“Dinner April 2013”

Ranked #61 of 905 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Moroccan
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: For over 25 years Al Fassia in Marrakech has been the reference point for traditional Moroccan cuisine.
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Fabulous food, with entertaining staff and location. I would highly recommend making the trip to this great restaurant.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

The decoration of the restaurant was beautiful. Very romantic setting. The service was very good. We had a few appetizers and afterwards a tajine. Delicious. It was our first night out in Marrakesh and it was just a great way to start our holidays!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We dined here on our last night in Marrakech.
The restaurant itself is nicely decorated and the staff were helpful and pretty attentive (I generally found service in Morocco to be lack lustre but Al Fassia was better than most).
The food was really excellent. We had pigeon pastilla for starters which were delicious - only complaint was that they were too big to be a starter but I don't think that can really classify as a complaint.
We both had chicken tagines for main course (mine with squash, my better half's with olives) - both excellent and very happy customers.
Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We had a wonderful evening in a beautiful setting with delicious food.
The staff is very efficient and friendly - only ladies.
We had a selection of Moroccan starters (16 little plates to share, simply delicious!). We had good fun trying ti guess which spices and herbs were used in the preparation - absolutely amazing.
Then I ate chicken tajine with olives and preserved lemons...it was really tasty and unlike any flavour I had ever come across.
Although the restaurant is large and rather busy, it still feels cosy and very pleasant.
I would suggest to make reservation; it is completely booked most of the times.
Children felt welcomed.
Value for money was very adequate. Around 150 dh for a main dish.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Go! The food here was so good and there was plenty of it. We'd been told that it might not be as good as Foundouk, but we felt it was on par (if not actually better - hard to compare if you don't eat the same dishes).

We both had the salad starter - wow - I've never had so many different delicious and varying salads in one setting. I've been inspired to try out different salads at home now too! My husband had the meatball tagine and I had the lamb with caramelised onions and tomatoes - both were mouthwatering and portions (as others have stated) were generous. We just had room for a bit of dessert so decided to share a plate of the Moroccan petit fours - and again, were not disappointed. The service wasn't phenomenally attentive, but we weren't completely ignored either. The eating experience made up for any lack of smiles we may have encountered...

1  Thank brightonlovestravel