“Very nice stay in marrakech”

Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa
Ranked #38 of 501 Hotels in Marrakech
Roosendaal, The Netherlands
“Very nice stay in marrakech”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Calm, friendly Resort with nice pool good food and excellent service. Ideal is the shuttle into town.
Will definetely come back here, as it just 3.5 hrs flying from amsterdam
When driving yourself, you need a Nav system to find it

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
Whitstable, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2012

It was our first trip to Morocco/Marrakech and we struck lucky. Visually the hotel was a treat; it was not too big, the service was first class and it was only about 10-15 minutes drive out of town using the hotel's free shuttle. Breakfast was excellent, we did not eat lunch in, and had dinner 3 out of 4 evenings. The dinner menu was a tad limited for choice but the food was good and the staff excellent. Cocktails were all right too! The pool and surrounds were lovely, and well tended by the attendant who was very helpful in moving umbrellas, sunbeds etc and the staff were excellent in providing poolside service. All in all an excellent choice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank snowcatt
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed here for a week in mid-September and had a fantastic time.

Weather was excellent, staff were very good and the owner was always on hand making sure everyone was OK.

Hotel room was very nice and big with all mod cons. Wife thought the bath towels were a bit small and we didn't have a loo roll holder but don't let that put you off!

Plenty of choice for breakfast, lunch menu was varied and there was a good choice for dinner. My wife is a fussy vegetarian and that was the one disappointment, they could do with more variety for veggies!

Shuttle bus into the Medina works very well and having now seen it, I would definitely say stay at the Sirayane and get the bus into town rather than stay in a Ryad at the Medina to avoid the hassle and the heat and so that you can make the most of the pool.

In the past we have gone to the UAE for a week of sun but now we know Marrakesh is less than 4hrs from London and we know the service at the Sirayane is excellent, we will definitely be going back.

If you need wheel chair access, there are a couple of steps down to the pool. However, the staff are more than happy to assist with carrying chairs up and down and I'm sure in due course they will build a ramp to make it easier. Please don't let this put you off, just be aware of it and maybe check before booking.

In summary, the staff were very genuine, very polite and couldn't do enough for us. The hotel was brilliant and the weather great. If you are thinking about Marrakesh and want to do it in style, definitely stay at the Sirayane!

Room Tip: We had a corner balcony room in the main block, which was excellent!
4 Thank StuTheTourist
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2012

look no further! Fabulous hotel set in quiet grounds. Allows you to unwind from your busy life. We had a prestige room overlooking to pool. An excellent size and facilities were more than adequate.
The food, while a little limited, as excellent and of a high quality, but the service we received was first class. The restaurant manager took time to explain the dishes on the menu and gave good advise on which dish would suit your tastes. The pool and surroundings were well kept and plenty of shade available to help protect you from the heat of the Sun. If the Hotel was full, I wonder if there would be sufficient capacity to accommodate all guests at the pool.
An excellent destination for a short break to recharge your batteries! We will definitely make a return visit.

Bolton UK
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This boutique hotel sets an example as to how a hotel should be run. My wife and I booked a week stay at the Sirayane over my Birthday and what we didnt realise was that we were in for a treat.

Location.

The location for us was perfect, off the beaten path approximately 15-20 mins from the frantic hustle and bustle of the Medina and Jama el Fnaa square. We delibrately wanted to stay away from the centre and we were very glad that we did. The hotel does provide a fantastic well run complimentary shuttle service to get to and from the Medina which worked well for us. The shuttle was always on time and very reliable. The atmosphere at the hotel was very peaceful throughout. I would say this hotel is better suited for couples, friends, and solo travellers as opposed to families with young children. The decor of this hotel is modern with zen touches accompanied by subtle Morrocan themes which works really well.

Service was Excellent. The staff have been professionally trained with special mentions to the restaurant staff who I thought were exceptional. Housekeeping was always done to a high standard and the front desk/ reception staff were always on hand if they were called upon.

Room.

We stayed in Room 118 a Junior Suite for the added privacy which boasted a private pool and garden which was very nice. The room was clean and comfortable. the bathroom was well laid out with a his and hers sink, a jacuzzi bath and great quality bathrobes and slippers. The room had plenty of wardrobe space and hangers, along with an electronic safe box. However it lacked an iron and ironing board (which is available on request). There is a flatscreen TV/ DVD player with limited English channels but there were a number of complimentary DVDs available on request. The Wifi signal in the room was a minor issue as it did disconnect occaisonally, but other than that everything was perfect.

I was greatly surprised at the quality of food that was on offer at this hotel. I pretty much thought everything I ordered off the lunch and dinner menu was of the highest quality. The breakfast options was varied and mainly continental. I would like to suggest labelling of some food and drink as I was unsure what they were . There was a choice of two menus for dinner the Morrocan and the International menu which gave great options. I enjoyed dining at the restaurant which has both beautiful indoor and outdoor seating seating with the outdoor seating having beautiful views of the hotel and the distant Atlas Mountains

Spa

We tried the duo relax package for couples and really enjoyed the experience. The hammam was an experience on its own and the staff were really professional. The massage was very relaxing and enjoyable and the service reflects the calm and soothing atmosphere the hotel gives off

The owner / management

The Owner Mehdi has a done a fantastic job throughout and can be found often visible daily. He takes a keen interest in the hotel guests ensuring they are gettng the best possible experience. The managment team and staff do a fantastic job in his absence and he along with all his staff should take pride in what they have achieved together.

I would definately recommend this hotel without question and would definately stay here again if I was to return to Marrakech.

5 Thank MrandMrsOomer
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The Sirayane exceeded our expectations! Plus the value for the price was very favorable. The property is beautifully designed with nuances of traditional design but it is not overrun with kitsch. The rooms are modern and spacious. The restaurant offers delicious Moroccan cuisine. In all honesty, there is a huge difference between the quality of the 2 menus. My recommendation --- stick to the tagines! The spa is mid-grade compared to what you may be used to in other resort hotels. But the hamam and manicure/pedicures are the best I've ever received. The overall feel of the property is peaceful.

I would also like to highlight the staff. The owner, Mehdi, kept a watchful (yet discreet) eye over the staff as well as the guests to ensure we were well taken care of. He takes his role as manager very seriously and will personally handle details of your visit. One evening, my friend and I happened to return very late from a day trip (arrived at 10pm when guest normally return at 5pm) and Mehdi was on the phone with the driver every 30 minutes checking our status and he greeted us at the gate upon our late return. He then escorted us to the dining room even though dinner service was about to end.

In addition to Mehdi, we found Bader at reception, Said at the shuttle service and another Said in the dining room to be outstanding.

I can't wait to return to Sirayane. After many trips, this was the first place where i really regained peace of mind.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Swisstrek
London
Reviewed October 4, 2012

A beautiful boutique hotel slightly away from the bustle of the town of Marrakech. Beautifully decorated in muted colours and simple to the eye. Marrakech is a 15 minute hop in their courtesy bus and is quite addictive...the bustle, colour and vibrancy of the place is in stark contrast to the serenity of the Sirayane and one comliments the other very well.
The hammam experience in the spa at the hotel is a must. I've never had one before, but they scrub you in three different ways, leave you to sweat in a large sauna between scrubs and then layer on muddy goodness to top it all off. My skin sparkled like I've never seen before - incredibly good! The girls in the spa were also worthy of mention - so very sweet and gentle...lovely people indeed and a credit to the hotel.
My room was by the pool and had it's own private garden, although not sure why, as the garden was the only let down in the place and I didn't see anyone using theirs! It wasn't cared for sufficiently, with plants withering and grass long in some places (a strimmer would be a suggestion). The bouganvillia that was attempting to climb the bare walls only needed a little water every day and would flourish and make such a difference! The pool, which was 10 strides away was lovely, not heated but in 45 dgrees was just perfect. However, you DO NOT see the Atlas mountains like on their website. There is a a building on the other side of their perimeter fence and on the clearest day, I could vaguely make out a 'peak'...but a long way off.
Food was excellent. I took the half board option and I could have had fillet mignon every night, and I left the restaurant full and satisfied without fail. Cocktails were excellent value and very well made/presented. Tequila sunrises were my weapon of choice for the holiday! Delish!! Again the waiting and bar staff very affable and looked after me very well as a single traveller. The evening at the Sirayane were really excellent quality and value for money and I always had a lovely time chilling in their bar lounge talking to the staff and listening to the (very good) variety of music they played.
Breakfast was average and it would have benefitted from being laid out on flat, ironed linen and not the bunched up, ruched thing they had going on! Very 80's and not in a good way!! But the food was good. they do not have Marmite so if you are an addict like me, take your own!
All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel really for value for money and a good experience. Yes, like all places there are some things that can be improved, but they will go out of their way to make you happy, they don't rip you off at the bar, and it's a great place to recharge the batteries!

Room Tip: Don't bother with the garden rooms although they are out of the main hotel so probably quieter...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Lambo-Girl
bsmehdi, Directeur général at Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Valuable guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for sharing your valuable feedbacks about your visit at Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa.
We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and you were satisfied with the Sirayane team.

We are happy that you enjoyed our restaurant and our Spa.

In regards of our gardens, please note that we have 6 gardeners available every day and their only task is taking care of gardens and make them beautiful.

Please note that as you said with a high temperature, although we put water all day, we have the impression that it is not enough.

About the Atlas mountain, please note that we see the Atlas mountain from the Hotel and we have even photos of that on our website, but during the summer at 45 degrees and because of the mist we cannot see the atlas mountain clearly , it is something in relation with the weather.

Thank you once again for sharing your experience with us and we look forward to welcome you back at Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa.

Best regards,