“Unexpected delight in marrakech” 5 of 5 stars
Review of L'Annexe

L'Annexe
14 Rue Moulay Ali Gueliz | next to the Diwane hotel in gueliz, Marrakech 40000, Morocco
+212 5244-34010
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 759 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: French, European, Steakhouse, Gastropub
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Weekly Closing on Sundays and Mondays. the restaurant is open until 14:00 serving lunch at 22:00 evening service. For the Ramadan 20:30 / 22:30
Lancashire
“Unexpected delight in marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

New Year's Eve and they got us in at the last minute. From entering the place we were welcomed with open arms as well as neck and shoulder massages. The food was a glorious relief from couscous, tagines and chicken skewers. The steaks were magnificent and the truffle and Parmesan risotto out of this world. Monsieur speaks only French but is delightful. Cannot recommend too highly. If you come to Marrakech and don't come to L'Annex then your trip is incomplete.

• 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank LancashireLowies

Newcastle
“Fantastic food and experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I visited L'annexe on our last night in Marrakech. We found the restaurant from reviews on Tripadvisor. We got slightly lost finding the restaurant but this due to us taking a wrong turning but it was easily rectified.

We hadn't booked but got given a great table. The owner was welcoming and friendly. Fantastic interior - very modern and chic. My husband and I both had the steak for our main courses and it was perhaps the best steak we've ever eaten. It simply melted in your mouth. Served with the steak was your choice of steak (I had peppercorn) and gorgeous chips.

Not usually being one for deserts we decided as it was our last night to have one. My husband had the tiramusu and I had the profitteroles. They were the largest and most tasty profitteroles I've ever eaten (and probably ever will).

I can't recommend L'annexe enough. If you eat here you really won't be disappointed. It's an amazing dining experience.

• Visited December 2012
St. Louis, MO
“Absolutely Delightful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is a quaint place with excellent food, wine and service. The restaurant is not located directly on a main street, so when we asked where to go to catch a taxi, the owner asked us to please finish our tea and he would get a taxi for us. To my surprise the owner left the restaurant, got into his car and hailed a cab for us two/three blocks away. In conclusion, you will travel for a long time to find a top quality restaurant like this and at the end of your meal be presented with such a modest bill.

Visited December 2012
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
“Best Steaks EVER......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Sorry for taking so long to write this review!!

My boyfriend and I decided to go here for his birthday (back in october) while we were in Marrakech and had such a wonderful time. The restaurant was a little bit away from our riad but it was definitely worth the visit... So much so, we went back on our last night too!!

The restaurant itself is beautiful with a fantastic ambience, and the staff are friendly, charming and welcoming. The owner Olivier is brilliant and was very good at trying to help us understand the menu despite the language barrier!!

On to the food.... To start I had a Goats curd parcel, with curried apples and raisins... all wrapped up in filo pastry... and came with an enormous salad. Which was to die for!! :)
My boyfriend and I both had steaks for our mains, we chose to have the XL size..... Which really was extra large!!! They were both cooked to perfection.... and were nice and rare! My steak came with a delicious blue cheese sauce which I had to as for more of as it was sooo lovely!! Truely was the best steak I've ever had!!

We had desserts on our second visit rather than our first as we were too full after the first visit! We shared a terrific raspberry sorbet which came laced in alcohol... certainly not for the faint hearted, but very delicious!

I really cannot say enough good things about this restaurant! Food was the best i've had... And the staff are fantastic!! Absolutely fantastic value for money too! We also enjoyed some beautiful wine whilst there, as well as a delicious, bright green, minty liqueur after dinner!!!

Thank you soooo much to Olivier and all the other staff for a fantastic experience. If I am ever back in Marrakech I will certainly come again!!! :)

• Visited October 2012
Marrakech, Morocco
“Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

L'annexe is the perfect place to eat and have fun. The service is great, the food is more that excelent and the restaurant is clean and cosy. We celebrate most of our important events there and the owner has always been there to entertain us and serve us. We highly recomend it to tourists and local.

Cheers , Lots of love from Dubai and Marrakech