All reviewsbali roomexceptional hostsrooftop terraceplace to staywonderful cookevery morningbowl of fruitthe main squaremerci beaucoupdrop off pointguest roomsbusy marrakechwalked everywheretucked awaycrepesthe hustle and bustlepeaceful haven
Reviewed June 5, 2017

I've traveled to countless places and hotels and honestly my stay at Riad Dar Oulhoum was truly the best. First off this Riad on the northern side of the Medina is decorated tastefully and magically almost like how I would imagine someone who has a keen eye and who has traveled the world would, every nook and cranny I wanted to explore. Rooms were comfortable quiet and decent size. Breakfast was continental deliciousness and freshness with an option for a cooked eggs if needed. The Medina can be confusing but we walked everywhere from the Riad, no cab needed.

The real reason on choosing this Riad over all others are your hosts, two expats from Paris, Guy and Bruno, what a delight!! They treated us like friends to their home. First day Guy walked us all around the Souk to the square, he did such a great job we cancelled our Souk tour the next day. It also greatly helped on getting your bearings, I understand they offer it to all their guests!! They were informative, funny and educated, I truly want to do better on my French and return to Marrakech and just hang out with these two and drink wine all day!!!

When choosing a place to stay surely location amenities beauty and comfort come into play, but rarely does your hosts exceed beyond cordial friendliness. These two made our Marrakech stay memorable. Merci Beaucoup Guy and Bruno!!!

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2017

My partner and I stayed at Dar Oulhoum for a total of 5 nights. Our experience there was genuinely incredible. Bruno and Guy were amazing hosts and their hospitality and kindness were second to none.

The riad is absolutely stunning; a feeling of grandeur overwhelmed us as soon as we walked into the door. Bruno and Guy have paid so much attention to detail at Dar Oulhoum. The decor inside is gorgeous, from the main foyer to the halls and inside the rooms and bathrooms. In addition to this, our room and bathroom were very clean and spacious.

The location of Dar Oulhoum is very central and within the medina of Marrakech. We felt very safe all around the area and throughout the medina too. Coming back to Dar Oulhoum was very refreshing and tranquil after spend a day in busy Marrakech.

Breakfast was also included and delicious! An assortment of fresh fruits, jams, breads, and omelettes were served daily. Mint tea, snacks, and other beverages were also offered regularly, free of charge!

However, most importantly were the incredible hosts, Bruno and Guy. They were both one of the main reasons our holiday in Morocco was so spectacular. They are so friendly, hospitable, and fun! They took the time to explain sights to us and even walk us to various places so we wouldn't get lost. They also let us leave some of our belongings in the riad while we were away on a desert trip for 3 nights. Our last day in Dar Oulhoum was very emotional and we felt like we were saying goodbye to longtime friends!

If you are trying to decide between Dar Oulhoum and another riad/hotel, I would advise to pick Dar Oulhoum! From our experience there, we had such a great time and can't think of a single fault with our stay.

Thank you so much Bruno and Guy for such an incredible time. We wish you all the best and hope to see you again!

Nick and Sarah

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2017

We had stayed in Riad Dar Oulhoum for 2 nights, I wish I could stay longer, and I will definitely visit Marrakech again and stay there. This is the best experience I had so far with riads, hotels or bnbs. It's a private house with 3 beautiful rooms. The house is so nicely decorated, every piece of furniture and art is so gorgeous I want to bring all of them home.
The host and house keeper are wonderful and super super helpful. They will make you feel like you're at home and they're your family. The riad is very quiet, with a pleasant scent and soothing music. Outside of the Riad is the busy Marrakech life, you can hear the singings from the Mosque outside of the walls near the time of the dawn, but staying inside the riad, I feel so peaceful and relaxed.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank da0da0
Reviewed April 26, 2017

You cannot go to Marrakesh and tell people you have had the full Moroccan experience if you have not done the Ria Dar Oulhoum. Both Guy and Bruno are star hosts that know exactly what it takes to complete your visit. Guy is a very talented tour guide who knows the ins and outs of the Medina. With his assistance you will glide your way through the finer details of the city. Bruno is a great story teller and host. He is a connoisseur of the regions history.

The building itself is lavishly decorated and well situated close to shopping and some the finest restaurants in the city. Your morning breakfast with fresh fruits and baked goods awaits you when you wake up. The grounds are lavishly green and the air is fresh. It is a vacation within a vacation.

Make your visit to Morocco an unforgettable one and spend a well deserved break at the Riad Dar Oulhoum.

Room Tip: There are 3 rooms, all 3 are absolutely gorgeous.
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daniel B
Reviewed April 2, 2017

Fabulous hosts. They could no be more welcoming. Loved chatting with them over a bottle of wine obn arrival. The Riad itself is gorgeous, and an oasis of calm within the hustle and bustle of Marrakech.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel