“My home in Marrakech”

Ranked #836 of 1,154 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Marrakech, Morocco
“My home in Marrakech”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I stayed at Amour de Riad for more than two weeks as I was working with some doctors at the city hospital. Jaafar and Hussein who run the hostel are WONDERFUL and could not be more accommodating and friendly. Hasna and Meryem were also so great. Traveling as a single woman, it felt great to have Hussein or Jaafar offer to accompany me anytime I arrived back at Djemaa el Fna when it was later in the evening. I honestly was made to feel so at home at Amour de Riad.

On top of the amazing staff, the riad is in a great location and attracts great people. The next time I am in Marrakech I will definitely be back and I would recommend the riad to anyone!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Great location in Medina. Very friendly staff, specialy Hussain who swapped my room after first night having a very small single room. Good breakfast served from 8.30 am A little bit too late specially when you are going fome kind of excursions in the morning.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Valencia, Spain
Reviewed July 22, 2013

first of all , biiig thanks to all the staff , i felt brother of all of them , thank a lot to meryem , hiba , lahoucine , jaafar and hasna , i really miss every moment that i past there , it was a very very good experience , i can even say it was the best , i hope that can be repeated , thanks also to the owner , Olivier , was a special man , the ambiance was like a dream , something really so so good and full of love , peopl are helpful , giving informations , helping without hesitating
...... thanks a lot

Room Tip: discover it , u'll never regret
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank khalid a
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 5, 2013

very good location, in a quite street near the square. Very accommodating owners. breakfast provided every morning of bread, roti, jam and juice, very simple. quite cool tempreture inside and nice sitting area up the top. good for the price. however there was a smell coming from the pipes that wasnt very plesant. but other than that was great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Staplefield, West Sussex
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This Riad was so tranquil and welcoming: we were apprehensive after making our way through the chaotic, heaving Jemaa El Fna, but as soon as we stepped into the courtyard we felt more relaxed. The staff were all lovely; the breakfast ladies were very nice and Lahoucine was friendly and helpful. People should probably know that the rooms on the first floor have a bathroom which is only separated from the bedroom by a curtain! Saying that, the decoration is amazing and the whole place is very clean. Yes, in the hot weather, the drains can smell a little bit, but no worse than a hostel in Spain or France, and those rooms weren't as good value! The place is really clean, and the staff are completely trustworthy, which I value a lot more.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor are quiet and comfortable. You don't get the noise from people comi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Sorrento, Campania, Italy
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This was not like any other type of place I had ever stayed in. First of all it was very cheap and the staff was very friendly. I found that only the owner himself spoke english, but his mother speaks only Arabic, although this was not that big of a deal because she just smiles and offers free tea. The riad itself was very clean and I payed for a single and it was a little small but did the job. There was a fan and a window in my room for the very warm evenings, which was every night. The location was great, right in Medina and close the main square. I would recommend this if you want a true Moroccan experience and a nice place to stay

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Justin S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 6, 2012

I only stayed in this Riad for one night, before I flew home. I didn't want to spend a lot of money whilst I stopped over for a night (stayed in Riad Medina Azahara before I went to Essaouira and stayed in Riad Etoile De Mogador - both great) and it did the job.

If you need somewhere cheap, clean and pretty with fellow travellers this is the place. However it is really small and has a "crammed" feeling. I would not feel happy spending my full holiday here. Roof top terrace and location good though.

Additionally, it was INCREDIBLY hot in my room. I had stayed in rooms without air con my whole trip (Sept 2011) and I'd never experienced anything like this. I felt like I was burning alive in a sauna - with the fan only making it worse and circulating hot air!

If you're looking for a nice stopover I would recommend this place, but not for a full blown holiday.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple