“Great Accomodation” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #372 of 505 Hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“Great Accomodation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The hotel Accomdation was faultless. Rooms were spacious and lovely. All clean and smells lovely.They had 3 bar areas and one was open till late for music lovers.
Made to order breakfast.The staff were were nice and helpful particularly Hazan. He was one of the high lights of the place.The Hamman & Massage just topped it all up.Wil recommend and stay there again.

Mumi

Room Tip: triple room were lovely and had a massive bath.
1 Thank Mumi J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed at the hotel with four of my friends and it is one of the best hotels to stay in Marakech. The location was great and the hotel was very clean. It had all that I expected from a 4* hotel. Every single one of us enjoyed our stay there. The food was lovely especially the breakfast and the staff were so friendly. Hassan at reception was the most fabulous person we have ever met. He was extremely nice and recommended the best places to visit and the best restaurants. He made our stay a joy and we all have found a friend for life !!!!!!

We had a Spa at the hotel and that was also great and very relaxing.

Will definitely go back to the Renaissance whenever we go back to Marakech.

Amie

Cardiff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

This review is purely based on our experience of the Sky Bar.

We visited the Sky Bar on a recommendation of our tour rep, although I had been to the hotel before, I had not experienced the Sky Bar. On first viewing, all looked promising, beautiful views, pool, sun loungers, outdoor heaters (chilly in Jan!)

We specifically made the journey in a taxi from the other side of town so were looking for a stylish, buzzing bar with good service and drinks (as billed).

We were slightly disappointed that it was pretty much empty so no real atmosphere but thought we'd enjoy ourselves sampling the cocktails anyway. We ordered a mojito and an amaretto sour. The waitresses were not particularly friendly or accommodating so we went to the bar ourselves to order. The mojito arrived and was ok but the amaretto sour tasted and looked like whiskey and coke. We queried this and asked what was in it, the waitress (who had made it!!) had no idea and then told us it was vodka. We informed her that there was no vodka or coke in an amaretto sour and could we change it to just another mojito, which she did, but unhappily.

We ended up a bit fed up in the bar in the 5th floor so ventured upstairs to the sky bar. Again, no atmosphere at all but lovely views. We ordered 2 more cocktails, Cosmopolitans, which were again very very average and to be honest we were getting a bit fed up with paying extortionate prices for very badly made cocktails and rude staff with no knowledge of drinks at all. We persevered though and asked for some shisha to be told there was "no chance" as the "shisha man" had the night off. After this we tried one more average cocktail and decided to leave.

In this day and age, and in such an established hotel with its reputation, and with the prices they charge, I don't believe it's acceptable to receive the awful service that we did and for staff to have so little knowledge of the product they are selling. There were 4 bar staff in an empty bar, get some training done and provide the service that your customers pay the high prices for - that's my advice!! There's no excuse for such bad service and bad drinks in such a high profile bar in a beautiful location. I work in the bar industry and would whip those awful staff into shape in no time!!

• Stayed January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Jocpow

Travelers are raving about these Marrakech hotels

Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

As sure as I was born, I love to travel. I've stayed at many hotels and visited many countries. I love to talk to my friends and family about all of my adventures and give advice to them about where to stay and that to do. That aside, I'm not much of a reviewer. In fact, I can't remember the last time I wrote anything for the pubic to read. However, I feel the need to express my feelings about La Renaissance. Hopefully, my review helps you.

I stayed a this property for five nights in January 2013 and I can safely say that it is one of my most favorite hotels in the world. As soon as I walked in, I felt that I was in a different world away from the hustle and bustle of the busy city and into a place that screamed fun and relaxation at the same time being very modern and welcoming. My room, was beautifully decorated and extremely comfortable to the point where it was almost difficult to leave. The food was spectacular at both of their restaurants. I must admit to feeling spoiled having breakfast with a backdrop of debatably the best view of Marrakech. The staff went out of their way to get to know me from the moment I walked through the door for the first time to the moment I checked out. Never have I felt so welcome at a hotel before. One example of their exceptional staff is Hassan who I always found at the reception area. Hassan was sure to greet me with a smile, a joke and a handshake every time I came back from a long day exploring the beautiful city. I had a great visit to Morocco and La Renaissance was a very big part of it.

The next time I go to Marrakech, I would certainly love call La Renaissance my home...provided that it is not sold out.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank KleeTheTravelMonkey
slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

we have just returned from 1 week stay in the hotel. we enjoyed it a lot and its good value for the money.
we all have to be aware that opinions written here / T.A. reflect how well or not well travelled we are. these facts should be considered objectively.

we enjoyed the service of all the staff. i cannot quote one single comment or complaint.

briefly:
reception: efficent / friendly / reliable / mr Hassan - thank you
la brasserie: friendly /relax athmosfere
breakfast: friendly / attentive
room: clean, noisy for the location, we were aware of it before booking.

1 Thank lan23co
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

My friends and I spent 4 days in this hotel and it was wonderful. The rooms were clean and pleasant, the staff were helpful (especially Hassan) and views from the 6th floor spendid.
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor and although the rooms were by the road side the noise levels weren'...