
Ladies at reception kind of rude!

Visited September 2013
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“'average spa'”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My husband surprised me to have a spa in Le Bain Bleu. The place is just 5 minutes walk away from the Riad where we stayed. It was decorated very well and being in a Muslim country you have to comply with their rules. My husband booked the treatment, but nobody told us to bring swimming outfit. When we arrived there, since we are not prepared we decided to have a relaxing massage instead.
The massage was great only I was feeling uncomfortably to be exposed unnecessarily. While the therapist is massaging my legs my upper part of the body is exposed (not happy about it). Although I tried to cover myself the therapist took no noticed of it. I was expecting them to be more conservative regarding this. One policy in massage is that 'expose only the part of the body that you need to'.
Overall the massage was soothing, relaxing and the environment was decorated very well. Again quite pricy in compared to the standard .

Visited August 2013