“Difficult to find but well worth the hunt!”
Review of Souk Kafe

Souk Kafe
Ranked #41 of 918 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Moroccan, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Marrakech Souk Kafe is a great place for snacks and refreshments, located near the museum of Marrakech and the Ben Youssef Madrasa, the menu offers traditional Moroccan cuisine and other specialities of the city. Tagines, couscous, pastries are just some the dishes on offer, meals can also be served on the patio or terrace with views of the city.
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We came here for dinner last night after reading reviews on here. It was a mission to find but the friendly locals pointed us in the right direction and we got there in the end. First impression - lovely live Moroccan music, beautiful terrace, friendly waiter! The food was delicious and in generous servings!! We had chicken pastilla, kofta tagine with eggs, chicken brochettes and chicken cous cous. It was all really tasty and I will definitely be going back for more. My only complaint about the food was the Harissa was very very very salty!! I also had a flying babouche (drink) which is dark green and I was like oh god what have I ordered! But it was delicious!!

Negatives -The stairs are really steep and horrible to climb so if you have limited mobility bear that in mind. The wifi didn't work, I don't know if it was because I was too far from the router, but I had two bars of wifi signal. There were no steaks on the menu (this is advertised as being a steakhouse as well as Moroccan cuisine).

Just to say that I ticked the no box for is this the best meal I've Hardin a restaurant ever. I have eaten in many restaurants and although it's up there, it's not the best I've ever been to. But I would still recommend it!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Best chicken pastilla we had in Marrakech. The chicken tagine and chicken with filo dough also stood out. All the food was traditional and well executed, not a single bad dish out of seven that we had. The roof deck was a lovely place for lunch high above the hustle and bustle of the souk below. Everything was first rate, except perhaps for the smoothies, which were a bit too watery and thin.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

The restaurant is nice. It has a rooftop with comfy seats.
I highly recommend the merguez et kefta couscous. It comes with 6 Moroccan sausages (merguez), boiled veggies and a (mild) spicy broth to add to mix with the couscous. It's delicious.
I also tasted the tanjia marrakdia, it was good but I had better in a food stall (check my other reviews on Marrakesh).
Attentive staff.
Prices are increasing due the popularity on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We ate at this lovely cafe twice for dinner. Once we dined on the rooftop terrace and the next we were inside and wonderful musicians were playing.

The food is stunning. In particular the pastille traditionale, yum!!!!

Staff was very friendly.

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

We came here to eat after having henna tattoo at a nearby cafe and were not disappointed. Was able to watch sunset from roof terrace. However we went in December when it can get a little chilly at night so Later moved inside and were given a booth with a heater which was very cosy. Staff were attentive and food was tasty and with very generous portions. We had 1 set menu between 2 and have to say it was the best value meal we had during our stay and more than enough to share. The starter included six small dishes so a great way to sample the menu. All were delicious! For main we had a beef tajine which wasn't as good but still fine. After desert they brought out Moroccan tea with pastries and these were also delicious. Restaurant is very clean too with good service. Well worth a visit. just plan your route on a map beforehand because as with most places in Marrakech, roads are small and unsignposted so sometimes difficult to find. One of our favorites.