“Such a great place!”

Ranked #301 of 1,133 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Such a great place!”
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I was blown away by this Riad! The service was so friendly and helpful. I really felt very at home as the staff were so kind and understanding and you are never made to feel out of place. The phone they give you is a great little lifeline and so thoughtful!

The room itself was a dream! I personally loved the blue Tadelakt room and the Tadelakt bathroom. Such a nice and very local technique that left an impression on me. Comfortable bed and lifesaving air conditioning. It got to 48 degrees centigrade in the afternoons but the room and the Riad was always comfortable. Great bed and some really nice little touches such as the interesting books and ipod speakers in the rooms. Very useful and nice reminders of home.

The Riad is in just the right place! Just next to the souks and not far from the main square, in fact the way to the square is through the souks which is always a pleasure. The location is also easily accessible to the bus station and the taxi drop off too and is in a very quiet area, no disturbances except the eerie song of the minarets which is a lovely sound heard all across the city!

I loved the whole experience of staying at the Riad. Everything from the little things like the green man on the terrace (See if you can spot him) to the very traditionally Moroccan mint tea. From the tasty tasty breakfasts to the spectacular pool in the central courtyard. From the terrace to the lounge. It made me happy! Very happy indeed!

I recommend this Riad to anyone. I had a wonderful time here.

Room Tip: I reccomend Chefchaouen with the double shower. So lovely in blue!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tripcoolspot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Kent
Reviewed June 15, 2011

We only had one night here on our way home after a two week trip in Morocco but wish we could have stayed longer. We were travelling with our three young daughters.The riad is an oasis or calm and style in the madness of the medina and as soon as you walk in the door you can relax. The real bonus at this riad is Abdu who from the moment he meets you from your taxi takes you under his wing and looks after you like you are family. I have never felt so welcome or so relaxed in a hotel before, and can't wait to go again. Do arrange for the staff to cook for you as the food is fantastic and it is so relaxing to dine in the courtyard after a long day shopping (Abdu even organised a lovely cake as it was my birthday!) Our girls loved staying in the riad, loved dipping in the pool. loved their 'cool' room and especially loved Abdu (and his birthday bear!) We will return.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank guyvp3003
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Have just spent a long weekend at the Riad Cinnamon. We just could not fault it. We felt thoroughly pampered. We were collected from the airport by a lovely driver who pointed out all the places of interest on the way to the Riad. We were met from the taxi and taken to our Riad (would never have found it by ourselves as you quickly get lost down all the narrow streets) Our room was perfect ,beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. Food in the Riad is excellent definately worth booking a meal, I would say the standard was as good if not better than any top quality restaurant and excellent value for money.

We were given a mobile phone on arrival and told to use it if we got lost and they would either direct us back over the phone or come to find us. Luckily we didn't need it but it was reassuring to have. The staff are fantastic and couldn't do enough for you.

So all in all if you want to have a special weekend this place is a real treat.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank suebristol9
London
Reviewed May 26, 2011

Riad Cinnamon couldn't have been more welcoming. It's a small Riad and the rooms are lovely. Good roof terrace and honestly the best Lamb Tagine we had the whole time in Morrocco.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 2, 2011

We stayed four nights in this beautiful Raid. Its about a 15 inute walk to the main square and easy to get lost but I expect all the Raid's in town are the same. The pool was smaller than I imagined and in the end I didn't get a chance to use it as it wasnt warm enough. The pool isn't heated! Also I thought they could offer a better breakfast considering it is not cheap to stay there and really just one egg and a pancake is not value for money. It was nice that they serve it anywhere or anytime, although this does mean not before 7.30am as we missed breakfast one day when we had to go on a trip as the cooks do not arrive until later. It did feel safe and welcoming and it was nice to be given a mobile in case we got lost or into trouble which luckily didn't happen to us. If you are happy to pay the price then this is a nice, quiet place to stay (except for the close mosque which woke us up a 5am) although I think you have to stay out of town to be far from a mosque in this city. The jasmine oil burnt in the rooms was my favourtite. Thanks for a lovely stay!

Room Tip: Go to the Maison Arabe for a Hammam. Amazing ;-)
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rosandros
Sussex
Reviewed April 27, 2011

It was the first trip to Marrakech for me and my six friends (my hen weekend) so I wanted to find somewhere great to stay in the Medina. I chose well! With so many riads to choose from, it's hard to decide, but after lots of research I decided on Riad Cinnamon. We all loved it! Abdou and all the staff at the riad were fantastic - nothing was too much trouble. We were even escorted by Hassan to our cookery course to make sure we didn't get lost en route. The rooms are beautiful, the decor and furniture just perfect and the roof terrace is perfect for breakfast or a late afternoon chill-out session (with a glass of wine!). Breakfast consists of a very small bowl of fruit salad, local bread, an egg dish and a little extra something each day (mini pancake etc.) - a tasty treat indeed. We also had an evening meal at the riad on our first night which was delicious and highly recommended. The riad is located in the heart of the medina and perfect for exploring the souks and visiting the sights. The souks are a maze so be prepared to either get lost or be very good at remembering every little turn you take! Bartering is a must in the souks and as a general rule, offer around 1/4 - 1/3 of their original asking price for anything you fancy buying. We attended a cookery course at Maison Arabe which was fabulous. They also have an amazing spa/hamman which we all enjoyed. Overall we all had a fabulous time in Marrakech and at Riad Cinnamon and would love to go back soon. It's hard to find fault with our accommodation. If I was being incredibly picky, I'd have to say that, for me, the beds are a touch too firm (I had to lay on top of the duvet to make it more comfortable) and I'd suggest they keep a spare stash of loo roll in the bathrooms! Other than that, a perfect stay. A big thanks to Abdou and all the team at Riad Cinnamon.

Room Tip: Go for Casablanca or Meknes suites!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank catgal29
hertfordshire
Reviewed April 26, 2011

This was our third trip to Marrakech , we had never had the pleasure of staying in a riad. It was unlike any of our other trips and we felt so apart of the culture and warmth of its people.
We were not dissapointed, in fact Riad cinnamon was a wonderful surprise, the attention to detail from our warm welcome and the lovely tagine we ate on the first night (probably the best we had) the suites are surprisingly large and quite lavish.
Abdou, Hakim and Hassan were always on hand if we needed anything from an escort to a restaurant in the evening, booking trips or just our general welfare.
Breakfast was always something we looked forward to, the girls presented us with something different almost every day, delicious home made breads and pancakes dripping with locally produced honey, yummy!
The whole place had a wonderfully relaxed feeling , we often sat on the roof terrace with a book and a glass of mint tea listening to the call of prayer and watching the sun setting, truly magical.
There is so much to see and do in Marrakech we are planning our next trip and hope to stay at their sister Riad, Pappillon which is very near to Cinnamon.
A truly unforgettable experience.

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple