“The Best of All Worlds....”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Peacock Pavilions

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Peacock Pavilions
Ranked #85 of 1,130 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“The Best of All Worlds....”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The wide eyed wonder of the amazing place... It is hard to call Peacock Pavilions a hotel because the owners and staff make their guests feel right at home, almost like you are their new BFF!!! The attention to detail is amazing; the decor, a cultural infusion of gems from all over the globe, sumptuous organic meals, with the bread baked daily by local bakers, and a "spa" pool and work out facility for those who can't totally abandon their routines. I normally travel with my own assortment of posh toiletries, but here I couldn't wait to shower every morning so I could bathe myself in their orange blossom body wash/shampoo. Luckily, I found a pale imitation at the airport on my way home! It is difficult to describe how your senses are awakened here--a mix of Lawrence of Arabia meets Architectural Digest, meets Saveur Magazine. There is something very magical about this place, perhaps it is because it is situated on an of olive grove. No doubt in my mind, I will be back very soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Pamela S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Honestly, I can hardly find words to express how much I loved my time at Peacock Pavilions. This romantic oasis of impeccable design, delicious food, and gracious hospitality was the perfect place to celebrate my 40th birthday with dear friends and colleagues! I had high expectations for this quaint hotel, and it exceeded them all. I'm so grateful for Maryam and her staff that worked so hard to make sure my group had the most magical experience possible. I highly recommend watching Casablanca in the outdoor theater under the stars after a cocktail party by the pool. I think anyone who stays here will keep dreaming of when they can return again. I know I am.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is my fourth time staying at Peacock Pavilions and it's always a pleasure each time I get to visit! It always feels like you're part family, part king/queen when you stay here - from the warmth of the hospitality to the smallest detail taken care of for you. This September's stay with the group from EAT.PRAY.MOVE Yoga Retreats was such an enjoyable time - from hours just lounging by the pool being served Moroccan mint tea and fresh cookies - to amazing dinners in the magical dining tent. Yoga in the mornings and evenings looking at the sunrise/set in the olive grove was always such a nice experience. Plus, the staff is beyond helpful in making sure needs are met, plans are running smoothly, and guests are always smiling! I can't wait to go back (which I'm already planning to 3 times in 2013!)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Peacock Pavilions is a beautiful setting in which to experience the mystical culture of Marrakech. This location is respectful and welcoming of the city it is located in - so you feel very immersed in "local flavor." It's wonderful to be surrounded by the natural beauty of the property and given local foods to enjoy as you take in the delicious scents of fresh herbs and flowers all around. I was struck by how exotic, yet primitive, and how decadent, yet earthy, Marrakech was...and I believe Peacock Pavilion brought all of that to life for me. Everyone there was incredibly friendly and helpful...it was like being with extended family (minus family drama of course). I was there for a yoga retreat - but plan to bring my husband back to this magical place for a getaway next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs with terrace attached for a lovely view of whole property. Stay in above gr...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Swati123456
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I started our Marrakech adventure with three relaxing days at this serene hotel before embarking on the bustling medina. We enjoyed every minute from the delicious poolside meals to the gorgeous decor. The staff was friendly, trust-worthy, and a pleasure to be around. The owners were always within earshot for advice, help planning day trips, or a refreshing cocktail. We will definitely be visiting again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Rowland Heights, California
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Peacock Pavillions is a beautiful, peaceful place. I was there for a yoga retreat and it was the perfect setting. The service is impeccable and the food is amazing! The rooms are clean, beautifully decorated and comfortable. It is a guesthouse with full of warmth and hospitality. I highly recommend this wonderful place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Sydney
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We had an amazing 10 days at Peacock Pavilions. I had wanted to stay there for some years and from the moment we arrived it was perfection - every detail! The high atlas mountains were in full view from our gorgeous bedroom. Everything was beautiful. Chris and Stephanie were so helpful organising everything for us, from drivers, to shopping, to the hamman - an experience not to be missed! Restaurant suggestions, mobile phone, nothing was too much trouble. We had some fantastic meals cooked at the pavilion and also the outdoor movie experience! I had a lovely chat to Maryam about her amazing collections of beautiful things! It was truly one of the best holidays ever. I would visit again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple