WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #40 of 511 Hotels in Marrakech
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Perfect Birthday Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

I had always wanted to visit Marrakech and we booked this hotel as a treat to celebrate my 30th Birthday and I have to say that I enjoyed every moment of our stay. We booked a Mini Suite with private garden and on check in was allocated room 130 which I would say is located perfectly for the pool and the main hotel building. The room was clean, comfy and spacious, with a couple of small sofas and a wet room for showering. Upon our arrival we were seated in the reception area which is modern and comfortable. The staff were attentive without being intrusive and nothing was too much trouble for them. Check in was done by the staff whilst we sat and enjoyed a mint tea. We were shown to our room and it was discovered that our airconditioning was not working - this was not a problem as a member of staff arrived within a few minutes and the problem was fixed. The pool is lovely although a little bit chilly, around the pool there are large double sunloungers with pillows which are very comfortable and there is a drinks service poolside. The food here is a little on the expensive side compared to other restaurants we ate in in Marrakech - however, the food was amazing and worth the money as we could enjoy it in such tranquil surroundings. There is a free shuttle into Marrakech which we used on a few occasions - the driver even gave us a little tour on one of the days. Marrakech is very busy, food in the city is very good and the people are very friendly and welcoming - the Sirayane is a welcome break from the bussle of the city. The photographs that I have seen of this hotel do not really do it justice. This was a very enjoyable stay and I would highly recommend this hotel to people looking to relax and eat nice food with the option to explore Marrakech. I stayed at this hotel with my partner leaving our 3 year old son at home, and although the hotel allows children, I would not say that it is a hotel suitable for children purely down to the fact that there isnt really anything for them to do and they are not catered for food wise, also childen playing and being noisy would probably spoil other peoples enjoyment of this tranquil hotel.

Room Tip: The mini suite with private garden is quiet and located away from the main buliding next to the pool...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Newbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

I took my wife here for a surprise week in September. She only found out the night before we flew to Marrakech. I booked this after a lot of searching and researching on hotels and Riads in Marrakech. I wanted something that would enable us to see some of the sites in Marrakech whilst having the benefit of a swimming pool. A number of Riads in the medina seemed to have pools but mostly either very small and/or hidden in a courtyard away from the sun. This hotel has a lovely pool with wonderful square double sunbeds and a free bus five or six times a day to take you in and out of the centre of Marrakech. Free (and good) WiFi is also an essential for us and aircon in the rooms in case it got too hot (for me). This hotel met all these criteria and with some style. The staff and attentive owner were brilliant and nothing was too much trouble for them. I also had a massage in the Spa which was fantastic. I have had massages in many different places but this is the only place where they leave you for five minutes at the end to allow you to come round in your own time - fantastic given that by that stage in a massage I am pretty much asleep. I could not recommend this place more highly and when we come back to Marrakech we will definitely stay here again

Room Tip: Garden rooms are fantastic
england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I concur with every recent review on this hotel,the staff from the owner Down to cleaners were there to ensure you enjoyed your holiday.on a personal note the owner was extremely kind to my wife,who experienced a tummy bug(this had nothing to do with the hotel ) gardens and pool area very relaxing,good choice at breakfast.

Room Tip: High room in the hotel was a bonus,overlooking pool and gardens,very private
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank springfield35
Reading, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

On Friday I knew I was going to have a weeks holiday and thought I was going to stay at home with a couple of days in Torquay. I whinged and whined to all my staff and made arrangements for meetings so that I could come into work anyway. My major whine was "Well it's not exactly Morocco is it?" How did I not pick up on anything? Everybody seemed normal and I got back home on Friday to a Tony who kept asking me to look on Facebook. I didn't get it as I had blogs to do so it took some persuading. There was a message from our dog (don't ask) telling me he was on holiday and I needed to look under my pillow, there was a book on Morocco and the news that we were going there at 8 am the next day!

I squealed and ran round in circles wasting valuable packing time. Ok then blah blah blah, nice trip, nice country and then we came to the hotel. Oh my it is wonderful. It has been open for a couple of years and we were warmly welcomed into a dark but impressive reception. The whole hotel has been carefully designed in conjunction with the owner who is very present, always a very good sign. Everything is dealt with quickly and efficiently, you are shown around the hotel and then we went to our room. We had a garden room with a private garden, the interesting thing is that the hotel was fully booked (28 rooms, 4 with private pools) yet it felt like there were very few guests because of the excellent design. The main pool was at a lower level with double sun beds around it and staff who saw to all our needs.

The room was perfect, great wifi and what I assumed was a great flat screen etc but we didn't use it as the pool was so inviting. There was a rainhead shower, separate toilet, thick cotton robes and a lovely comfortable bed.

Tony tried out the spa and said it was really good and they did something he has never experienced before which was being left after the massage to come round and wake up.

We saw the owner, Mehdi, nearly every day, this hotel is obviously his passion and it shows. He was friendly without being obtrusive and went out of his way to make sure we had a fantastic stay. There are free shuttle buses into Marrakesh, driven by friendly drivers who give a brief history of what we are passing and advising on what to do when we get into the city.

The breakfast was extensive and my only quibble is that I would have liked a little more choice in the cooked breakfast but when in Morocco you eat Moroccan and the rest was lovely, they even had cucumber juice!

I will be doing a blog on this hotel on http://leilaslocallarder.wordpress.com and have radioed Mehdi for Kennet Radio. The food was great, well cooked with a great selection of local and international food. If I go back to Marrakesh I would go back to this hotel like a shot. I haven't included many photos as there are so many here already, a lot of satisfied customers!

Room Tip: Our garden room was lovely but to be honest I suspect all the rooms would be just as nice, it is inc...
1 Thank leilaferguson
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Hotel Sirayane is the hotel you wish you were checking into.

It is a beautiful, peaceful and tranquil place. It is wonderfully designed and well thought out. The décor and vibe is very sexy and laid back. It is intimate and small, but there are lounge spaces where you can relax in solitude, and the lay out is such that it feels very private.

There is a beautiful pool, a splashing fountain, and pretty flowering gardens. The rooms have lots of amenities, and some have private pools and walled yards. The rose petals strewn in the rooms are so welcoming.

But it is the people who make Hotel Sirayane so special. They are what distinguish this hotel from anywhere else. The owner is on hand to be sure you have whatever you may need. The front desk staff members accomplish everything efficiently and effortlessly. The bar and restaurant staff are friendly and accommodating. The staff are plentiful and there when you need them, but never obtrusive.

The food is delicious. I especially loved the quiche. Breakfast is bountiful.

My partner had a terrible facial trauma injury while we were in Morocco. We just cannot give enough compliments to the entire staff for their care and consideration. Part of our stay she was in bed while I handled the logistics of getting us home for her medical treatment. The owner inquired after her comfort and condition each day. The restaurant staff made her pureed vegetable soup and milkshakes. And the front desk manager performed numerous kindnesses to assist us; we think of him as a treasured friend. Everyone truly went above and beyond for us during our crisis.

You will not need this kind of attention, but know that when you enjoy this lovely hotel on your holiday, you will be well looked after and you will love every minute of being at this wonderful oasis.

Thank-you, Hotel Sirayane!

Room Tip: Splurge for a suite if it is a special occasion. Private pool if a honeymoon.
1 Thank 2tulum
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel - so clean and modern with lovely room service every day with little petals on the bed :) food was great, we even decided to eat a lot in the hotel! Have recommended and will keep recommending. Great pool too!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Sophie-Norris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I booked this hotel specifically for the private pool suites and as a base to explore the city from. We had a lovely time and couldnt have asked for more.
The private pool was in a walled garden so completely private and larger than the usual plunge pools you get even in the Maldives.
Housekeeping tidied our room twice a day, with roses on the bed at night. The hotel as a whole was impeccably clean and well designed. Staff were helpful and friendly and the hotel owner was always about and checked on us to see how our stay was.
Breakfast was good and extensive although one suggestion is to vary it daily to keep guests interested, for example eggs prepared in a different way everyday.
We had a hammam spa which was great and very relaxing - our only qualms were that the skin was not scrubbed vigorously so that all the dead skin was removed like in the traditional hammams, and we paid extra for a foot massage to be included which didnt happen.
There was a free shuttle service to and from the city which ran at very convenient times and would pick us up at exactly the organised time, not a second earlier or later! The drivers were very friendly throughout.
All in all, a lovely stay!! Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2013