WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Did the job” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Amour de Riad

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Amour de Riad
Ranked #816 of 1,186 Marrakech B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Did the job”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2012

I only stayed in this Riad for one night, before I flew home. I didn't want to spend a lot of money whilst I stopped over for a night (stayed in Riad Medina Azahara before I went to Essaouira and stayed in Riad Etoile De Mogador - both great) and it did the job.

If you need somewhere cheap, clean and pretty with fellow travellers this is the place. However it is really small and has a "crammed" feeling. I would not feel happy spending my full holiday here. Roof top terrace and location good though.

Additionally, it was INCREDIBLY hot in my room. I had stayed in rooms without air con my whole trip (Sept 2011) and I'd never experienced anything like this. I felt like I was burning alive in a sauna - with the fan only making it worse and circulating hot air!

If you're looking for a nice stopover I would recommend this place, but not for a full blown holiday.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
Lucerne, Switzerland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2011

Most people we met here had no problems with the riad. Us and the other couple on the ground floor disliked it. The rooms were directly next to the staff room, living room and kitchen. No privacy, lots of noise and windowless rooms. The main problem was the bathroom, which had possibly the worst smelling drain we've experienced across 5 continents. The shower also flooded the entire bathroom and actually flooded the other couples room. Breakfast was useless, a far superior breakfast could be had for 10 Dirham in the medina. The only positives are the cheap price by Marrakech, not Moroccan standards and the location near the square. Overall, the poorest accommodation we paid for in Morocco.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travel G
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

I stayed in this riad for 4 nights and really enjoyed. I did not book in advance just because i descided to stay in Marrakech for 4 nights more i went to look for another accomodation for myself. I rang the bell and step into the calmness, Husein who works there and the 2 ladies they were very nice and welcoming so i did not hesitate to stay with them in my last days in Marrakech.
I found the price very good as well. I have payed 3 x more for an another riad for 7 nights and was quite happy to get the same even better quality for less money.
Room was small but for 1 person who spend the days out or on the roof is more than enough. Toilet and shower were on the corridor but always very clean.Only one thing could have been a bit better this is the matrasse on my bed, it was not very comfortable whenever i moved made funny noise and in the morning i got up with back pain.I think it would be really helpful to change the mattrasses in the single rooms, otherwise my general opinion is this is a very lovely riad with very helpful and welcoming staffs and i will definetely turn back because the location was excellent for me as well.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Erika7419
Kassel, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2011

A very friendly and lovely place! The rooms are clean and the hostel was renvated lately. The young team that manages the hostel is very nice, helpful and always open for a chat. For breafast they serve fresh orange juice, coffee, bread and marmalade. We felt very save and welcome. If you want to go on an excursion, the hostel cooperates with Atlas Trekking, a reliable agency for excursions in High Atlas mountains or the desert.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with windows
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Anne S
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

Riad is an excellant location only minutes from the main sqaure. The alleyway leading to the Riad is dark and i wouldnt recommend it for solo female travellers because of this.
Our room number 4 was on the first floor on the outer wall which overlooked the alley-this meant it was noisy at night with people shouting and running along the alley.
The room was small and the bed was very creaky.
Bathroom ok but shower tray flooded.

Staff were very friendly and breakfast consisted of bread, honey and pancakes with coffee which was good.

Overall an average stay and good value for money.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank channii70
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2011

I enjoyed staying here, it was clean and fairly comfortable, the most important aspects of somewhere to sleep. It's not luxurious, but pleasant and good if you're on a budget.

My only issue if with one of the workers who harassed me when I stayed there, despite me dressing conservatively. Staying with my friend and her mother I felt fairly safe, but if I was a lone traveller I would have felt quite anxious and probably wouldn't have stayed longer than a night.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Smashers999
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2010

We stayed for 4 nights in total here and it was basic but affordable. A good place to stay if you're just looking for a cheap central place to stay. However, as the other reviewer mentioned you might want to bring your own towel! The one supplied was a hand towel.
Also, most importantly for female travellers, I was harassed by one of the hotel staff, a man, who gave me a bit of unwanted attention and wouldn't take no for an answer. For this reason I personally wouldn't go back to this riad. I'd recommend it, though, if you want somewhere cheap and central and clean to stay.

• Stayed November 2010