New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #18 of 511 Hotels in Marrakech
New York City, New York
“Amazing hospitality!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here at the beginning of June. We originally chose the hotel because of its location, the great reviews, as well as the reasonable price. We were just blown away at the tremendous hospitality and quality service that the staff provided! We had such a wonderful experience that we couldn't stop raving about the riad after our trip and I even decided to write my first review here. (I usually just review on Yelp.) We stayed at the Coral room. No need to post photos as the photos on their website are an accurate representation of the riad.

Laurent was by far the best manager/concierge I've ever met. When we arrived we were welcomed with tea and snacks and he spend over half an hour chatting with us. He pulled out a map, gave us an overview of the medina and the landmarks and gave us ideas for sight seeing. After we took a nap at our lovely room he and one other staff accompanied us for a walk to the nearby square so that we could get our bearings and not get lost coming back. At that point we already felt that this was beyond what we expected but in the course of our 3 day stay we were made to feel as if this was our family home in Marrakech. Every time we headed out they asked us about our plans and gave helpful suggestions when needed and when we came back they spent a few minutes talking to us about our adventures of the day. Breakfast on the roof was terrific and everything from the kitchen was delightful. Our room was kept nice and clean each day with fresh roses and incense. And personally, I loved the bath products they had. I ten to be picky and usually just use my own but I loved their bath products so much I actually brought some back home. We also noticed that during the day they would put decorative pillow covers which they will then change when they turn down the bed for the night. They would even switch the AC on before we came back from dinner so it would be comfortable by the time we got back. All these little details did not go unnoticed. And Laurent not only gave us great recommendations but also made reservations for us for dinner, the hammam, and even got us train tickets for our departure.

Truly, our trip would not have been as great if not for our wonderful stay at this Riad. We look forward to coming back!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
      Rooms
9 Thank Ryna D
Laurent O, Manager at Riad Al Badia, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear Madam,
I thank you for your absolutely lovely review that when straight to our hearts. Mostapha and his all team join me to express you our heartfelt gratitude for your stay at Riad Al Badia. It has been a pure delight to receive you these few days and to see you discover Marrakech and our Culture. Samira was very pleased to make you discover our cuisine and breakfasts. So thank you so everything you gave us and we all hope to see you again in a not too far future. We wish you all the best. Take good care of both of you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014

We stayed there 2 or 3 weeks ago and the staff was amazing to say the least! They helped walk us around to help us get our bearings and showed us what things we might be interested in doing. Staying in a Riad was a good choice for truly getting a sense of the true culture of Morocco. Riad Al Badia is a small home with about 5 rooms and we were the only ones staying that weekend, but the staff was there to serve us literally 24 hours a day! We stayed up on the 3rd story or roof with an extra flight of stairs to go up to another terrace to get an even better view. One night we stayed up late and relaxed on the highest terrace and hearing the call to prayer from one of the bigger main city minarets in the middle of the night was something I will never forget! Again you will not be disappointed staying here and the staff is great.

One heads up that I should have known better being from San Diego and taking family and friends down to Tijuana all of the time, but be informed on what you purchase in the souks. I bought some saffron that really was really dyed tree bark and some tea that smelled great but molded by the time I got home. Live and learn and don't be afraid to say no and walk away from someone trying to sell you something you don't want.

Another thing make sure you have a sim card and internet to help you find your way around. We purchased a sim and 500 mb for 6 dollars, but did this was in Tangier.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
13 Thank j_morace1
Laurent O, Gérant at Riad Al Badia, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Dear Sir,
I thank you for this lovely review. Mostapha and his all team join me to express you our heartfelt gratitude for your stay at Riad Al Badia. It has been a pure delight having you these few days at the Riad with us. 1 little point regarding your piece of advice with a SIM card and internet, GPS is a technology not always accurate here, I would strongly advise that any future traveller contact us sending a costless e-mail to the Riad, we will be able to provide with all directions to come to the Riad with a traveller decides to come on his own, we do provide our drivers also to collect our guests at the airport of Marrakech or Casablanca and he drives and accompanies our guests to the door of the Riad, what would be easier and certainly more comfortable to reach the Riad at first time. It is said. So Thank you again for everything you gave us and we all hope to be able to receive you again in a not too far future. Take good care of both of you.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2014

My whole experience in Marrakech was wonderful. The Riad Al Badia and its staff made my stay beyond perfect. I would stay here again. The breakfast was amazing. The concierge services were personalized and efficiently arranged. The attention to details and my comfort, security, and enjoyment were impeccable. Anything I needed was there. Convenient location in walking distance to shopping, restaurants, and sites. Excellent!

Room Tip: My room was adequate for one person or a couple. Larger rooms are available. No complaints with my...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
9 Thank Theo S
Laurent O, Manager at Riad Al Badia, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Sir,
I thank you for this lovely review. Mostapha and his all team join me to express you our heartfelt gratitude for your stay ar Riad Al Badia. It has been a pure delight for the all team to receive you these few days and we all hope to see you again in a not too far future. Take good care of you.
Casablanca, Morocco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

This place is amazing. The service is outstanding. The workers and owner are attentive, informative and have a great attitude!
I would definitely come back here if I'm in Marrakech again.
It's located just walking distance from jemaa el fna square and a minute from Kosybar...close to the action but away from it all to let you unwind at the end of the day with peace and quiet.
The room was great but the bathroom was a bit of a squeeze...nonetheless, it was worth it!

Stayed July 2014
10 Thank Reuel D
Laurent O, Manager at Riad Al Badia, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear Sir,
I thank you very much for this lovely review. We all would like to thank you for your stay at Riad Al Badia, it has been a pure delight for the all team to receive you these few days. I take the opportunity of this review to remind that Riad Al Badia offers 3 different types of rooms, the standard ones, where you stayed, the smallest ones, located on the terrace, the superior double ones, located on ground floor & 1st floor of the Riad, the intermediate category, and the junior suite, the largest category, located on 1st floor of the Riad. This gives options according everyone’s expectations. So thank you for this stay, we keep a very warm and an elegant souvenir of your stay among us. We all hope to see you again soon, you are home at Riad Al Badia. Thank you again for everything and take good care of you.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014

Based on Trip Advisor reviews, my brother and I booked two nights in the Riad Al Badia. We got in late on the train and took a taxi that rivaled an amusement park ride. When we got out, the taxi driver pointed us down an ally and gestured where to go. We quickly got lost, and with luggage, we were a clear target for the kids watching us. They offered to show us the way to the Riad door, which is in a bit of a maze of walkways. We gave the kids 10 Durhams, which they said was "too small", but when we knocked on the door and were greeted by the staff, the kids quickly wandered off.

Since we got in so late, only the night staff were there, but they were very welcoming. We were given mint tea and shown to our room on the roof terrace. The room was not large, but enough space. I dumbly locked my passport in the safe and realized I had no idea how to open it, but they quickly came and helped us when asked. After settling in, we went to The Kosy Bar which was only a 6 minute walk from the Riad. One of the few places to find a drink in Marrakech.

The next morning (maybe late morning) we were given a detailed description of the city, things to see, and offered an amazing breakfast. We explored the city for a couple of days, and had a great time. It's an easy walk to everywhere you want to go. Certain parts of the area can feel a bit dodgy, and more than once locals told us the area was closed to try and get you to leave, but if you're confident enough and keep walking, everything is fine. That just seems to be how things are in Marrakech.

The amazing thing about the Riad is the service. The staff is very attentive, you never need to ask for anything, its just provided to you when you need it. The staff is available 24 hours a day, and we were the only guests in the Riad at the time. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
11 Thank JonathanMLondon
Laurent O, Gérant at Riad Al Badia, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear Sir,
I thank you for this lovely review, Mostapha and the all team join me to express you our heartfelt gratitude for your stay at Riad Al Badia. It has been a pure delight receiving you these few days. Your understanding of Marrakech, this great theater, where people love being chicky and have fun… People are talking to you and are playing with you, they are friendly and if you enter this theater, that can be good fun. Confidence is probably good, but much more, a great sense of humor is required ! Thank you for everything you gave us and we all hope to see you again in a not too far future… Take good care of both of you.
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

The biggest positive at this hotel is the staff. Laurent and his team are so friendly and helpful you feel that you are staying with friends however they were never intrusive. This service included a great welcome from Mustafa who showed us all the places to visit on a map before walking with us to the souks.

The riad is located in a quiet area with its own charm down a couple of alleyways and is a wonderfully calm space. The breakfast and room were also excellent and we would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting marrakech.

Paul, Michelle & Emma

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Location
9 Thank PaulHhh
Laurent O, Gérant at Riad Al Badia, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Sir,
I thank you for this lovely review. Mostapha and his all team join me to express you our heartfelt gratitude for having booked Riad Al Badia for your stay in Marrakech. It has been very pleasant meeting you and your small family, and a true delight having you these few days at the Riad. We will keep a very “enthusiastic” souvenir of your stay with us and we all hope to see you again in a not too far future. Thank you again for everything you gave us and take good care of all of you.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stayed at Riad Al Badia in December 2012 and found the Riad to be fantastically welcoming, wonderfully charming and tastefully decorated.

The staff all went out of their way to ensure our stay was comfortable and perfect, from helping us get our bearings, to booking restaurants and allowing us the space to relax and enjoy the view and our surroundings.

We stayed up on the roof terrace and our room was excellent, so spacious, comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was sublime, locally sourced and it gave us a real taste for the region.

I have recommended this Riad to friends and family and would certainly stay again should we visit Marrakech in the future.

Room Tip: The roof terrace was brilliant for the space and sun loungers
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
8 Thank Mrkdab85
Laurent O, Gérant at Riad Al Badia, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Sir,
I thank you for this lovely review, we are all absolutely astonished that you still remember us and Riad Al Badia more that one and half year ago, better late than never !! We did not forget you either. You stayed in the standard room, on 2nd floor of the Riad, directly on the terrace, this category is the smallest category at Riad Al Badia. We then have the Superior double room, the intermediate category and then the Junior Suite the largest category. We are all very grateful for yout stay at Riad Al Badia and this lovely review, we all hope that you are both well and we all hope to see you again in a not too far future. Thank you again for your kindness in writing this review and take good care of both of you.