“An Oasis”

Ranked #2 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Chicago, Illinois
“An Oasis”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I stayed at Riad Kheirredine for 4 days just before Christmas. I was traveling alone and it was my first time in Morocco so I had no idea what to expect. I chose the riad from doing Google search and I thought the reviews might be overly generous but I didn't have any other way to judge so I went with it. As I was making arrangements the staff was very helpful in offering airport transportation and assistance with day trips and other needs. When I arrived in Marrekech, I was greeted at the airport exactly as promised and driven to the riad. Once there, Youssef met me at the gate of the Medina with someone to help with my luggage. I was greeted by the hotel staff with mint tea and a hand towels, and realized immediately that I couldn't have made a better choice. The hotel, and particularly my room, were warm, beautiful and calm -- which is saying a lot in Marrakech. But beyond the beauty and sophistication of the place, I was most impressed by the staff and the attention they paid to me and my needs. I was given a cell phone with everyone's number to use during my stay, and whenever I used it to call the hotel staff answered to assist. I asked the staff to help arrange for a day trip to Assoauria. Not only did they book the ticket, but when I asked for directions to the bus station on the morning of my trip, the staff had already arranged for the hotel's driver to drive me to the bus station. And during my stay in Assoauria, Youssef called to make sure I had arrived and that everything was ok. When I asked for food, it was served (beautifully) either in my room or on the beautiful rooftop terraces. Marrakech was amazing and hectic, but whenever I was at Riad Kherridine I felt soothed and comfortable. There were days when I had to talk myself into leaving the hotel. I could go on, but my advice would be to simply choose the riad Kherredine for a wonderful stay in the Medina.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank DerrickCharles
riadkheirredine, Manager at Riad Kheirredine, responded to this review, September 4, 2016
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience of Riad Kherredine with the Tripadvisor community.

We are really pleased to read your feedback. Positive remarks such as yours are most important and useful for us. They have been of course forwarded to all team members concerned.

Riad Kheirredine Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Finnish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 18, 2013

The riad is absolutely beautiful. We were in the amber room, a spacious and finely decorated room almost at the top of the riad. Breakfast was fantastic with bread, pancakes and pastries, fresh fruit with natural or fruit yoghurt, eggs and coffee as you like. It was too much!

The staff were so friendly, always trying to help and offering free mint tea every time you came back from the medina; usually tea is accompanied by local biscuits or sweets. The riad organised our transfers and tours, and anything that we needed. I had a slight stomach upset for a couple of days after dinner somewhere else, and the riad provided me boiled potatoes, rice and soup for no extra cost. They even bought some medicine for me.

In order to help you find your way in the medina when you arrive they offer a short tour with Joseph who has an amazing technique to teach you the reference points to and from the riad. After that we didn’t need any extra help. But just in case, the riad gives you a mobile phone that you keep with you all the time. We didn’t need it but it gave us a lot of comfort to know we had it. The phone is just in case you get lost in the maze of the medina or need any help. But generally walking through the medina feels safe.

The location is fine. Once you learn your route it’s easy and you can go to the main square in about 20 minutes or slowly by stopping in each shop! The riad is also close to a parking place so if you are tired you can always take a petit taxi for 30-40 Dirham, get off there.

We had a half day city tour with Sharif; we had so much fun with him. Very funny and he definitively knows about the city and he also shared his views of the Moroccan culture. He also took us through the souks which can be a bit overwhelming.
A highlight of the riad is the top terrace with loungers and a fantastic bed with cushions under a semi shade. We spent a couple of afternoons laying there, feeling the sun and seeing the clouds pass, drinking mint tea. So relaxing.

We had dinner in the riad a couple of times and it is very good (mostly tajines, cous cous and Moroccan cuisine). Not expensive (about 25 euros for a complete dinner). It was a great idea to book this for the first night as you need some time to get used to the medina.

A highly recommended riad.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank PEmm2013

Reigate, Surrey uk
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Riad Kheirredine is a stunning place to stay. it has a cool and sophisticated courtyard, an amazing roof top terrace and delightful rooms but it is the level of service that sets it apart from other accommodation. Valentina and her staff made us feel like family,nothing was too much trouble and it was a delight to chat to Elena, Josef and all the staff. We had a fabulous meal in the Riad on our first night and breakfast on the roof was a feast not to mention the pleasure of eating outside in the sun with a view of the Atlas mountains.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I had a long weekend here with my wife for my birthday, as everyone says it is a lovely place to stay and the staff are the most hospitable you are ever likely to find. We had one of the small rooms as that was all that was left but it was beautifully made up, spotlessly clean and absolutely fine for our stay.

We didn't eat in the riad on arrival but went out to eat in the Medina. We had a few meals out and most were average to poor. On the day we were leaving we asked if they could do us a meal before we left for our flight. They happily obliged and it was delicious, really nice home cooked Morrocan food, really fresh, it left us wishing we had eaten in the riad before. It was by far the best meal we had in Marakech. We didn't announce my birthday before our arrival but the staff heard it was my birthday and presented me with a cake whilst we were having a tea in the courtyard.

The riad is located a little away from the hustle and bustle of the Medina and required a 10 minute walk to a taxi stop. It was interesting to walk through the narrow passageways and see some real local Marakech. If I were to visit Marakech again I would have no hesitation in staying here again, home from home.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Harrrry

Paris, France
Reviewed December 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I enjoyed the most wonderful stay at the Riad Kheirredine in November 2013. The staff were absolutely fantastic and couldn't do enough to help us - they would accompany us through the maze-like medina whenever we wanted to go out and were all so friendly and welcoming. The riad itself is beautiful and in a great location, about a 5 minute walk from the nearest taxi stop and 15 minutes to the main square. We unfortunately weren't able to use the pool as it was a bit chilly but took full advantage of the roof terrace for breakfast (delicious!) as well as mint tea and pastries in the afternoons. The rooms are beautifully decorated and very quiet.

I really can't recommend this riad highly enough!

3 Thank Lois T

London
Reviewed December 8, 2013

We stayed in the Eucalyptus room for a long weekend at the end of November 2014. The room was absolutely beautiful and had everything in it we needed including free water (handy to take with you in the morning when you go exploring), fruit, little snacks, toiletries etc. The bed was probably the biggest and most comfortable bed we had ever slept in and having a turndown service made it all that more special. We had the full traditional dinner in the riad on the first night we arrived, which was the best meal we had the whole time we were there - lovingly prepared, beautifully presented and totally yummy. The breakfasts were big and tasty and there was lots to choose from. The location of the riad was tricky but Youssef who worked for the hotel walked you to the Jamaa el Fna square and drilled the way back into you - we came back usually after dark and did not get lost even once. He was a great guide and gave us invaluable local advice.
Overall, we had the most fantastic stay - all the staff were great and did everything to make you feel welcome - we are already booking another trip when it's a bit warmer in May!

2 Thank avv24

Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed December 7, 2013

We stayed here for the first part of our honeymoon and cannot say enough good things about Riad Kheirredine. The service was outstanding, by far the most accommodating of any hotel in which I ever stayed. All of the staff were extremely helpful, polite, and professional, but also very warm and welcoming. Our first night we had dinner on the rooftop of the riad and it was the most wonderful experience- I highly recommend it! The food was excellent and plentiful and the view and atmosphere was incredible. The riad was especial delightful to come back to after a hectic day in Marrakesh because it was so clean and calm. Also, the phone was very helpful and Ishmail was a great guide. Just all around 5 stars!

• Stayed May 2013