WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa

Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa
Ranked #40 of 511 Hotels in Marrakech
Alton, United Kingdom
“A perfect place for a peaceful get-a-way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

we stayed for 4 nights end of august as a treat for our 10th wedding anniversary. we had the private garden room but upgraded to the honeymoon package. This was definately worth the money as we got spa treatments,1 meal, wine and the chance of a room upgrade included. Sadly there wasn't any availability for this - however the hotel was certainly not over crowded, quite the opposite we felt there was plenty of beautiful open space and privacy. The staff (of which there were many) were always available to help with a smile but not intrusive. The rooms were clean and well presented. The food was top notch with plenty of choice. To summarise, don't panic when you look out of the window on the way from the airport, it was definitely an enjoyable break which we have already recommended to our friends - THANKYOU!

Room Tip: the garden style rooms were far more private
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from the 2nd - 9th Sept and all I can say is the review left by 'Zvetlana Z' on the 11th Aug could not be further from the truth! It has clearly been left by somebody trying to sabotage the business as I business owner myself I have also experienced this. The hotel is not far from the town. It is in fact about a 10-15 min drive from the town, made easy by the free hotel shuttle provided by the hotel and the distance makes for a nice escape from the hustle and bustle of the old city. The shuttle comes at regular intervals and its great as its saves you a £10 taxi fair in to the city.

I arrived at the hotel at 11.30pm where I was met by Bader who out of all the staff has the best English. There was a gorgeous traditional sweet peppermint tea and then given a brief tour before being shown to my room.

I stayed in the delux junoir suite with private pool which was just gorgeous...this is a bungalow type house separate from the hotel....the bed was huge and as an insomniac I was more than pleased to have a full 9 hrs of uninterrupted sleep! The bathroom with walk in shower and separate jacuzzi hot tub were amazing! A good selection of toiletries refreshed everyday plus gowns and slippers provided. The suite included 2 large tvs with DVD players which I found nice for when I had spent all day exploring the crazy city to get in to bed and watch a DVD (as I have problems getting to sleep without watching the tv...grrrrrrr). The garden in our suite was a good size, well kept, soooooo quiet with a private pool...the garden is surrounded by a high wall so its completely private. The description by the hotel says its a plunge pool but its not what we would describe as a plunge pool in the uk and is in fact much bigger and suitable for a nice swim. The rooms are cleaned well, normally while I was out at breakfast and then the beds turned down at night on my return to the room.

The menu in the bar/ restaurant and for room service I did feel was a bit limited considering the hotel is in a remote area but I am the worst kind of eater...a very fussy vegetarian! However, after speaking to the owner and staff they were more than obliging to cook whatever I requested for me. The daily breakfast is a great selection of cereals, pastries, fruits, juices, omlettes, susages, etc.

With the room booking I got a free Hammam massage which was just gorgeous! Im not really one for spending time pampering myself due to my busy schedule but this was really impressive and relaxing!

The overall interior is gorgeous, very boutique and want to take many ideas from this hotel when designing my house build next year.

All the staff are very friendly, welcoming, professional and look neat and tidy which is very different from the locals working down in the bars/ restaurants in the old city! Plus the owner is always on hand and makes the effort to come and chat, personally, to all the guests which is always a nice touch. You also dont get the feeling that the staff are expecting tips which is nice.

The only reason I have given this 4 stars and not 5 stars is because of two reason. Firstly on the first night there is a 1.5l bottle of water left in your room but this wasnt refreshed and for a 5 star hotel costing just over £2000 for the week I felt a bottle of water (at a cost price to them of probably £1) wouldn't have been too much to ask that this was refreshed daily....especially when there is a note in the hotel guidelines saying you arent allowed to bring your own drinks in from outside so there is no choice other than to pay for the water from the mini bar. Secondly I ordered room service on two occasions and both times is was slightly wrong. This is not a complaint but feedback for the hotel for future guests.

Overall this is a really gorgeous hotel and would definitely stay here if I ever return back to Marrakech.

Thank you for a lovely peaceful stay and a nice break away from my hectic life!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Gascoigne A
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

We haven't been expecting such a nice hotel. It was honestly the best surprise of the trip . Service was amazing, one of the best I had so far. rooms up to a five star level and food was great . Very nice ambiance the day by the pool as well as at night. I totally recommend this hotel .

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Khalead C
Cambridge UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed four days at this hotel, after three nights in a marvellous Riad in the heart of Marrakech. We had room 119, which has its own private garden and swimming pool. Therefore we did not have any need to sample the (fantastic looking!) pool in the middle of the complex. We rather felt that we were the oldest couple staying in the hotel. At breakfast and dinner, the other clients looked much younger, (30's and 40's rather than 50's and 60's!!).
The hotel owner, Mehdi, is great. He makes it his business to check on all guests, every day, usually in the evening at dinner. His staff are very happy, helpful, and we thought that they were great fun to talk to and to joke with.
This was our first visit to Morocco. We like spicy Asian type food. The food at this hotel was better than we had had in the heart of Marrakech, but more ginger and garlic would have improved the taste! This is not a complaint! - just that we probably don't like Moroccan food that much!
We do wonder whether this hotel is really 5*. The wood-work carpentry in our room was not as good as I can do - the wi-fi signal occasionally went down, as did the TV, and the power.
However, we did have a very good time relaxing in a great atmosphere, and with reservations, we thoroughly recommend this hotel. The staff are brilliant.

Room Tip: There are two rooms with private garden and pool, and two with private pool. 119 is quiet, on its o...
1 Thank seronok
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

It's unusual to write a review at this stage but we are currently on the third of a seven night stay and we must say that this hotel is perfect.

Everyone at the hotel - the owner, manager, restaurant staff, pool staff, cleaners, reception staff are all so attentive we can not fault this hotel and would not want to.

Arriving late in the evening, the reception area is impressive and the rooms, spa, pool, and restaurant do not disappoint.

The photos and descriptions you in the other reviews are accurate and I could not recommend this hotel more highly; we have stayed in many hotels throughout the world but this must rank as one the best.

Room Tip: I am sure based on our experience all rooms are good.
1 Thank alexcolin
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

If you want a chilled time, sun, great food and relaxing spa treatments, this is the place to stay.
It's more like staying at an oasis than a hotel, with rooms boardering a swimming pool.
We stayed here for three nights and enjoyed every moment, the service cannot be faulted and the food in the restauant is excellent.
Already booked for for next year !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rob M
Salisbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

What a fabulous hotel! My teenage daughter and I spent two weeks here in August and cannot fault the attentive service and attention to our needs. From the chamber maids, to the pool attendants, spa and restaurant staff - everyone was very friendly and couldn't do enough to make our stay a memorable one. The owner never failed to check how we were every day and personally arranged things like an early breakfast when we were setting out on a trip. Coming back to the hotel after a crazy day of sightseeing was like coming home. The shuttle bus service is excellent and takes you to and from the centre of Marrakesh without any bother or concern. Make time for several trips to the spa! The traditional facial is heavenly and the oriental massage was so relaxing I had trouble waking up afterwards! All in all a little piece of heaven on the outskirts of Marrakesh and definitely one not to be missed. I hope to return soon.

Room Tip: Book a junior garden suite. Right on the pool and very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family