“Worth the hike!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of L'Annexe

L'Annexe
Ranked #5 of 860 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: French, European, Gastropub
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
The Netherlands
“Worth the hike!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Just got back from an amazing dinner at this restaurant. The food was delicious, the service excellent, and the welcome from the owner was warm and genuine.

Since it was Saturday night, we made a reservation through our riad. It was a bit of a hike from the medina, but well worth it--just make sure to find the location online. Because we had booked late, we ended up at the table by the door (good place for people-watching), but the owner came over immediately to apologize profusely and gave us a lot of attention throughout the evening, including comping several items.

We started with rabbit terrine, fish soup and goat cheese croustade and moved on to two different lamb dishes (both were excellent). The daily special desert (apple tart with ice cream) was perfect. In short, the food was some of the finest we've had in a week in Marrakesh, comparable to or better than any of the other "fine" restaurants in town--and the bill was a lot more modest.

• Visited January 2013

• Arabic first
  • Korean first
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Outstanding food and a cozy atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

A couple from Denmark visiting Marrakech, we wanted an evening with some european food for variation beside all the good local food in Marrakech we had been eating. This little french diner does not look like much from outside, but when you enter a very cozy atmosphere reveals and they make outstanding food. We were spoiled with a starter of avocado and salad, steaks and lamb for main course and chocholate fondant for dessert - at a vary fair price! Besides this - staff was friendly and professional. I warmly recommend any visitors in Marrakech to spend a night on this restaurant :-)

• Visited December 2012
Istanbul, Turkey
“Superb French - Moroccan Fusion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I've been visiting friends in Morocco for the new year and have been spoiled by authentic home cooking for most of my visit. Restaurants like Le Jardin and Terasse des Epices have proved disappointing, so I was skeptical when my host suggested I try L'Annexe with her for the first time. L'Annexe offers superbe food with friendly service for a good price. The French fare with a local twist is done correctly, unlike what is found on offer at so many local establishments. The chef / proprietor let me try a few wines before I settled on one to accompany my meal and prepared a smaller version of one of the menu's salads for me at my request. The restaurant readily accommodated the needs of a child in our party. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone seeking a quality French/Moroccan fusion meal in Marrakesh.

Lancashire
“Unexpected delight in marrakech”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

New Year's Eve and they got us in at the last minute. From entering the place we were welcomed with open arms as well as neck and shoulder massages. The food was a glorious relief from couscous, tagines and chicken skewers. The steaks were magnificent and the truffle and Parmesan risotto out of this world. Monsieur speaks only French but is delightful. Cannot recommend too highly. If you come to Marrakech and don't come to L'Annex then your trip is incomplete.

1 Thank LancashireLowies
Newcastle
“Fantastic food and experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I visited L'annexe on our last night in Marrakech. We found the restaurant from reviews on Tripadvisor. We got slightly lost finding the restaurant but this due to us taking a wrong turning but it was easily rectified.

We hadn't booked but got given a great table. The owner was welcoming and friendly. Fantastic interior - very modern and chic. My husband and I both had the steak for our main courses and it was perhaps the best steak we've ever eaten. It simply melted in your mouth. Served with the steak was your choice of steak (I had peppercorn) and gorgeous chips.

Not usually being one for deserts we decided as it was our last night to have one. My husband had the tiramusu and I had the profitteroles. They were the largest and most tasty profitteroles I've ever eaten (and probably ever will).

I can't recommend L'annexe enough. If you eat here you really won't be disappointed. It's an amazing dining experience.

• Visited December 2012