“great , unforgatable days” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amour de Riad

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Amour de Riad
You added Amour de Riad to your Saves list
Ranked #715 of 1,171 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Valencia, Spain
“great , unforgatable days”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

first of all , biiig thanks to all the staff , i felt brother of all of them , thank a lot to meryem , hiba , lahoucine , jaafar and hasna , i really miss every moment that i past there , it was a very very good experience , i can even say it was the best , i hope that can be repeated , thanks also to the owner , Olivier , was a special man , the ambiance was like a dream , something really so so good and full of love , peopl are helpful , giving informations , helping without hesitating
...... thanks a lot

Room Tip: discover it , u'll never regret
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank khalid a

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

very good location, in a quite street near the square. Very accommodating owners. breakfast provided every morning of bread, roti, jam and juice, very simple. quite cool tempreture inside and nice sitting area up the top. good for the price. however there was a smell coming from the pipes that wasnt very plesant. but other than that was great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Staplefield, West Sussex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

This Riad was so tranquil and welcoming: we were apprehensive after making our way through the chaotic, heaving Jemaa El Fna, but as soon as we stepped into the courtyard we felt more relaxed. The staff were all lovely; the breakfast ladies were very nice and Lahoucine was friendly and helpful. People should probably know that the rooms on the first floor have a bathroom which is only separated from the bedroom by a curtain! Saying that, the decoration is amazing and the whole place is very clean. Yes, in the hot weather, the drains can smell a little bit, but no worse than a hostel in Spain or France, and those rooms weren't as good value! The place is really clean, and the staff are completely trustworthy, which I value a lot more.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor are quiet and comfortable. You don't get the noise from people comi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Sorrento, Campania, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

This was not like any other type of place I had ever stayed in. First of all it was very cheap and the staff was very friendly. I found that only the owner himself spoke english, but his mother speaks only Arabic, although this was not that big of a deal because she just smiles and offers free tea. The riad itself was very clean and I payed for a single and it was a little small but did the job. There was a fan and a window in my room for the very warm evenings, which was every night. The location was great, right in Medina and close the main square. I would recommend this if you want a true Moroccan experience and a nice place to stay

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Justin S
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

I only stayed in this Riad for one night, before I flew home. I didn't want to spend a lot of money whilst I stopped over for a night (stayed in Riad Medina Azahara before I went to Essaouira and stayed in Riad Etoile De Mogador - both great) and it did the job.

If you need somewhere cheap, clean and pretty with fellow travellers this is the place. However it is really small and has a "crammed" feeling. I would not feel happy spending my full holiday here. Roof top terrace and location good though.

Additionally, it was INCREDIBLY hot in my room. I had stayed in rooms without air con my whole trip (Sept 2011) and I'd never experienced anything like this. I felt like I was burning alive in a sauna - with the fan only making it worse and circulating hot air!

If you're looking for a nice stopover I would recommend this place, but not for a full blown holiday.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
Lucerne, Switzerland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

Most people we met here had no problems with the riad. Us and the other couple on the ground floor disliked it. The rooms were directly next to the staff room, living room and kitchen. No privacy, lots of noise and windowless rooms. The main problem was the bathroom, which had possibly the worst smelling drain we've experienced across 5 continents. The shower also flooded the entire bathroom and actually flooded the other couples room. Breakfast was useless, a far superior breakfast could be had for 10 Dirham in the medina. The only positives are the cheap price by Marrakech, not Moroccan standards and the location near the square. Overall, the poorest accommodation we paid for in Morocco.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travel G
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

I stayed in this riad for 4 nights and really enjoyed. I did not book in advance just because i descided to stay in Marrakech for 4 nights more i went to look for another accomodation for myself. I rang the bell and step into the calmness, Husein who works there and the 2 ladies they were very nice and welcoming so i did not hesitate to stay with them in my last days in Marrakech.
I found the price very good as well. I have payed 3 x more for an another riad for 7 nights and was quite happy to get the same even better quality for less money.
Room was small but for 1 person who spend the days out or on the roof is more than enough. Toilet and shower were on the corridor but always very clean.Only one thing could have been a bit better this is the matrasse on my bed, it was not very comfortable whenever i moved made funny noise and in the morning i got up with back pain.I think it would be really helpful to change the mattrasses in the single rooms, otherwise my general opinion is this is a very lovely riad with very helpful and welcoming staffs and i will definetely turn back because the location was excellent for me as well.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo