“The charming & Magical World of Peacock Pavilions” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Peacock Pavilions

Peacock Pavilions
Ranked #91 of 1,170 Marrakech B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“The charming & Magical World of Peacock Pavilions”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

I was very much looking forward to staying at Peacock Pavilions and meeting Maryam. A follower of her blog and a lover of Moroccan design I couldn't have asked for a better destination. Her retreat at peacock pavilions was a dream come true. Being greeted with open arms by all the staff and family, made me feel right at home. As soon as I walked in to the entrance I was mesmerised by the beauty of this place. Beautifully styled by Maryam and designed by her husband Chris, it was a pure haven of charming Luxury. The rooms were exquisite and superbly clean, the pool was a place of pure relaxation, just sitting by the terrace was sublime and just being surrounded by the olive trees in the gardens was very blissful. Maryam was a superb host as lunches and dinners at peacock were memorable. The food was incredible with a unique, delicious menu, every day surprising us with something different. Did I mention the breakfasts? A perfect way to start the day at peacock!
I will never forget my time at PP, how Chris and Maryam and everyone else made us feel so very special and how this truly is a magical place that I hope to return back one day very soon.

Room Tip: All rooms are individually charming!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank AriannaInteriors

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Peacock Pavilions is absolutely amazing. The rooms, service and atmosphere went above and beyond what I had expected. They were welcoming, friendly and accommodating and the grounds were simply beautiful. I wish I could live on this charming olive grove in any of the guest pavilions year round. The sun is hot and the weather is perfect for laying by the pool or reading on a rooftop terrace. The food is delicious and they have the cutest outdoor cinema. I would recommend Peacock Pavilions to everyone!

Room Tip: any room is great
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

I've been following Maryam's blog for a couple of years now and have been inspired by her story and her quest to build a beautiful retreat and fill it with the best of moroccan design. I knew that one day I would visit and now I have!
Maryam is the most gracious of hosts. The retreat is filled with treasures from her travels and the gardens are filled with roses, olive trees, herbs and vegetables for the exquisite meals served. The food was difinitely one of the hightlights. But then again, there were so many! She also has a beautiful family and her guests are welcomed into this desert oasis as if they were old friends.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are individual and beautiful.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Deardesigner
Weston, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

Three days spent in the luxury oasis that is Peacock Pavilions were the highlight of our recent Marrakech trip. I'd read Maryam's blog and was excited to see her B & B, but the Atlas Pavilion, where we stayed, is even more beautiful and spacious in person. Despite the rain, our teens enjoyed exploring the property, shooting photos. Chris, Maryam and the staff were amazingly warm, informative and helpful. Food was amazing. We had lunch one day, plus a fantastic Moroccan feast in the big outdoor tent, followed by a movie screening under the full moon. The driver, guides and tours arranged by Peacock Pavilions were super. So nice to return to our enormous suite with living room, dining area, 2 bedrooms and luxury baths plus roof garden after a day negotiating the bustling medina. We'll be back. Plus, I bought a gorgeous Berber wedding blanket from Maryam to remind me of our magical stay. Please note: it is not in the medina. It is a 20 minute car ride to the medina and you will need to hire a driver or taxi whenever you want to go somewhere.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

I have been a reader of Maryam's blog, My Marrakech, for years and have followed the creation of Peacock Pavilions over the past few years. Traveling to Morocco and esp. Maarakech has been a lifetime goal of my husband's. Our stay at Peacock Pavilions became a dream come true. We were in Morocco from February 19th to 15thand to be there during this amazing, historic time in North Africa, only added to our experience. We were so impressed with the stability, kindness and generosityy of the Moroccan people. At the Pavilion, Chris and Maryam and their wonderful staff looked after our every need and spoiled us completly. When we arrived, much later than anticipated, a delightful lunch was prepared and waiting fo us, and as we relaxed over our meal on the veranda, we felt as if we had come home. Every meal we ate at the Pavilions was delicious and a feast for both our eyes and our stomachs. We stayed in the Atlas Pavilion and luxeriated in our beautifully decorated and comfortable suite which connected to a great room and a rooftop terrace. Every room was filled with amazing art and anthropological artifacts collected lovingly from around the world. For us, the best part of our visit were the hours of stimulating conversation we shared with Maryam and Chris... We feel that we have made friendships that will last a lifetime.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gianna1
Greater Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

We rented this property for 8 days to host a decorating/creativity workshop where 10 ladies flew in to shop, eat and learn and this was the PERFECT place for our getaway. Mornings started off with a fresh and healthy breakfast, we had excellent transportation by van to the center of Marrakesh which took about 20-30 minutes to reach, and the interiors of the property itself was decorated so beautifully. The swimming pool area was a bonus and quite lovely, too. We also enjoyed a film in their outdoor movie theater around a fire under a blanket of stars. I loved being out of the hustle bustle of Marrakesh in this private oasis, and I felt safe, welcome and at home in this beautiful property.

If you are thinking of hosting a retreat, this is the PERFECT place to do it. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2010

If you are visiting Morocco and desire a break from the action-packed, "spicy carnival" of Marrakesh, Peacock Pavilions may be the ultimate refuge. Nestled in an ancient olive grove, you will find an oasis of style and luxury. Your hosts Chris and Maryam have created a venue that is all at once magical, exotic, inspiring and warm. You may arrive a foreigner, but you will leave feeling as if you are family. Also interesting to note: this estate produces one of the finest olive oils I have ever had. Travel during harvest season and you may just get a chance to pitch in! I hope to return one day with my son and do just that!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business