“I left my heart in Marrakech x”

Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa
Ranked #43 of 494 Hotels in Marrakech
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“I left my heart in Marrakech x”
Reviewed November 25, 2011

My husband and I got a fabulous groupon deal for our anniversary so no children to run around after. when our flight landed in the evening we could not find our hotel taxi and like most locals from this beautiful city the airport staff could not have been more helpful, they put a call out over the tannoy and within a few minutes our driver appeared to help us to the car. After a 10 min ride to the hotel we where greeted at reception wth pastries and mint tea, whilst staff sorted everything else behind the scenes allowing us to relax and soak up the ambience of this beautiful hotel. The decor of the hotel is very calming and minimilistic and as I have a passion for interiors this was right up my street. We were lucky enough to get a garden room, which was only a few steps to the pool and the fabulous double loungers allowing us to enjoy the warm sunshine. I dont think the white plastic ones in Spain will ever feel the same and to be honest I feel Spain could learn from the service we experienced whilst at the Sirayane. Nothing was ever a problem and it was a lovely, relaxing experience with a personal service that never felt intrusive. I would like to personally thank Adile the night manager who was very knowledgable and proud of his home city. He gave us lot's of great information and always guided us in the right direction and is an absolute credit to the hotel and it's owners again nothing was ever to much trouble. It was lovely to have the contrast of the hustle bustle of the medina against the chilled out vibe of the Sirayane and with the free transfers it was always nice to come back to the tranquility of the hotel. We had a few spa treatments that I would recommend but would suggest that you ask the therapist to explain the treatment up front so that she doesn't miss anything out. Food and drink was nice and as with most places in Marrakech alcohol was expensive. I would go as far as to say that this was probably one of my favourite holidays, we felt really safe in the medina and loved the culture and history of Marrakech. From the warm welcome of the locals, to the buzzing nightlife of the medina, I actually enjoyed it more than I expected to and really cannot recommend it hightly enough! I would go back in a heartbeat although fear that without a great deal from groupon it may just be out of my reach. I would like to thank Sirayane for the lovely memory of our anniversary and the nice glass of champagne we hope to see you again soon!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a garden room or if you can afford it ask to upgrade to a suite with its own private pool. W...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 23, 2011

We had a fabulous relaxing stay at the Sirayane - we booked it via a Groupon voucher and jokingly said that if it wasn't up to much, we hadn't spent a lot of money on it and would stay somewhere else! The hotel is lovely - large wooden doors opening into high celiing'd rooms: low furniture and all quite minimalist. The attention to service and detail is very impeccable from the relaxed seated check-in where tea and pastries were served, to the walk round and shown the amenities so no time was wasted trying to find them, to the sprinkling of fresh rose petals on our sheets each evening. The hotel clearly prides itself on the personal approach - on our first day a man stopped by our lunch table to introduce himself - it was the owner: that's the level of service at the Sirayane: personal but not intrusive. You could easily spend all of your Marrakech trip at the Sirayane, relaxing on the divans by the pool, or in the spa - it's hard to believe it is only ten minutes from the hustle and bustle of the souk and Medina!

Room Tip: We had a first floor room in the main building but the garden rooms looked great too!
west london
Reviewed November 19, 2011

Have just returned from a 5 day break at the Sirayane Hotel and my first trip to Morocco. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. The hotel arranged for a private transfer and when we arrived at the hotel were greeted with mint tea and pastries whilst we checked in - a perfect start to our trip! Our luggage was taken to our room whilst we were shown around the hotel and spa areas. Our room was clean and spacious with robes and slippers provided. The standard of the food served was excellent - great variety at breakfast with made to order omlettes available, lots of fresh juices, fruit, pastries, cheeses etc.. The waiters were incredibly attentive without being intrusive and took the time to run through the menu explaining the dishes to us. I can recommend the tagines and the house wine! Both food and wine were also incredibly good value for money. The pool area is lovely with large 'day beds' with shades available and the smaller pool is heated. We also had a hamman treatment in the spa which was fantastic - the therapists in the spa were really personable. There was a lounge area with a computer set up with free internet access and also a real fire which was lit each evening. I was very impressed with the free shuttle service into town which operated up until 11:15pm - we did get a cab back one night which was 150 dirhams. I loved the fact that the hustle & bustle of the Djemaa El Fna was only 15 mins away from the relaxed atmosphere at the Sirayane - what a contrast!! Nothing appeared to be too much trouble with staff going out of their way to ensure that our trip was perfect. I will definitely be a return visitor to the Sirayane :)

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Me and my friend returned yesterday (two females aged 23 & 24) from Marrakech we were staying at the Sirayane Hotel, from start to finish it was fantastic, we were met at the airport by our friendly hotel transfer, straight into air - conditioned vehicle, arrived at the hotel was seated and served Mint tea and pastries - great introduction already - not the usual stress of booking in thankfully, we were then given a tour of the hotel and its grounds - beautiful, calm serene - everything you could ask for in a relaxing break, then we were delivered to our room, where the cases we already waiting - GREAT!! the hotel is a bit further out of the hustle and bustle of the Medina, but the hotel provides free transfers to and from town throughout the day until 11.15 at night. The staff were very pleasant, but not overbearing, would not hassle you for anything, bear this in mind as if you want a drink by the pool you just need to ask - they thankfully dont ask you every minute as if pressuring you, now to the pool, great sun filled all day - two pools, one heated one not, also the double lounger sun beds just great and comfortable for wasting the day away in the sunshine. We had lunch and cocktails on the first day alll which can be charged to your room - no fussing with money :) cocktails were great but very strong - might of been the sun, and lunch classic chicken salad was well presented and tasty, then dinner the first night we stayed in the hotel, nice menu to pick from both european and morocco menus we went for the latter - starters and a tegine for main - lovely, next day arranged transfer to the medina 4 transfers in total for the day, went shopping in the medina must have a strong head on you for this and prepare to barter within an inch of your life, came out laden with shopping bags having a Orange Juice to finish off the morning, then back to the hotel for a hamman treatment - lovely spa and staff and my skin has never felt so soft! then at night back to the experience of the medina, we had dinner on a balcony restaurant - very cheap but nice food about £15 each, no alchol is served within the city walls - but this was ok, then we got a henna be careful to try and specify what you want otherwise they will give you something small and expect payement, then we took a horse carrige ride - paid 100dh (£10 ish) took 40 mins seen the mosque the casino and some of the best hotels in the city. then as it was quieter we had food (yes more) in the market, prawns and chicken kebabs (stall no 75) nice and fresh and a good experience. Next day basqued in the sun all day after another lovely breakfast at the hotel - table was laden with pastries, breads, fruits, juices and a lovely made to order Omlette, and then with our request we went to Comptoir one of the best eatieries I have visited for ambience - belly dancing music singing and coctails not to mention the food, I had a great salmon dish- expensive but worth the experience. Overall a very enjoyable experience with plans already in motion to visit again soon the hotel was fantastic and I would reccomend to all my family and friends- a mean feat as I travel the world for a living and dont reccomend much!! the staff and hotel are so welcoming and just fantastic, cannot wait to visit again soon!! Well done Sirayane on giving a great experience and making me fall in Love with Morocco!

1 Thank Ilovetravel2104
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights using a Groupon Voucher and I couldn't fault the place at all. The fact we were on a special 'deal' made no difference to the way we were treated.

We arranged a transfer from the airport with the hotel - and despite our flight being delayed, the driver was waiting for us upon arrival. When we got the hotel we had mint tea and pastries and had a guided tour of the hotel. The staff were all really friendly and happy to help.

Our room was lovely, spotlessly clean and serviced daily. Breakfast was great, lots of choice and plentiful. We ate in the restaurant every night and the food was always good, whether we ate from the Moroccan menu or the more international one, good value for money as well.

The spa was great - our hamam that came as part of the deal was amazing - lasted almost 1.5 hours and we both felt brilliant afterwards. We also used the free shuttle into the Medina which was a brilliant service.

The owner was there a lot during our stay and seemed really keen to talk to guests and find out what they thought.

The pool area was lovely and staff were always available to give out towels or bring drinks from the bar.

The only negative I can think of was that the free wifi was dodgy and we had difficulty connecting most days (and not at all from our room) - but to be honest, it was nice to get away from it all so we didn't really miss being online!

A great place to go and relax, far enough away from the centre to feel totally away from it all, but close enough to go exploring. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elmozza
Linlithgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2011

What can i say about Sirayane - nothing but good things that's what. We were greeted on arrival at 10pm with some mint tea and a smile. The staff were friendly from start to finish.

This was a honeymoon destination for my new wife and I so we were expecting it to be nice and it was. The fact that we had used a 'GroupOn' voucher to go made no difference to the staff. The rooms were lovely and spacious and decorated in a cultural yet modern way. The hotel is far enough out from the city that you are not awoken by any calls to prayer. Breakfast was plentiful and we had lots of choice.

One thing i will say is that the manager appears to read and act on the reviews left on TripAdvisor as one reviewer moaned about the lack of omelettes but they had them while we were there so that's good. Someone else had moaned that the last shuttle bus back was at 10pm whereas it was 11.15pm when we were there.

Seriously i could not fault this hotel - the staff - the food - the rooms - the gardens - the pool - the decor was all top notch and if you can i would visit this hotel - It was my birthday on the day we left so the manager offered us a complimentary glass of bubbly :-)

Room Tip: I would try and get a room on the 1st floor
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We recently spent our honeymoon at Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa.
What a fantastic experience, staff did everything they could to make our stay memorable and relaxing.

Food in the restaurant is great value and tastes wonderful - something for all tastes. Good breakfast selection. The restaurant/bar has indoor and outdoor seating overlooking a large swimming pool/sunbathing area, framed by views of the Atlas mountains.

We had a room with our own swimming pool and jacuzzi – great if you want alittle more privacy. The rooms are tastefully decorated, clean and tidy.

This is a great place to get away from it all - but also great to take advantage of the hotels free shuttle service to the Medina which takes about 15-20 mins.

Good range of spa treatments available and very professional staff.

Small and boutique, this place is perfect for a getway. Not one of these huge impersonal places where you are just a guest. At Sirayane, they know your name and the service is personal. We had a great stay.

I would give this gem my strongest recomendation.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a room with a private pool - totally worth it!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple