“Great experience of Marrackech”
Review of Riad Kheirredine

Riad Kheirredine
Ranked #3 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“Great experience of Marrackech”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

The Riad is located in the northern part of the Medina, the old city of Marrakesh, about 20 minutes walk from the main square. Getting there takes you straight into the Marrakesh experience. The taxi has to stop at a small square about five minutes from the Riad. For 15 euros the hotel arranged a transfer from the airport and a member of staff met us at there. Immediately you are in the characteristic red-stone walkways of the medina, along with the local people, the frenetic mopeds and the plodding donkeys. Once past the front door, the Riad feels like an oasis, beautifully calm and clean. There is a central courtyard with a small swimming pool, surrounded by the rooms with the terrace at the top. On arrival we were offered refreshments and then the staff took great care to ensure we understood everything we needed to know. As other visitors have mentioned, they provided us with a mobile phone that we could call at any time if needed from anywhere. Although we never did need this, it was very reassuring. The first time we left the Riad a member of staff went with us to make sure we knew the way, and no doubt would have come again or met us somewhere if we had ever needed it. The rooms are very Moroccan and characterful, clean and agreeable with good firm beds and good standard shower rooms. We were there for three nights in January, and the heating kept the rooms warm. The terrace is a real treat, with views across the skyline of Marrakesh to the mountains beyond, and nice white sofa-style furniture to sit or lie on. One can have breakfast there as well, or in a dining room by the courtyard, which we did as the air was fresh on January mornings. There is water in the mini-bar, and hot drinks available at any time, all included in the price. We really enjoyed the mint tea or coffee and Moroccan biscuits we received after coming back from our excursions. The staff helped us find and book a day trip into the Atlas mountains and made sure we got what we were looking for at a fair price. On our last day we were not leaving until late afternoon. We were not only made welcome to stay until then at no extra cost but were even upgraded to a larger room for the last night and day. The friendly helpfulness of the service provided by the staff was outstanding. That and the character of the Riad made for a super mini-break and a great experience of Marrakesh and the Atlas mountains.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ptwh
riadkheirredine, Manager at Riad Kheirredine, responded to this review, September 4, 2016
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience of Riad Kherredine with the Tripadvisor community.

We are really pleased to read your feedback. Positive remarks such as yours are most important and useful for us. They have been of course forwarded to all team members concerned.

Riad Kheirredine Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Finnish first
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Riad Kheirredine during our recent holiday to Marrakech.

Beyond the beautiful decor, cozy rooms and calming nature of the Riad itself, the staff simply made our holiday in Morocco a fantastic experience.

It was hands down the best level of service we have ever experienced at a hotel. From the moment you wake up in the morning, to the time you go to bed, the staff at Riad Kheirredine is there to provide you with whatever you need to make you feel 100% at home. My wife and I left feeling that we were part of their family.

2 Thank Ian D

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I stayed at Riad Kheirredine for 4 days just before Christmas. I was traveling alone and it was my first time in Morocco so I had no idea what to expect. I chose the riad from doing Google search and I thought the reviews might be overly generous but I didn't have any other way to judge so I went with it. As I was making arrangements the staff was very helpful in offering airport transportation and assistance with day trips and other needs. When I arrived in Marrekech, I was greeted at the airport exactly as promised and driven to the riad. Once there, Youssef met me at the gate of the Medina with someone to help with my luggage. I was greeted by the hotel staff with mint tea and a hand towels, and realized immediately that I couldn't have made a better choice. The hotel, and particularly my room, were warm, beautiful and calm -- which is saying a lot in Marrakech. But beyond the beauty and sophistication of the place, I was most impressed by the staff and the attention they paid to me and my needs. I was given a cell phone with everyone's number to use during my stay, and whenever I used it to call the hotel staff answered to assist. I asked the staff to help arrange for a day trip to Assoauria. Not only did they book the ticket, but when I asked for directions to the bus station on the morning of my trip, the staff had already arranged for the hotel's driver to drive me to the bus station. And during my stay in Assoauria, Youssef called to make sure I had arrived and that everything was ok. When I asked for food, it was served (beautifully) either in my room or on the beautiful rooftop terraces. Marrakech was amazing and hectic, but whenever I was at Riad Kherridine I felt soothed and comfortable. There were days when I had to talk myself into leaving the hotel. I could go on, but my advice would be to simply choose the riad Kherredine for a wonderful stay in the Medina.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank DerrickCharles

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 18, 2013

The riad is absolutely beautiful. We were in the amber room, a spacious and finely decorated room almost at the top of the riad. Breakfast was fantastic with bread, pancakes and pastries, fresh fruit with natural or fruit yoghurt, eggs and coffee as you like. It was too much!

The staff were so friendly, always trying to help and offering free mint tea every time you came back from the medina; usually tea is accompanied by local biscuits or sweets. The riad organised our transfers and tours, and anything that we needed. I had a slight stomach upset for a couple of days after dinner somewhere else, and the riad provided me boiled potatoes, rice and soup for no extra cost. They even bought some medicine for me.

In order to help you find your way in the medina when you arrive they offer a short tour with Joseph who has an amazing technique to teach you the reference points to and from the riad. After that we didn’t need any extra help. But just in case, the riad gives you a mobile phone that you keep with you all the time. We didn’t need it but it gave us a lot of comfort to know we had it. The phone is just in case you get lost in the maze of the medina or need any help. But generally walking through the medina feels safe.

The location is fine. Once you learn your route it’s easy and you can go to the main square in about 20 minutes or slowly by stopping in each shop! The riad is also close to a parking place so if you are tired you can always take a petit taxi for 30-40 Dirham, get off there.

We had a half day city tour with Sharif; we had so much fun with him. Very funny and he definitively knows about the city and he also shared his views of the Moroccan culture. He also took us through the souks which can be a bit overwhelming.
A highlight of the riad is the top terrace with loungers and a fantastic bed with cushions under a semi shade. We spent a couple of afternoons laying there, feeling the sun and seeing the clouds pass, drinking mint tea. So relaxing.

We had dinner in the riad a couple of times and it is very good (mostly tajines, cous cous and Moroccan cuisine). Not expensive (about 25 euros for a complete dinner). It was a great idea to book this for the first night as you need some time to get used to the medina.

A highly recommended riad.

3 Thank PEmm2013

Reigate, Surrey uk
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Riad Kheirredine is a stunning place to stay. it has a cool and sophisticated courtyard, an amazing roof top terrace and delightful rooms but it is the level of service that sets it apart from other accommodation. Valentina and her staff made us feel like family,nothing was too much trouble and it was a delight to chat to Elena, Josef and all the staff. We had a fabulous meal in the Riad on our first night and breakfast on the roof was a feast not to mention the pleasure of eating outside in the sun with a view of the Atlas mountains.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I had a long weekend here with my wife for my birthday, as everyone says it is a lovely place to stay and the staff are the most hospitable you are ever likely to find. We had one of the small rooms as that was all that was left but it was beautifully made up, spotlessly clean and absolutely fine for our stay.

We didn't eat in the riad on arrival but went out to eat in the Medina. We had a few meals out and most were average to poor. On the day we were leaving we asked if they could do us a meal before we left for our flight. They happily obliged and it was delicious, really nice home cooked Morrocan food, really fresh, it left us wishing we had eaten in the riad before. It was by far the best meal we had in Marakech. We didn't announce my birthday before our arrival but the staff heard it was my birthday and presented me with a cake whilst we were having a tea in the courtyard.

The riad is located a little away from the hustle and bustle of the Medina and required a 10 minute walk to a taxi stop. It was interesting to walk through the narrow passageways and see some real local Marakech. If I were to visit Marakech again I would have no hesitation in staying here again, home from home.

1 Thank Harrrry

Paris, France
Reviewed December 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I enjoyed the most wonderful stay at the Riad Kheirredine in November 2013. The staff were absolutely fantastic and couldn't do enough to help us - they would accompany us through the maze-like medina whenever we wanted to go out and were all so friendly and welcoming. The riad itself is beautiful and in a great location, about a 5 minute walk from the nearest taxi stop and 15 minutes to the main square. We unfortunately weren't able to use the pool as it was a bit chilly but took full advantage of the roof terrace for breakfast (delicious!) as well as mint tea and pastries in the afternoons. The rooms are beautifully decorated and very quiet.

I really can't recommend this riad highly enough!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple