“Simply incredible!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 505 Hotels in Marrakech
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Simply incredible!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

A little haven of peace amidst the chaos of Marrakech - so close to the centre, yet once you are inside it was so chilled and relaxed. Corinne and every single one of her team were so welcoming and the service was simply perfect. The entire riad was decorated beautifully, and the room I stayed in (Simply Red) was a lovely size. The food in the riad was delicious, and the hammam, spa and massage from Fatima simply amazing! There is no question, if I were to return to Marrakech, I would stay at this riad.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank mini_adventure_caz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Friendly hostess and staff, the riad is well situated in the souks (but impossible to find in the evening), lovely music and decoration. On the downside, my room (green) was small - nearly all the space taken up by the bed. It was cold, too, and the small electric heater that was provided to me, cut short the electricity supply in the whole road, so was not possible to use. The breakfast consisted mostly of toasted white bread so that 2 hours later I was hungry. Information on things to do was provided, but mostly there were recommendation on restaurants. Call the tourism office and book a group guide to souks! I came across the groups, and the guides seemed to be very well educated and informed. Generally, 4 full days are more than enough to see the place. Avoid the Square for food, try Cafe des Epices for fresh european-style sandwiches.

Room Tip: Take the one on the top with the terasse: the room is still small but you will have the same size sp...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank EkaterinaVS
Lummen, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We (my husband and I) arrived late on Friday evening at the airport and had a quick transfer to the Riad, where someone of the staff was waiting for us in the street.. He guided us toward the Riad (which we couldn't have found without his help). On arrival, Corinne welcomed us with mint tea, while our bags were brought to our room.. Afterwards, Corinne showed us our room (the Nirvana suite), which was nicely decorated with rose leaves on the bed and in the bath room.. The nice thing about the Nirvana suite is that you have a private terrass on top of the house.
That evening, we had dinner at the Riad, which was splendid. Because it was so late, we were all alone in the small dining room . The room has a small fireplace, which was very cosy and made our dinner very relaxing.
Corinne gave us a small program of things we could do on Saturday..
The staff is very friendly and helpful and with questions on what to do, you can always ask Corinne. Breakfast was good and served on the terrass. On Sunday evening we had again dinner at the Riad, which was as good as on Friday.
We also had a spa treatment with hamman, scrub and massage. I have to say that we both had the best massage, we ever had abroad.
If you'd ask us to go again, we would say absolutely 'yes"!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Inez003
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

What a lovely experience!!!

We had a truly fantastic time in Marrakech mainly due to Corinne and her staff at Riad Cocoon.
Upon arrival we were greeted with a warm welcome with a tour around the Riad, mint tea and we were also shown around the local area ( where the musee signs were, and the direction of where the souks were etc)
We also had dinner in the Riad on the first night and corrine sat down with us and recommended various museums, day trips, restaurants etc. This was extremely helpful as we hadn't brought a guide book with us!
The Riad itself is beautiful, we stayed in the Green Eyes room which was adequate for our needs and a lot bigger than the pictures on the website, really happy with our choice. If We had more money to spend then I would upgrade to the purple haze or Nirvana room as they looked lovely and that bit bigger.

Breakfast was relaxed and they served it until 11am which suited us perfectly, after all we were on holiday!

We stayed for 5 days and spent a lot of our time relaxing, but I personally think you could do Marrakech in 3/5 days.

The only thing negative I have to say about Marrakech is that you get a lot of the locals offering to take you to places, then you start walking and they demand money off you which can be pretty intimidating. Just keep your wits about you and say no thank you.

Anyway I can't reiterate enough how great Corinne, Tariq, Simo and the rest of the team were, I believe they made our trip to Marrakech that bit special, I would recommend Riad Cocoon to everyone.

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely, if you can afford to upgrade I would stay in the Nirvana, but we stayed in...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mcollins1980
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I really believe we found the perfect riad in Marrakech, we have nothing bad to say.

Even before we left home the great service started as they emailed to arrange our airport transfers and offer us dinner on our first night. At the airport we were greeted by the friendly hotel driver who gave us a quick tour of Marrakech on the way back to the riad.
Arriving at the riad, we were offered mint tea and Morrocan pastries. We stayed in the Nirvana suite which comes with its own private terrace. Well worth it. The ipod dock and DVD player are lovely touches as are the ipod mixes to suit your mood/time of day etc.
The riad is spotlessly clean and finished to a high standard with beautiful decor. Food at the restaurant comes in generous portions and is bursting with flavour. We took the opportunity to have a hammam and massage at the riad itself, which was relaxing and invigorating, with reasonable prices and packages on offer.
In terms of location, this riad does not falter here either. A short walk from the main square, "La Place" and an even shorter walk from the Northern part of the souks. The riad staff will even walk with you and make sure you head in the right direction! Taxis are not a problem as they order them for you, walk you to the taxi and make sure you get a good price. The main museum and Ben Youssef mosque are close by as well. We felt safe in this area, even walking around late at night.
The riad staff are a great source of knowledge about things to do in the area and will make an extra effort to make your trip worthwhile. They created an itinerary and organised everything for us to go camel trekking just outside of Marrakech.

Essentially, the perfect place to stay. Everything has been well thought out. Reasonably priced, great location and relaxing, luxurious atmosphere. But most of all, what makes this place special is the staff. They made us feel truly special by going above and beyond, without ever seeming interfering. Just perfect.

Room Tip: Highly recommend paying a little extra for the Nirvana suite. The private terrace is well worth it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Munich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I was travelling alone to Marrakesh to spend some time with me, myself and I, to relax and to find calm. As I am a Lounge Music lover, the Riad Cocoon attracted me immediately as it is clearly different from other "classicals" Riads in Marrakesh (it was my third visit to the town).

Riad Cocoon is the perfect mix between a French boutique hotel and a Riad with Moroccan style elements - just loved it. The sun terrace and its view is amazing. The Riad is extremely clean, light music is accompanying the visitor the whole day and the food is excellent and authentic moroccan.

The staff is very discrete and I felt always comfortable during my stay "all alone" as a woman.

Corinne is an excellent host and was taking care of me before, during and after my stay - and she was exactly listening to what I was looking for.

I also had a Hammam and massage treatment, which was good and can be recommended without any doubts.

Looking forward to come back soon!

Room Tip: I had the Simply Red Room - perfect for a Single Night, but might be uncomfortable for a couple / fr...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We spent three nights in the riad and have enjoyed every minute of it. It felt like an oasis so close to Djemaa el Fna - the hub of Marrakech. We were very happy to have found a riad so close to the square and since it is just round the corner of a museum it is very easy to find your way back, even at night. On the first evening we had booked the hamam and since it was our first time ever - were utterly surprised by this wonderful experience and the hot water clouds which lulled us into a cozy and relaxed mind. Afterwards we could recline and chill on the roof terrace while waiting for the massage. We liked the room and bed very much, especially the bathroom which used the small space perfectly with its pleasant design and organisation of it. Corinne, the French owner, treated us more like friends than guests and we felt more than welcomed. She organised dinner reservations for us and the restaurants she recommended were very well chosen. She had even organised that the two of us together with two other guests from the riad (also two women) were accompanied back to the riad through the darkness!
Although the riad is very small we did not feel bothered by other guests. Corinne's staff was ever so friendly and helpful. We would always come back and stay with Corinne.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends