“Nice located” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Terrasse des Epices

La Terrasse des Epices
Ranked #55 of 758 Restaurants in Marrakech
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Edinburgh
“Nice located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Easy to find, not the best restaurant but why not for lunch, it was ok, but only once, we've prefered small local restaurants cheaper and more authentic.

Visited October 2012

northumberland
“An oasis in the souks”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stopped here for a drink after following the souk trail in the Frommers Marrakech day by day book. Stopped for two coffees and jus citron e orange and husband had the tiramisu. Cannot fault any of what we had. Menu boards seemed extensive for a cafe, displayed on a portable blackboard brought to your table. Sort of place that encourages you to chill out, relax and take your time. Saw some people lying down in the large booths making a day of it. Good place to take photos of sun setting overlooking roofs of marrakech. Two sides of the terrace seemed to overlook undeveloped areas but you could see the dyers souk and silks hanging out to dry. Worth a brief visit during the souk trail.

• 3 of 5 stars
Corfu, Greece
“very good but chilly in the winter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

had a lovely evening if not a bit chilly because it is located on a terrace and in the winter time during the night the temperature drops significantly.the food was very tasty and the prices reasonable for foreigners but quite expensive for locals so expect to see a 90% tourist clientelle.the staff were also ok but beware not to expect the bill at your table as you pay at a cashier by the stairs.

NYC
“Terrible Food, Poor Service, Overpriced - Tourist Trap”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

My husband and I ate lunch here today. My first impression was:
Everyone here is a tourist, or maybe local young trying to be fashionable. This set off alarm bells as generally you are paying for a scene (and frequently for me a scene I DO NOT think is cool) and the food and service will be poor and overpriced.

So, unfortunately this was the case. I ordered a green salad (granted it was not on the menu and the waitress said it could be done - they have a Ceasar but I didnt want the Ceasar dressing, so I said green and balsamic olive oil dressing please). They sent me a plate of soggy iceberg lettuce. We have eaten excellent salad greens in Marrakech, so I knew this meant their kitchen is not of a great standard. My husband ordered their mixed salad plate and it was terrible too - the carrots spiced with cumin but no subtlety (slightly bitter with no other flavor), eggplant that was sub-par and some potato that was just fine. I sent the salad back and said dont bother with another (I realized if both our starters were poor, it wasnt going to get better a second time around).

Next our main courses. My husband and I were starving. he left half of his chicken cous cous behind, it was so underwhelming. I left 3/4 of my Tagine of lamb behind. The meat was tough, the sauce was mostly just sweet & a bit salty with very little else in terms of flavor. I had ordered rice, it came only after I reminded the waitress then a waiter, 3 times, When it came it was old rice reheated in a microwave, it was still hard and had a strange smell. The meal was so bad that at this point I just gave up. I ate a total of 3 bites, then we paid and left. It was expensive too - my Tagine was the equivalent of US$25, plus the rice was extra. The soggy salad was US$10.

Also a small note - this place is meant ot be cool and of course cool is very subjective, but I want to say that I find this whole style of place tacky and tired. It is full of tourists, who knows from where, and some young not very sophisticated looking locals. It has a Miami meets Marrakech vibe that is also a bit worn around the edges and not luxurious. It's a pity, the roof deck is nice, but with such crap food and tired design and concept, it was grating to my sense of aesthetics and failed to sate my appetitie, PLUS it was expensive.

DONT BOTHER.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank AlastairCookieNYC
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely rooftop terrace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

A great find, funky roof top terrace with great vibe and tasty food. We went back there twice in four days because it was nice and relaxed and prices were really reasonable. Definitely worth a visit.