“Pure Magic!”
Review of Peacock Pavilions

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Peacock Pavilions
Ranked #114 of 1,185 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 25, 2011

In September, 2011, I made my first journey to Africa. I went with a small group of likeminded strangers to Marrakech, Morocco. The purpose of the trip was a relaxing week of Yoga and Meditation.

Had we not stayed at Peacock Pavilions, I doubt this would have been such a magical experience. From the moment I was met at the airport, I felt more safe and secure than I can remember on any other trip. Arriving at my “home” for the next week was exactly that: my home. The accommodations were beautiful. The service was wonderful. The feeling of family and good friends surrounded us. Instead of being in a hotel, with the usual hotel culture, I was able to experience a true Moroccan lifestyle, including delicious food served on a delightful porch near the beautiful pool during the day and in a picturesque tent in the evening.

The activities arranged and/or suggested were fabulous: walking around in the walled old city with shopping galore, going on a day trip to a “beach town” including riding a camel. (I fantasized being Lawrence of Arabia.) and dining in exceptional Marrakech restaurants. We received henna treatments and spent an afternoon at a spa. Of course, there was yoga and meditation every day, too.

I would highly recommend Peacock Pavilions to any small group, regardless of age or purpose. It’s impossible to stay there and not rave about it upon returning home.

Bonnie Devine
October 25, 2011
Bonster211@verizon.net

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 17, 2011

I am now (sadly) back from another group adventure to Peacock Pavilions, and missing the beauty, the ambiance, the stellar service, the FOOD and much more. This was my 4th time to PP with a group of American decorative painters and it's always such a delight to return to this special place in a magical country. You will find the best of everything at PP, and I hope to return again and again....

Reviewed October 17, 2011

I stayed at Peacock Pavillions as part of a week long painting retreat in October and it was one of the best experiences of my life. The accommodations at Peacock Pavillions are amazingly beautiful and convenient. The property is situated in a picturesque olive grove roughly 10 min. from downtown Merrakesh, close enough to have full access to all downtown has to offer, yet far enough away as to get a nice reprieve from city living. To unwind they have a beautiful outdoor pool, yoga platform, and an outdoor movie area where you can watch the classics under the stars, ie Casablanca. In addition, each guest room is decorated with items hand picked by our stylish hostess with an eye for vintage global goods. No two rooms are alike, each one is gorgeous.
The food is absolutely delicious! We ate tagines and Moroccan salad with fresh locally grown ingredients. Additionally clean bottled drinking water was abundant.
We had superior service our entire stay. Our hosts Chris and Maryam were eager to make us feel safe and comfortable. They arranged airport transfers for us and they were happy to answer our many questions regarding dining, shopping, and sightseeing.
This was my first trip to Morocco and I loved it! Peacock Pavilions helped make it a wonderful experience.

Reviewed October 17, 2011

Had a wonderful stay there Oct 2011' it was very special, every where you look your eye is delighted with the beautiful buildings and the stunning decor, it was built to house their museum worthy collections of objects from Africa.

Then there are the gardens, delightful to stroll through and enjoy the birds and sunshine.

Now the food, it was the best I had on my Moroccan trip, fresh, beautifully served and tasted wonderful. It's prepared with love and you feel it.

Maryam and Chris are so generous of spirit, thanks for a delightful trip. I do hope to be back.

Room Tip: Any room is great.
Reviewed October 16, 2011

Wow! That's the first word that comes to mind when thinking of an experience at Peacock Pavilions. I'm lucky enough to be able to host EAT.PRAY.MOVE Yoga Retreats at this amazingly beautiful location - and really can't say enough about how wonderful the place, the owners, the service, and the entire experience really is.

Everyday oooh's and aaaaahhh's were heard just walking around the property and admiring all the amazing design elements, not to mention the unbelievable food and service that we receive at every meal. You can't ask for a more beautiful stay in Marrakesh with some of the nicest people. All your needs are taken care of here, and how amazing it is to feel like you have your own oasis in the dessert (and just enough away from the crazy bustle of the city)!

Don't miss out on staying here - either just for a vacation, or join us on a future yoga holiday! http://www.eatpraymove.com

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2011

We stayed at Peakcock Pavillions as part of a week-long yoga retreat in September and it was probably one of the most relaxing and invigorating vacations yet. The place is made up of 3 beautifully constructed and decorated villas, all clustered around a cool inviting pool and surrounded by olive groves. The public rooms were feasts for the eyes, an arresting display of eclectic artwork, tapestries, painting, folk art, and more. Our large bedroom had a beautifully painted mural on the wall, a seating area with fireplace, and a rooftop deck with amazing views of the golden landscape all around. The food, which was vegetarian because the organizer of our yoga retreat had requested that, was delicious, with savory vegetable tagines, eggplant crostini, lentil stews, chickpea fritters with yoghurt sauce and delicious fresh baked breads and homemade jams and overflowing mint teas. Chris and Maryam, the talented and warm couple who own the place and live here with their adorable children, made us feel so at home but also gave us lots of space to be on our own. They put together a week of outings that provided just the right amount of exploration we were craving: A tour of the ornate palaces and madrasses of central Marrakesh, a tour of the souks where great bargains on all kinds of interesting antique textiles and artifacts could be bargained for, a side trip to the seaside town of Essouaira, where we went for a memorable camel ride on the beach… All balanced out by plenty of time lounging by the lovely pool, watching Casablanca in a outdoor theater, cocktails while we had our hands decorated with henna, and wonderful dinners in the beautifully decorated outdoor dining tent. Note: It is a 15 to 20 minute drive outside of the Medina, so if you are looking for a place right in the middle of things, this is not it. But I found that the rhythm of going into the ultra-stimulating center of town for part of the day, followed by the relaxing retreat back to Peacock Pavillions provided the perfect balance. We came home inspired and refreshed. Can I just say I want to go back right now? You cannot go wrong with this place.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Maryam and Chris pull out all the stops to create an experience that is personal, fun and rejuvenating. The food is absolute perfection and the decor and surroundings a feast for the eyes and the imagination. We stayed there for a week and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. This was our first time to Morocco and our experience left of us desperately wanting to return.

Room Tip: Each of the guest house pavilions is unique and some come with a kitchen. For the weary traveler thi...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple