“Highest Recommendation!”
Review of Riad Kheirredine

Riad Kheirredine
Ranked #2 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We were a family of 4 travelling in Morocco, and Riad Kheirredine was our first stop. It is a beautifully designed & serene riad a 10 minute walk from the souks. While you give up that central proximity, the value is that you get to experience the quieter, non-touristy parts of the old medina, and the riad makes it very easy for you to navigate. They give you a local cell phone pre-programmed with their number to use during your stay, and walk you to/from your destinations if needed (though we were excited to learn to navigate on our own, and felt really accomplished when we did). Valentina, Yajaira, Youssef, Brahim, and all the staff took such good care of us, it was hard to say goodbye to them. When the airline lost one of our bags, they took the time to help us call & track it down. No request was ever too much, and they were exceedingly kind & helpful with directions, recommendations and information about our surroundings. Breakfast & dinner in their dining room was delicious & cozy, and their rooftop terrace with spectacular views was a favorite late afternoon spot. We stayed in the 3-level Jasmine Suite, which was perfect for families - Master bedroom on top, kids in the middle, and bathroom downstairs. We will miss everyone at the Kheirredine! xx

Room Tip: Jasmine Suite was great for a family of 4.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank A H
riadkheirredine, Manager at Riad Kheirredine, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2016

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience of Riad Kherredine with the Tripadvisor community.

We are really pleased to read your feedback. Positive remarks such as yours are most important and useful for us. They have been of course forwarded to all team members concerned.

There are newer reviews for Riad Kheirredine

Reviewed January 6, 2014

In a luxury hotel market dominated by a few big chains Riad Kheirredine shows that luxury doesn't have to mean boring conformity.

Everything about the place is outstanding: comfort, care, food, drinks, location, I could rave on...and on.

What really makes Riad Kheirredine so different is its standard of service: everything is done with warmth, professionalism and care. We would like to thank Valentina, the joint GM, and her team for making our stay so memorable. Bravo!

Room Tip: Book early as it is VERY popular.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

The Riad is located in the northern part of the Medina, the old city of Marrakesh, about 20 minutes walk from the main square. Getting there takes you straight into the Marrakesh experience. The taxi has to stop at a small square about five minutes from the Riad. For 15 euros the hotel arranged a transfer from the airport and a member of staff met us at there. Immediately you are in the characteristic red-stone walkways of the medina, along with the local people, the frenetic mopeds and the plodding donkeys. Once past the front door, the Riad feels like an oasis, beautifully calm and clean. There is a central courtyard with a small swimming pool, surrounded by the rooms with the terrace at the top. On arrival we were offered refreshments and then the staff took great care to ensure we understood everything we needed to know. As other visitors have mentioned, they provided us with a mobile phone that we could call at any time if needed from anywhere. Although we never did need this, it was very reassuring. The first time we left the Riad a member of staff went with us to make sure we knew the way, and no doubt would have come again or met us somewhere if we had ever needed it. The rooms are very Moroccan and characterful, clean and agreeable with good firm beds and good standard shower rooms. We were there for three nights in January, and the heating kept the rooms warm. The terrace is a real treat, with views across the skyline of Marrakesh to the mountains beyond, and nice white sofa-style furniture to sit or lie on. One can have breakfast there as well, or in a dining room by the courtyard, which we did as the air was fresh on January mornings. There is water in the mini-bar, and hot drinks available at any time, all included in the price. We really enjoyed the mint tea or coffee and Moroccan biscuits we received after coming back from our excursions. The staff helped us find and book a day trip into the Atlas mountains and made sure we got what we were looking for at a fair price. On our last day we were not leaving until late afternoon. We were not only made welcome to stay until then at no extra cost but were even upgraded to a larger room for the last night and day. The friendly helpfulness of the service provided by the staff was outstanding. That and the character of the Riad made for a super mini-break and a great experience of Marrakesh and the Atlas mountains.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ptwh

Reviewed January 2, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Riad Kheirredine during our recent holiday to Marrakech.

Beyond the beautiful decor, cozy rooms and calming nature of the Riad itself, the staff simply made our holiday in Morocco a fantastic experience.

It was hands down the best level of service we have ever experienced at a hotel. From the moment you wake up in the morning, to the time you go to bed, the staff at Riad Kheirredine is there to provide you with whatever you need to make you feel 100% at home. My wife and I left feeling that we were part of their family.

2  Thank Ian D

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I stayed at Riad Kheirredine for 4 days just before Christmas. I was traveling alone and it was my first time in Morocco so I had no idea what to expect. I chose the riad from doing Google search and I thought the reviews might be overly generous but I didn't have any other way to judge so I went with it. As I was making arrangements the staff was very helpful in offering airport transportation and assistance with day trips and other needs. When I arrived in Marrekech, I was greeted at the airport exactly as promised and driven to the riad. Once there, Youssef met me at the gate of the Medina with someone to help with my luggage. I was greeted by the hotel staff with mint tea and a hand towels, and realized immediately that I couldn't have made a better choice. The hotel, and particularly my room, were warm, beautiful and calm -- which is saying a lot in Marrakech. But beyond the beauty and sophistication of the place, I was most impressed by the staff and the attention they paid to me and my needs. I was given a cell phone with everyone's number to use during my stay, and whenever I used it to call the hotel staff answered to assist. I asked the staff to help arrange for a day trip to Assoauria. Not only did they book the ticket, but when I asked for directions to the bus station on the morning of my trip, the staff had already arranged for the hotel's driver to drive me to the bus station. And during my stay in Assoauria, Youssef called to make sure I had arrived and that everything was ok. When I asked for food, it was served (beautifully) either in my room or on the beautiful rooftop terraces. Marrakech was amazing and hectic, but whenever I was at Riad Kherridine I felt soothed and comfortable. There were days when I had to talk myself into leaving the hotel. I could go on, but my advice would be to simply choose the riad Kherredine for a wonderful stay in the Medina.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank DerrickCharles

Reviewed December 18, 2013

The riad is absolutely beautiful. We were in the amber room, a spacious and finely decorated room almost at the top of the riad. Breakfast was fantastic with bread, pancakes and pastries, fresh fruit with natural or fruit yoghurt, eggs and coffee as you like. It was too much!

The staff were so friendly, always trying to help and offering free mint tea every time you came back from the medina; usually tea is accompanied by local biscuits or sweets. The riad organised our transfers and tours, and anything that we needed. I had a slight stomach upset for a couple of days after dinner somewhere else, and the riad provided me boiled potatoes, rice and soup for no extra cost. They even bought some medicine for me.

In order to help you find your way in the medina when you arrive they offer a short tour with Joseph who has an amazing technique to teach you the reference points to and from the riad. After that we didn’t need any extra help. But just in case, the riad gives you a mobile phone that you keep with you all the time. We didn’t need it but it gave us a lot of comfort to know we had it. The phone is just in case you get lost in the maze of the medina or need any help. But generally walking through the medina feels safe.

The location is fine. Once you learn your route it’s easy and you can go to the main square in about 20 minutes or slowly by stopping in each shop! The riad is also close to a parking place so if you are tired you can always take a petit taxi for 30-40 Dirham, get off there.

We had a half day city tour with Sharif; we had so much fun with him. Very funny and he definitively knows about the city and he also shared his views of the Moroccan culture. He also took us through the souks which can be a bit overwhelming.
A highlight of the riad is the top terrace with loungers and a fantastic bed with cushions under a semi shade. We spent a couple of afternoons laying there, feeling the sun and seeing the clouds pass, drinking mint tea. So relaxing.

We had dinner in the riad a couple of times and it is very good (mostly tajines, cous cous and Moroccan cuisine). Not expensive (about 25 euros for a complete dinner). It was a great idea to book this for the first night as you need some time to get used to the medina.

A highly recommended riad.

3  Thank PEmm2013

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Riad Kheirredine is a stunning place to stay. it has a cool and sophisticated courtyard, an amazing roof top terrace and delightful rooms but it is the level of service that sets it apart from other accommodation. Valentina and her staff made us feel like family,nothing was too much trouble and it was a delight to chat to Elena, Josef and all the staff. We had a fabulous meal in the Riad on our first night and breakfast on the roof was a feast not to mention the pleasure of eating outside in the sun with a view of the Atlas mountains.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple