“Nice enough place when you can get here”
Review of Souk Kafe

Souk Kafe
Ranked #41 of 894 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Moroccan, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Couldn't find it last night so went to Un Dejuener a Marrakech (see my review) which is handier to Fna, and tastier with a nicer terrace at about the same price. Beef tangine 'Marrakechia' fairly bland, as were my kebabs. Pleasant place with nice live music. Directions on their business carc (photo sumitted with review :)

There are newer reviews for Souk Kafe

Reviewed July 4, 2013

A bit difficult to find, but worth the effort. I had some lovely Moroccan pastries and my partner had the lamb tagine. It wasn't too expensive and both dishes were excellent. The terrace is an oasis of calm, not far from the souks.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We escaped the souk here a couple of times. It is the perfect place for a refreshing break. Free wifi, nice roof terrace. Clean bathroom. The iced mint tea was refreshing and very minty. Great place to get your strength back before heading out for more shopping or site seeing.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I found this place thanks to the scored of positive reviews about it from other intrepid travelers who found themselves dodging the souks to arrive at this cafe's unassuming entrance. Once you ascend the steps to the terrace, you are worlds apart from the chaos below. We settled into a nice sofa-like thing with a nice view, and based on reviews I went straight for the 100 Dhr menu.

Simply awesome.

Moroccan soup came and was pretty tasty, but the real treat was the chicken tajine. Yes, yes, you've probably had 10,000 tajines by now, but this one is great. The sauce was quite thickly reduced and therefore very flavorful, the chicken moist and very tasty. This was served with some bread if I remember correctly, some dates, and followed by a fruit salad of oranges with cinnamon and finally a coffee (or mint tea). Suffice to say I was full and very satisfied - I kept looking at the bill in disbelief that that whole meal cost me around 11 Euros (with my large water and orange juice).

My friend got the 160 Dhr menu, which had a different, more exotic sampler of Moroccan mezes as a starter (mostly veg I believe, all very good) , and finished with a large bowl of quite good ice cream. Might be worth a shot if soup isn't your thing.

All in all, good setting, and attentive service with a smile. Just go there. Quit thinking about it, quit analyzing the map, just go. Now.

2  Thank milehighdisco
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Relaxed place with live music. Pives with bread nice starter. We both had our first tagines which were great. Sit up the top if you can

1  Thank Peter H