“Hidden gem in the souks”
Review of Souk Kafe

Souk Kafe
Ranked #43 of 929 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Moroccan, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Marrakech Souk Kafe is a great place for snacks and refreshments, located near the museum of Marrakech and the Ben Youssef Madrasa, the menu offers traditional Moroccan cuisine and other specialities of the city. Tagines, couscous, pastries are just some the dishes on offer, meals can also be served on the patio or terrace with views of the city.
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is a great cafe! We got lost trying to find it (of course) and ended up getting conned by a little boy... oh well! But we made it. We went to the terrace upstairs which was beautiful. A great view and so relaxing after our somewhat hectic day in the souks. The food was delicious although my friend suffered very bad food poisoning from it which was so unfortunate as it was so good! I just had a big load of ice cream and seemed to be fine so must have been the dish she chose. Anyway wouldn't take away from how lovely the location and interior of this place is.... brilliant!

Reviewed August 11, 2012

The Souk Kafe was a recommendation from a friend- which I'm now incredibly grateful for.

My partner and I visited this restaurant twice during our stay, and were extremely well fed each time. I would recommend getting the 160 dirhams menu which is great value- though Fred practically had to roll me back to our riad because I was so full. I had moroccan salads for starter- which consisted of things like potato salad, gorgeous lentils, aubergines etc. I then had tagine Makfoul (slow cooked beef with caramelised onions), which was absolutely delicious- I am still dreaming of it! I then had date sorbet and chocolate ice cream, followed by coffee.

The terrace is pretty, and has lovely ambience. The owner is a charming man who gave us great unobtrusive service.

Thank you very much for two beautiful meals. Bon chance!

3  Thank Rachel D
Reviewed August 9, 2012

located in the Medina, very good place to have lunch or dinner on the terrace.

Marrocan food, very good, home made at very affordable prices

Alcohol not allowed but don't miss the place

Tajine, couscous, meat, Kefta, Salads.......

One of the best place of marrakech for dinner

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Went to this resturant twice while I visited Morocco. Loved it, wish it was closer as I would have gone everyday!

Had the Tagine Makfoul, was lamb with tomatoes and onions. My fav dish I had in Morocco. Had some pastries with vegetables and meat as starters were tasty although very greesey. Had to tissue out the greese literally but very tasty esp the vegetables. They have a variety of different Tangines depending what you like chicken, lamb, sweet, spicey etc.

There was only one member of staff I saw both times he was so friendly and polite. On my second visit he saw me playing with some ornaments and a bottle holder and as I was leaving he gave me this bottle cooler for free.

The resturant consist of 2 floors. Can eat upstairs which is outside, really nice in the evening as it is nice cool and quiet. The layout and furniture is quite stylish and Moroccan themed.

The service was excellent and fast. They also make some fresh juices/cocktails which my friends seemed to love! The resturant is really hard to find but as you go in the souks just ask someone to direct you and they will even walk you directly outside and of course it is Morocco so they will charge you lol. Just give them a few dirham and tell them to go. The food was amazing would def go again. My mouth is watering from remembering the tagine lol.

Overall was excellent service, good food and really cheap price. Tagine was about 80 dhm which is about 6 pound!

Hope that helps :-)

1  Thank Alia_Khan
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Restaurant is in the middle of the souk so the location is an experience by itself. You can also lunch on the terrace which is a refreshing experience specially if you go there after you walked around for a few hours.

We both got a vegetarian cous cous and was good although not special. Vegetables were well cooked and so the cous cous but I don't think that the broth was particularly tasty.

Average cous cous but in a friendly and cosy atmosphere. The bill is inexpensive (around 10 euro per person.)