This riad is beyond good, it is exceptional.
The service from all the staff was 5 star. From the initial greeting where they sit you down with mint tea and go through how to orientate yourself in the maze that is the medina, recommend good restaurants (which were fantastic) and the must-see sights, to a tour of the riad.
The riad itself looks to be in a shabby side street and distinctly dishevelled from the outside. Once you step inside though, you enter an oasis of calm. It's warm at night when it was cool and cool during the day when the sun was baking. The atrium is very tastefully decorated with a little ornamental plunge pool and lovely columns. The breakfast room is elegant as is the rooftop terrace and sun deck.
Our room was spacious, well lit, with a safe and a lovely ensuite with its own little corridor. Shower was powerful and hot.
Breakfast was filling with lots of breads/pancakes, yoghurt, mint tea, coffee, orange juice and my personal favourite - fig jam.
For all its fantastic facilities and design, the real clincher in this riad is the staff.
Laurent, the manager, has clearly and obviously brought high-end French hospitality to this riad in North Africa.
All the staff were very friendly, helpful and interested but in that uniquely perfect French blend of being attentive but not in your face.
Little things really made a big impression on us:
- Ahmed taking us to the first main square from the riad to show us the route through the maze of side streets
- At the end of our stay, filling in our departure cards for us, all ready to slip into our passports.
In one word - exceptional.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Al Badia is located in the southern part of the Medina, in the district of Berrima, the district of the storks and the palaces. Riad Al Badia offers six rooms of three different categories, a lounge, a dining room, a patio with refreshing bassin -swimming pool and two terraces. Riad Al Badia offers a Moroccan experience through its hospitality, the opportunity to discover our oriental culture, our traditional and fresh home-made Moroccan cuisine at «La Table Al Badia» but also the traditional Moroccan materials, such as bejmat, zellij or tadelakt used in the decoration of Riad Al Badia and finally, we do provide a daily assistance to let you apprehend Marrakech and Southern of Morocco. Staying at Riad Al Badia is to discover and to experience the genuine Morocco where the "Tailor-Made" service is our daily philosophy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Riad Al Badia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Al Badia Hotel Marrakech