“Waitresses should do some proper service training” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Al Fassia Aguedal

Al Fassia Aguedal
Ranked #45 of 769 Restaurants in Marrakech
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Waitresses should do some proper service training”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This was recommended by a friend so we paid a visit. Two of my friends are fasting for the Easter, so they wanted some Fish Tagine, in the menu, their Tagine is either vegetable of mixed. We asked if they could make fish only since they could make a vegetable alone, but then the waitress pretended that they don't understand us. I know how to cook, so I'm pretty sure they could make something out of fish only!
Then we noticed the other table were given bread for starters together with the olives and we didn't get any. We had to ask for it!
Every time we ask something they give us this odd look like they made us feel we don't have the right to ask.
There was only one pleasant waitress, she is a bit old and dark. She smiles at us unlike all other girls there who were just standing and looking at us.
And for the food... only the HARIRA was good, other than that it was all okay, I bet the food in Jma Al Fna is far delish than this.

• 1 of 5 stars

• Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, great setting, let down by service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Starter salads were impressive and is was great to get a little taste of everything. The tagines are good and like other review say, portions are generous. Wine was great, but very disappointing mixed kebab grill dish as the serving is small, rice bland and the whole dish isn't worth what they charge. Nonetheless, what would have been a lovely evening thanks to the setting and decor of the restaurant, was slightly ruined by the indifferent service, where the waitresses refused to address me directly and only interacted with my partner, and where us and all the tables around us had to struggle to get the attention of anyone all night.

• 3 of 5 stars
Wales
“Good meal.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Our Riad booked this for us and we were not disappointed. We had tagines and the portions are quite simply huge...I thought there would have been more spice in the couscous as to me it tasted a little bit bland, but overall the dish was very good. Neither of us could finish or have dessert. The red wine was fine and probably the same price as home. £18/20.
The service was great and the girls were very friendly. It was a nice change to have women working in a restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
Dubai, UAE
“great food at reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I normally research where to eat and when I when I asked my local about about this place, he confirmed they serve excellent local food at very reasonable prices. That was indeed true, with many locals around me eating. The food is great, prices very reasonable and they have a good wine list.

warwickshire
“Very pleasing experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Very pleasant restaurant with lovely service and in a lovely setting . "Starter salads" are a true taste sensation , pastilla was good. The Tajines were fine but not exceptional - I imagine they were made in bulk and then "decanted" into a Tajine rather than cooked in the Tajine as there was no "sticky bottom" to the Tajine - however very passable .

• 3 of 5 stars