“Well kept happy camels”

Ranked #253 of 898 Tours in Marrakech
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located 11 km away from Marrakech, Maroc Loisirs offers horses & camels rides, buggy and quad bike treks in the surroundings of Marrakech and in the Atlas mountains on a base with heated bowls and ping pong restaurant pool.Morocco recently recreation also offers guest rooms with stunning views of the Atlas.
Reviewed April 29, 2012

After reading several reviews on the condition of the camels we decided to book a camel ride with Maroc Loisirs. It was all booked via email, and the day before I received a call to ensure it was all OK. They collected us from our hotel and drove us to their complex. We were very warmly received and made to feel at home straight away. The driver had been 10 minutes late picking us up (this was not a problem), however, to make it up to us we got drinks and a snack on the house whilst we sat by the pool awaiting the arrival of another couple.

As well as the camels they also had a riding school. The horses were in brilliant condition (better than many riding schools I have been to in the UK) and a group of kids appeared to be thoroughly enjoying the lessons.

Once the other couple arrived we were introduced to the "beasts"! There was no spitting or grumpiness as I imagined. As a matter of fact they quite enjoyed a bit of fuss! Once we were all mounted and photos taken we set off into the palmeries. Our guide lead the first camel whilst the others were attached to each other. It was nice and relaxing, however, being a bit of an adrenalin junky I was expecting a faster pace (or at least control of my own camel). After about 10 minutes I was finding it a bit boring as there wasn't much to see (although very relaxing). However, after 30 minutes or so we arrived into a little village where we stopped for a break. We were invited into a locals house where we enjoyed mint tea and pancakes. It was quite an eye opener seeing how basic people's homes are, yet they were so welcoming. This is when the trip started to get interesting and really started to enjoy myself.

After the break we set off and walked through the village where we were greeted by kids running out to greet us. It was quite sad to see how some of the people live, and really made me aware of how lucky I am.

I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone. The staff were fantastic and had we remembered to bring our bathing costumes we would have been able to relax by the pool! The tea break was definite the highlight for me and I was pleased to see that all the animals were in such good condition!

11  Thank Meitiner

Reviewed April 9, 2012

Great location, great staff, fabulous horses and camels make the less than atmospheric hacking location worth it! Would have gone back again and again if we had time. hacked out on fab horses and then my teen daughter spent time in the school cantering and working great arab stallion. Loved it!

1  Thank ChrisDAberdeen
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Did the half day quad biking. Had a really good time. Staff were all very friendly and professional. The office/ resort was stunning with a nice pool and stables aplenty.

Quads were in good condition and could generate decent speeds. Half way through the day we stopped at a local persons house for some mint tea and pastries with honey which was a much needed hydration and energy boost!

Highly recommended.

1  Thank Marwan A
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We had booked a Camel trek for the morning, which was amazing. When we finished the Camel trek, we decided to stay around the area for a little while because it was paradise. the pool was gorgeous and it was such a nice day. Then we decided to have lunch there, which was delicious and we then lounged around for a little while before deciding to do the quad tour, which was also amazing. We ended up staying the entire day at Maroc Loisirs and would have stayed longer. All of the staff were fantastic and so nice. I would highly recommend both the half day camel and quad to make a full day of it. And bring a bathing suit!

9  Thank B F
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Absolutely excellent quad biking across the countryside outside Marrakech. Very experienced guides. Safety a priority. Wonderful tea stop at a family home along the way.

6  Thank SheryleMoon