New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“A Magical Marrakech Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Peacock Pavilions

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Peacock Pavilions
You added Peacock Pavilions to your Saves list
Ranked #88 of 1,171 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas, United States
“A Magical Marrakech Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Honestly, I can hardly find words to express how much I loved my time at Peacock Pavilions. This romantic oasis of impeccable design, delicious food, and gracious hospitality was the perfect place to celebrate my 40th birthday with dear friends and colleagues! I had high expectations for this quaint hotel, and it exceeded them all. I'm so grateful for Maryam and her staff that worked so hard to make sure my group had the most magical experience possible. I highly recommend watching Casablanca in the outdoor theater under the stars after a cocktail party by the pool. I think anyone who stays here will keep dreaming of when they can return again. I know I am.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is my fourth time staying at Peacock Pavilions and it's always a pleasure each time I get to visit! It always feels like you're part family, part king/queen when you stay here - from the warmth of the hospitality to the smallest detail taken care of for you. This September's stay with the group from EAT.PRAY.MOVE Yoga Retreats was such an enjoyable time - from hours just lounging by the pool being served Moroccan mint tea and fresh cookies - to amazing dinners in the magical dining tent. Yoga in the mornings and evenings looking at the sunrise/set in the olive grove was always such a nice experience. Plus, the staff is beyond helpful in making sure needs are met, plans are running smoothly, and guests are always smiling! I can't wait to go back (which I'm already planning to 3 times in 2013!)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Peacock Pavilions is a beautiful setting in which to experience the mystical culture of Marrakech. This location is respectful and welcoming of the city it is located in - so you feel very immersed in "local flavor." It's wonderful to be surrounded by the natural beauty of the property and given local foods to enjoy as you take in the delicious scents of fresh herbs and flowers all around. I was struck by how exotic, yet primitive, and how decadent, yet earthy, Marrakech was...and I believe Peacock Pavilion brought all of that to life for me. Everyone there was incredibly friendly and helpful...it was like being with extended family (minus family drama of course). I was there for a yoga retreat - but plan to bring my husband back to this magical place for a getaway next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upstairs with terrace attached for a lovely view of whole property. Stay in above gr...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Swati123456
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I started our Marrakech adventure with three relaxing days at this serene hotel before embarking on the bustling medina. We enjoyed every minute from the delicious poolside meals to the gorgeous decor. The staff was friendly, trust-worthy, and a pleasure to be around. The owners were always within earshot for advice, help planning day trips, or a refreshing cocktail. We will definitely be visiting again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Rowland Heights, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Peacock Pavillions is a beautiful, peaceful place. I was there for a yoga retreat and it was the perfect setting. The service is impeccable and the food is amazing! The rooms are clean, beautifully decorated and comfortable. It is a guesthouse with full of warmth and hospitality. I highly recommend this wonderful place.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We had an amazing 10 days at Peacock Pavilions. I had wanted to stay there for some years and from the moment we arrived it was perfection - every detail! The high atlas mountains were in full view from our gorgeous bedroom. Everything was beautiful. Chris and Stephanie were so helpful organising everything for us, from drivers, to shopping, to the hamman - an experience not to be missed! Restaurant suggestions, mobile phone, nothing was too much trouble. We had some fantastic meals cooked at the pavilion and also the outdoor movie experience! I had a lovely chat to Maryam about her amazing collections of beautiful things! It was truly one of the best holidays ever. I would visit again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I have dreamed of the opportunity to stay at Peacock Pavilions for many years; since I started reading Maryam's blog - MyMarrakesh. (The ONLY blog I have ever read; and I'm religious in my reading.) This was a mother/son trip - my son just turned 13. We both feel it was the best trip we have ever taken and we credit the staff for our feelings.

Beautiful, eclectic, filled with charm, relaxing, comfort, comfort, comfort! The food - well, it's out of this world! Everything is fresh.

Chris & Stephanie arranged everything from my henna, to day trips. I felt like we were the only guests - the service was the best! And the chance to chat one on one with Maryam - wow! How many dreams can come true in one week - more than I can count.

If you want a very special vacation - this is it! Peacock Pavilions.

Room Tip: Each room is individually unique and fabulous! While there is no spa at Peacock Pavilions - they su...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Pamela B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marrakech
El Fenn
Al Fassia Aguedal
Al Fassia Aguedal
#82 of 504 in Marrakech
5.0 of 5 stars 350 reviews

Been to Peacock Pavilions? Share your experiences!