“very good”

Ranked #6 of 895 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: French, Gastropub, Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: From 28 August 2017 the restaurant will be open on Monday evening and from Tuesday to Saturday, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed June 6, 2014

enjoyed the atmosphere, the food and the service.
Had a steak so nothing difficult but it was all good, I recommend it.

Olivier1202, Propriétaire at L'Annexe, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Thank you for your message and your contribution for " l'Annexe " on Tripadvisor. Olivier BIANCIOTTO

There are newer reviews for L'Annexe

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We had a great meal here last night (4 June 2014) with some new friends. Imaginative menu (I had bone marrow followed by veal tongue) as well as classics. The wine was very reasonably priced, and I have to say that the owner was also lovely, especially since a couple of members of the party became a little loud as the evening wore on!
Everyone had a super time and it's a real pity we're not staying long enough to go again this trip.

Olivier1202, Propriétaire at L'Annexe, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2014

Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

We ate here as a family of six and really enjoyed! I had entrecôte, which was absolutely delicious! Service was great and I would definitely recommend.

1  Thank MrsDopey
Olivier1202, Propriétaire at L'Annexe, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Dined here end of May 2014.

Vary varied menu with a long list of specials.

Foie gras starter was presented beautifully, and was delicious. The portion size was ample for 2 to share.

The small Entrecôte was a good size, but having asked for it to be cooked rare, I found the meat was unevenly cooked, with parts being medium-well at least. The main problem was that my steak was particularly fatty, and I had to leave half of it. My partners was much better; maybe mine was a one off.

The melt in the middle chocolate pudding was wonderfully presented but was cold through. Still very rich and yummy though.

There was only one waiter, who, along with the maître d', served all of the downstairs tables in the fully booked restaurant. Both only spoke in French and were attentive in that they asked us how our meal was. However, we felt ignored when our wine glasses were not topped up once. Also, we weren't offered another bottle when we had finished the first.

After our meal we went out onto the street to find a taxi. Upon noticing our departure, the Maître d' asked if we would write him a trip advisor review instead of asking if we might need help calling a taxi! Cheeky!

Ambiance
The restaurant is situated on a typical Moroccan road; it doesn't look like much from the outside; but inside the ambiance is modern and warm. High ceilings and open windows meant the smokers weren't too much of an issue. Still, the tables were very close together.

The standard of the restaurant is brought down by guests not adhering to the dress code. I was surprised that they allowed for flip flops and shorts; maybe I'm just old fashioned!

I enjoyed the music which was tasteful and up beat. And I very much appreciated the staff only speaking French which really added to the ambiance.

Cleanliness
Spotlessly clean, but would have liked side plates and for crumbs to be scraped away.

Excellent value; surprisingly reasonable wine which was well matched to the food and delicious. Complimentary olives, nuts, popcorn and bread. Meal for 2 with wine and sharing starter and pudding came to £55.

All in all, I would come back here and would bring guests. But it wasn't the fine dining I was expecting.

Olivier1202, Propriétaire at L'Annexe, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Reviewed May 31, 2014

We loved the food here so much that we went back for Lunch, on our first visit when the restaurant was very busy we waited a long time to order but the food was fantastic so we went back for lunch, when the restaurant was less busy the service was great as well. good place to go - possibly not if you are in a rush however!

Olivier1202, Propriétaire at L'Annexe, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014