“Relaxing”

Ranked #39 of 496 Hotels in Marrakech
London
“Relaxing”
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We recently spent our honeymoon at Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa.
What a fantastic experience, staff did everything they could to make our stay memorable and relaxing.

Food in the restaurant is great value and tastes wonderful - something for all tastes. Good breakfast selection. The restaurant/bar has indoor and outdoor seating overlooking a large swimming pool/sunbathing area, framed by views of the Atlas mountains.

We had a room with our own swimming pool and jacuzzi – great if you want alittle more privacy. The rooms are tastefully decorated, clean and tidy.

This is a great place to get away from it all - but also great to take advantage of the hotels free shuttle service to the Medina which takes about 15-20 mins.

Good range of spa treatments available and very professional staff.

Small and boutique, this place is perfect for a getway. Not one of these huge impersonal places where you are just a guest. At Sirayane, they know your name and the service is personal. We had a great stay.

I would give this gem my strongest recomendation.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a room with a private pool - totally worth it!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Edinburgh
Reviewed October 24, 2011

My two friends and I stayed here from 7th to 11th October after staying in Riad Dar One (seperate review) for the first three days. There had been a mix up with our booking and Mehdi upgraded us to a Deluxe suite with a put up bed in the living room. Although this was nice, the put up bed wasn't great for an adult. After two nights of my friend not sleeping, I mentioned this to Mehdi, and he promptly moved my friend to another room which was great. The beds at the pool are the comfiest I have ever experienced. We ate at the Restaurant twice, and both times I had steak which was delicious. On my second last day here, I became ill with the 'Marrakech stomach bug'. The staff were very helpful and gave my friends some anti sickness tablets and some salt sachets for me. This did really ruin the end of my holiday though and I am still suffering two weeks later (awaiting test results). I am in no way blaming the hotel for this though, as I don't know how or where I contracted this. We all had antispetic hand wipes and gel etc. but it still got me!! The courtesy bus runs quite a few times a day to and from the old town, which is great. The only down side to living outside the City is that you have to plan in advance what you intend to do the next day in order to book your place on the bus. This takes away some of the spontenaity of your holiday, but is probably a small price to pay to have free transport.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Alicante, Spain
Reviewed October 18, 2011

This was portrayed as a luxury hotel which it is not. We chose a luxury room with private pool and two other rooms for our adult children and their partners. The breakfast was really excellent with plenty of choice,all the staff where really pleasant and very helpful. There it ended. We live in Spain and go to Morrocco at least five times a year as we love the country and the people, this hotel is not a luxury hotel. The food is very poor in quality and taste, the rooms where dirty, A cockroach was dead on my bedroom floor for the duration of the holiday, there where insects in the shower, which did not drain and the water was either scalding or cold, dangerous. The private pool was very cloudy looking and had it's own wildlife in it and in fact the bottom of the pool was very slimy. I could let go the cracked mirror, the broken tap, the useless air con and the broken toilet seat but to be charged £2.50 for a bottle of water which I had to go to reception for as the mininbar was not re stocked from day one and then to be charged service on it at 10 per cent, my own service! Was a step too far.
Over the years we have had numerous Spas and Hammans but this was the worst by far. It was far too hot, so hot to lay on we had to stand up after 5 minutes, this was very funny to the girl in charge who just said you are English! She left us 10 minutes then we had the scrub, left again then the clay mask left again 10 minutes then told it's finished get a shower. Rubbish! The mini foot spa is wrapping your foot in a towel and two pressure points and then pulling each toe that is it! The end of it was 6 people, 5 days, 5 Ill with severe gastro entiritus could be food could be pool who knows. sirayanne pull your socks up you could be so good!

Room Tip: Check for cleanliness
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
6 Thank Caroline R
bsmehdi, Directeur général at Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Dear Valuable Guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your comment on Tripadvisor.

I did not understand to see all bad things you wrote about our hotel which is strange, especially as i asked you every day about your stay and you always told me that you are enjoying your stay with us and all our customers send very good feed back after their departure (please have a look on tripadvisor).

Maybe you are used to spend your holidays in more luxurious hotels than Sirayane, but be assured that we have one of best hotels in Marrakech offering good service, food and accommodation.

We appreciate the fact that you liked the breakfast and staff service and we thank you for that; but to say that the food was poor and without quality then you were sick ; is not because of our restaurant and the proof is you had lunch and diner with us several times during your stay.

Please do not forget that you had also some food out in the square and this is not the best place to eat in Marrakech.

As in all the hotels, our housekeepers clean the rooms, and here they do it twice a day, but because you stay the most of the time in the room with the private pool of course they cannot go in to disturb you and change mini bar anytime you finished the drinks (where the small bottle of water is at the price of £ 1.3 not £ 2.5 for information).

I have checked personnaly your room today and all equipments in rooms are clean and even the shower is in a very good condition, the water mixer works well and you could have the temperature you wanted when taking shower with any problem.

The public pools and the pools in all our suites are cleaned also every day with chlorine and all the necessary product and please note that we work with an ISO certified company who control us once a month, so I don’t think you will find any dust or moist in it as per your comment.

I checked with the spa manager about your treatments in our SPA and you were very happy of the result. In the Hammam she asked you to put fresch towels on the floor because you found it very hot (this is the traditional moroccan hammam) but you told her you were fine; then they did your foot massage in the good way they should do it (with hot towels and rose petal). We don't use oil for the mini foot massage in the hammam.

Please note that it is our internal policy to add 10% service charge on Food & Beverage and Spa rates and it is well mentioned on our price card and it's for all the staff of the hotel who do their best to make your stay very enjoyable (it is done specially for not giving tips individually).

Please rest assured that your feedbaks is taken with our utmost importance and that we are committed to improving the quality of our services

It will be my personal privilege to make your next visit’s arrangement and welcome you back to Sirayane Boutique Hotel & Spa.

Best regards,

Mehdi BENNANI SMIRES
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2011

magnificant room with private garden over looking the pool , friendly professional staff, very easy to book private driver, we had a trip to the waterfalls which was very interesting, good day out. the spa is excellent and the staff very attentive . Dinner very good ate off morroccan menu and international menu which were both lovely, also very good selection at breakfast. we enjoyed it so much we have already book to return next year.i would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone wishing for a relaxing chilled out break.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Sirayane was a lovely surprise in Marrekech. It's a small hotel (28 rooms I believe) with a beautiful spa and fantastic pool. Breakfast is plentiful in a buffet with breads, jams, fruit, cereals and cakes as well as a few hot options including pancakes, scrambled eggs etc. The chef will prepare omelettes if you wish but we didn’t try. Snacks are available throughout the day. We tried the NY burger once and it was very very good. In the evenings the restaurant is a gourmet experience, which although not particularly cheap, offers fantastic food. My wife tried the spa and loved it. The pool is large and there are enough sunbeds for everybody. The hotel is about 15 minutes away from Marrakech’s city centre, the Medina. There’s a free transfer service every 90 minutes or so. The drivers drive very responsibly, which is not always the case with taxis, for example. Transfers to/from the airport are not included but they will arrange it for you if you wish - or you can just take a taxi because it takes less than 10 minutes to get there. All in all, I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool have a better view and are also very quiet
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 12, 2011

This excellent hotel completed our first visit to Morocco to be an unforgettable experience. The magnificant rooms and its setting around the beautiful pool, the architecture and the interior decoration gave us the welcome relaxation in contrast to the hectics of Marrakech.
We very much enjoyed the personal care and service of the staff. The cleanliness and daily fresh decorations of the rooms. The food and drinks were excellent. Good transportation services to and from the city, as well as to the airport and personal trips.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor have the best view on Atlas mountains and pool
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
edinburgh
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We used a group on voucher to book this hotel, and I think the deal was well worth it- the hotel is beautiful, I. The middle of nowhere but with luxurious and dramatic decor that makes you feel as if you have found a real oasis. The journey to the medina is also short enough that it is handy to get to, and the shuttle bus is very handy. If it is fully booked the staff are also very helpful when arranging transfers in a private vehicle.

The one complaint we did have was that before we travelled the hotel contacted us to say they were overbooked and offered us various options if we were to change dates or cancel nights - of course, this was not possible where flights were concerned. They were then very quick to take back their offer of an upgraded room when we explained we could not change dates. However, friends travelling at the same time did receive the upgrade to a pool suite, having been asked first! This problem did not affect our stay and our room was very nice, however, it was a bit frustrating to deal with this just before our holiday and the tone of emails was not brilliant. Having said that, in person the staff were lovely and charming, and they did offer us a free drink on arrival to compensate.

The food in the hotel was very nice, plenty of choice for a few day visit, and the spa treatment I received, a massage, was also very relaxing. The pool area is lovely too.

All in all a very nice hotel, close enough to make trips to the medina very handy, remote enough to feel like you are away from the madness to properly relax. I also absolutely loved Marrakech- it is busy, exciting, interesting and vibrant, a real experience for all the senses. I will definitely return, and perhaps even to the siryane itself.

Room Tip: Pool suites are lovely!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple