New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #391 of 511 Hotels in Marrakech
Stevenage
“SKY BAR FLOOR 6”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

I like the top floor of this hotel the bar on floor 6 is worth a visit when the sun is going down and seeing the Marrakech from the 6th floor.
Drinks are ok, slightly expensive. But defo recco to visit when in Marrakech.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank ewakbbc1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Turkish first
Sompting, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

We have just spent 3 nights in an executive room @ the Renaissance for my wife's birthday & would certainly recommend it as a great place to stay, & very central. the decor has a clean, cool retro feel (very 70's chic) with a cubed design & white leather in the rooms & dining areas. The drinks are a little expensive in the amazing Sky Bar, but it is a city so you probably would expect to pay these prices. Rooms are spacious, very well decorated & designed & the bathroom was really smart.The only negative was the fact we were staying mid-week & each night the basement techno disco was annoyingly loud & you could hear it from floor 4 downwards. We are not ones to complain as we have been on "clubbing holidays" but this really didn't fit in with the whole ambience, so i hope the Renaissance can do something about this as every night was like being in a techno nightclub! Apart from that staff were very friendly & helpful, breakfast was really good, especially the Omlette station, the restaurants were quite resonable & good quality & Hassan on the reception desk was excellent & very helpful.

Room Tip: Try a room on the top floors to avoid disco noise
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank gavjax
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

We went to celebrate my 40 th Birthday and after a lot of research, we definitely picked the right hotel,excellent location,really nice staff very freindly if you try a little bit bit of French even if it's only hello,pleas and thank you.
The room was great,food great,pool and sky bar amazing,breakfast was simple but tasty and could not complain about anything.please ask me any questions about taxis,money,shops,food and drink,would love to answer them, and thanks again to la renaissance.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

We did not stay in this hotel, but went for drinks as it was my son's 21st birthday. The first time we went to the sky bar, {fabulous}. Fantastic views and a lovely breeze in this stifling city. the drinks were a bit expensive, but thats what you would expect for a top hotel. The service was good a bit slow, the waitress very polite.
We had a couple of flags a piece 50drms a bottle and a platter of finger food for 2 at 150drms, which consisted of hot spicy chicken, small sausages, various salads and fried prawns, lovely!!. I wanted more but it was a bit too expensive, but nice for a treat.
The day after we visited the ground floor bar, they serve meals as well. It has an outdoor seeting area as well, but can get a bit dusty and noisy. We sat at the bar inside, nice and cool. The same drinks were cheaper than the sky bar at 30drms for a bottle of flag. You pay for the scenery upstairs [worth it] Will be going back again next year. Anybody going to Marrakesh in near future, a must to visit even for only 1 drink. [Take your camera]

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank gr20goody
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

I've never felt compelled to write a review before but I relied upon them so much when looking into booking a hotel in Marrakech I thought I would return the favour to help others.

My wife and I just spent 3 nights in a junior suite at La Renaissance and would happily go back.

I booked with the hotel directly and got a great price, the staff were freindly and helpful.

The hotel arranged the pickup from the airport for us which I would highly recommend, it costs 20euro (200dhm) which is twice what you would pay for a petit taxi but when you land at night and are disorientated it was lovely to have the simplicity.

Check in was smooth and simple, and we sat drinking mint tea whilst forms were filled.

The room was fantastic - bigger, cleaner and better than expected. The bathroom was one of the best I have had and the air conditioning worked well and was silent (always an issue for my wife).

I have read a few reports about the breakfasts and agree that it was not as fresh or as hot as it could have been, that said, I have eaten much worse breakfasts at far more expensive hotels, the service was cheery and quick and the breakfast room and patio a delight.

We didn't eat in the restruant so can't comment on that but we used the rooftop bar which was great (why don't they make more of being the highest building in town?) although the service was bordering on the slow side of relaxed.

As for location we found lots to do and great restruants in the local area (highly recommend Azar) and we walked into town most of the time (one straight road) which was fantastic.

There is a lot more I could say but you get the gist, I was there to have fun, not to review the hotel and for me I couldn't have been happier with it.

The only negatives (and I'm stretching here) there was no clock in the room which is a pet hate of mine, and there were 2 TV's in the room and everytime you changed channel on one TV the other one turned on/off/up/over - we ended up unplugging one.

Room Tip: I didn't see the other rooms but judging from the room plan junior suites are well worth the upg...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Allplayandnowork73
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Where do I start ! No room service as after what ever time they want to say even thought it say 24 hour room service on the email they sent me ! I had to move rooms as the first room had not been cleaned at all , the balcony is filthy dirty u can't sit down without getting dirty ! The bar is a rip off it's cheaper in central London ! If u ask the guy at reception anything you can't get a straight answer they just say they don't know or say ask tommrow or just fob you off ! This place is a joke! Iv never ever made a review but really felt a had to about this place I'm even writing this from the hotel room be warned do not stay here under any circumstances ,its very very bad !

• Stayed September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Marrakech hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Great location of hotel,noise not a distraction from outside or club. Lot of choice of places to eat around and taxi rank outside if needed. Swimming pool small but does the trick. Complimentary juice on arrival and shown around room and luggage late brought up. Guide service was provided paid 400 D. Rather expensive for what we saw, but would not recommend going to souks without guide. Airport transfer
On return, driver dropped in taxi area and we had to take our own luggage in. Seems like he did not want to park and pay a charge but considering we were paying 200 D expected more. P.s housekeeping were really good.

• Stayed August 2012