“excellent”

Ranked #291 of 1,130 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Arnside, United Kingdom
“excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2011

just spent a couple of days at riad cinnamon with 5 friends... what an excellent riad (and i travel with my business a lot) not one thing to complain about Abdou (manager) and Khaled (the main man!) couldn't do enough for our party. I (we) would all thourghly recommend... NOTHING is too much trouble. stay here - you will not regret it..

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank tomatokinglover

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2011

The Riad Cinnamon is a calm oasis in the busy medina. So luxurious and beautifully decorated. The staff are so accomodating and serve you tea where ever and when ever you want it. The breakfast is lovely; fruit, scrambled eggs, bread and pancakes.
The owner Mike was happy to show us around the medina as it can be hard to navigate and we were given a mobile phone so that if we ever got lost we could phone the riad and someone was sent out to rescue us. Their website is really helpful for info about Marrakech.
A most enjoyable stay and we will certainly return to the Riad Cinnamon.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2011

This riad was one of the highlights of our stay in Marrakech. As may be apparent from other reviews, the riad is owned by a British family and the service feels like a wonderful blend of Moroccan and British tradition.

The staff are welcoming and incredibly helpful. Abdou, the manager, is really personable--he greeted us every day at breakfast, asked us how things were going, advised us on local attractions, made us reservations at the best restaurants, and gave us a map which was really helpful in getting around that first day. The rest of the staff are also lovely--the girls cooked us a delicous vegetarian meal our first night (btw, wine is available on request). Hassan, the handyman, carted our bags through the streets of the medina all the way to the taxi stand when we left--really above and beyond!

I highly recommend this riad and would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2011

We picked up a hire at the airport, so our evening arrival at the Dar-el-Bacha was something of a culture shock.

We were met at the Palace by Abdou, who showed us where to park, helped us with our bags and guided us through the streets to the Cinnamon. Entering the Cinnamon was like entering another world - peace, tranquility and luxury. Fantastic bedroom and bathrooms, very welcome meal after a long day, there really wasn't anything to fault.

Next morning had a great breakfast on the rooftop before a comprehensive briefing of the attractions. Sadly, rooms were only available for one night, but our luggage was transferred to the next riad.

I really can't say much else - it was perfect, and in retrospect the best night of our whole trip. 100% recommended.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2010

Salamu Alaykum
I was so excited after booking a flight to Marrakech to find Riad Cinnamon advertised on the Internet.
A Riad … recollections of the lovely and amazing Arabian Nights and enchanted gardens came to mind.
And just the sound and scent of cinnamon conjures up images of wealth and desire. Stories and legends travel the globe about the healing properties of this expensive spice. Wars have been won and lives have been lost trying to protect cinnamon.
From the first page of the website you will be seduced with the images of sumptuous sleeping quarters, exciting places to eat, the colours, the souqs and the sun.
You wont be disappointed.
The moment you arrive in Marrakech Airport a taxi driver greets and delivers you to the door of Riad Cinnamon, where you are immediately introduced to the warm hospitality that is Morocco.
I was completely spoiled with several cups of mint tea, poured from an elaborate silver spout and instructions on how to navigate the medina and all her mysteries.
To reassure me that this was my home Abdou the Guardian of Cinnamon issued me with a map and mobile phone to call him if I became lost in the labyrinth of leather, metal, silk, wool, art and antiques.
And I did.
I swept through the streets confused but safe and discovered all alleys … finally arrive at the historic square of execution, Place Jemaa el-Fna.
Jemaa el-Fna is a giddy pantomime of performers, snake charmers, storytellers, waiters’ touting their restaurant’s specialties and tourists playing their part in the open-air theatre.
Hours were spent listening to the banter of Berbers and Bedouins speaking to me in French and Arabic, unfamiliar words from friendly faces.
What made Riad Cinnamon special?
As well as the location, the sense of style, the superb food, the Egyptian cotton sheets, the sun roof and the sound of calls to prayers. It was the staff Abdou, Sherrif, Hassan, Jamila and Sanna who made my stay extra special.
On my first evening in Cinnamon Jamila cooked and Sherrif served me. Their company, the food the wine and the ambience made me feel like a queen.
“You are Queen.” Sherrif replied!
I spent my first two nights cwtched up in the Meknes suite preparing to be part of the fabric, which stitches Marrakech to her sister cities Casablanca, Tangier and Fez together.
The following five nights I had arranged to stay at Riad Pappilon.
What I hadn’t anticipated when I left Wales for the medina of Marrakech, was an invitation to attend a wedding, to travel south to the desert beyond Taroudannt.
I didn’t hesitate.
After several days of celebrations, I returned to Riad Cinnamon. It was past midnight, the lamps either side of the door illuminating The Hand of Fatima welcomed me.
For the following five nights I was staying in the Fez suite. I dropped down my bag, kicked off dusty flip-flops, turned on the shower and sighed. I was home. Home with my new found friends.
Shokran … Thank you.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank HouseofAngels
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2010

This was an excellent Riad located in a great place near the souks and main square. The staff were attentive and helpful throughout - they even moved our booking a few days for us when our plane got stuck in the UK. Food was excellent. The rooms are beautiful and spacious (we stayed in the Casablanca) - designed with lovely Morrocan furnishings.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2010

I can't say enough great things about Riad Cinnamon. From the moment we arrived at the airport to be greeted by a friendly face who took us to the Riad. Abdou the manager is wonderful, warm, friendly and super helpful, he really can't do enough to help or make your trip enjoyable. The other staff (I can't remember their names but the two men and lady who does all the cooking) were also all fabulous, friendly and helpful. We had dinner in the Riad on the first night and it was delicious and excellent value. The Riad is in a great location and there are some food sellers just around the corner where we had a very cheap but very delicious set meal. Unfortunately it wasn't warm enough to use the roof terrace much but we had a lovely breakfast up there on the one sunny morning we had. So all in all, I would definitely recommend Riad Cinnamon!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends