“Loved!”
Review of Peacock Pavilions

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Peacock Pavilions
Ranked #109 of 1,170 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 17, 2011

I am reluctant to share this amazing place with other travelers...but it is a must stay while in Marrakesh. I will never forget my in-room fireplace roaring as I sipped wine after my first trip into the medina. Peacock Pavilions is truly a calming refuge, stylishly decorated complete with incredible attention to detail. I loved the decor and grounds. The food was some of the best we had on our entire trip. It felt as if we were in our fantasy vacation home...private and luxurious, hip and cool, romantic and inspiring...I could go on and on. Maryam and Chris are wonderful hosts and make you feel as if you are friends. Hope to be back soon.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fitzcee

Reviewed December 12, 2011

This was the second time I've visited Peacock Pavilions and it exceeded my expectations! My husband and I came here for the last leg of our honeymoon and it was such a special, romantic experience. Every detail was magical and it is such a beautiful, restful place. Chris and Maryam make their guests truly feel like part of their family. Hoping to make this a yearly tradition!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2011

I had read Maryam's blog before I arrived -- in fact that's how I knew I wanted to stay at Peacock Pavilions. There home and the pavilions are exquisite, and I knew from Maryam's writings that they were smart, funny, and would be lovely hosts.
All of my expectations at PP were met -- and then exceeded. The room I was in was beautiful, and became a sanctuary for me. I was there partly to work, and found the room and grounds so conducive to work. The food was beyond amazing -- healthy, fresh, and delicious.
Chris and Maryam help me sort out things to do, guides, and taxis. And they were willing to talk and show me around their home -- and the stories of their travels. I was traveling alone, and found myself feeling surrounded nearby by an extraordinary family.
Huge highlights beyond the food and stunning room was watching a Hitchcock movie in their outdoor theater. With the stars above, a roaring fire, and popcorn -- it was truly a holiday.
I would recommend, and go back in a heartbeat!
NIna
London, England and Casper, Wyoming

Room Tip: I love the Golden Gazelles Room, or any room in the Atlas Pavilion!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank ninawyo
Reviewed November 21, 2011

This is the kind of place that you would like to keep to yourself.
It was all & more than we expected. Wonderful property, beautiful styling, inspiring people, lovely food & great service.
The hosts are great and so relaxed with children.
This was... well what was it...a heaven.

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2011

I had the opportunity to come to Peacock Pavilions recently and leave a part of me there. I came to this Magical place with another wonderful artist - Melanie Royal as well as six other fantastic people who are also all great decorative artists.
I cannot say enough about how we were treated. Maryam and Chris made the trip so special, yes we were there to work but loved every minute of it. We were welcomed in as family and treated as such. From the wonderful Food, the accommodations...each with it's own style, to the planning that went into place to give us a truly magical experience. This was a once in a lifetime experience, one which I will never forget.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 25, 2011

In September, 2011, I made my first journey to Africa. I went with a small group of likeminded strangers to Marrakech, Morocco. The purpose of the trip was a relaxing week of Yoga and Meditation.

Had we not stayed at Peacock Pavilions, I doubt this would have been such a magical experience. From the moment I was met at the airport, I felt more safe and secure than I can remember on any other trip. Arriving at my “home” for the next week was exactly that: my home. The accommodations were beautiful. The service was wonderful. The feeling of family and good friends surrounded us. Instead of being in a hotel, with the usual hotel culture, I was able to experience a true Moroccan lifestyle, including delicious food served on a delightful porch near the beautiful pool during the day and in a picturesque tent in the evening.

The activities arranged and/or suggested were fabulous: walking around in the walled old city with shopping galore, going on a day trip to a “beach town” including riding a camel. (I fantasized being Lawrence of Arabia.) and dining in exceptional Marrakech restaurants. We received henna treatments and spent an afternoon at a spa. Of course, there was yoga and meditation every day, too.

I would highly recommend Peacock Pavilions to any small group, regardless of age or purpose. It’s impossible to stay there and not rave about it upon returning home.

Bonnie Devine
October 25, 2011
Bonster211@verizon.net

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I am now (sadly) back from another group adventure to Peacock Pavilions, and missing the beauty, the ambiance, the stellar service, the FOOD and much more. This was my 4th time to PP with a group of American decorative painters and it's always such a delight to return to this special place in a magical country. You will find the best of everything at PP, and I hope to return again and again....

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends