WINNER WONDERLAND

and 1 more site!
Riad Cherrata
Ranked #50 of 1,186 Marrakech B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful stay at Riad Cherrata”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

I went to Marrakech on 15 March 2013 to celebrate my 50th birthday with 6 friends. I chose Riad Cherrata on a friend's recommendation and it was a brilliant choice. This Riad is a little gem! Valerie, the owner, is the perfect host. nothing Is too much trouble for her. We had 3 rooms between us and she gave us 3 mobiles to use so we could stay in touch if we split up as we moved around the city. she had maps with her recommendations, booked taxis and restaurants for us and went iout of her way to make sure we had a good time. Breakfast is a feast, lovely pastries, local yummy yoghurt and freshly squeezed OJ .

She organised a birthday present for me, and was always on hand for us. rooms are lovely, very clean and fresh. Roof top terrace is fab, loungers to relax on and great views over Maarakech towards the Atlas Mountains.

Location is spot on, a 10 minute walk to the main square. Go with her recommendation for a hammam...that was fab!

Room Tip: All rooms were great but ones on the back a little quieter than those on the front.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Bromley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Just returned from a fabulous 3 night stay at Riad Cherrata. Valerie was our wonderful host and from the minute we arrived to the minute she waved us off in the tax back to the airport she was amazing. Our trip was a birthday celebration. Valerie pulled all the stops out to make sure we had a weekend to remember. The Riad was elegant, peaceful but yet felt like a home from home and was a perfect base to come back to after the hustle and bustle of the souks. I will definitely recommend this Riad and look forward to making a return visit very soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

The room was wonderful and the breakfasts were fresh, home prepared and big enough to keep you going all day. Valerie was a wonderful host, both making us feel like welcome guests and preparing us for what to expect. One evening, she redefined customer service. We went out for a meal some distance from the Riad and were unprepared for the heavy rain that fell while we were eating. As she knew where we were she brought us some rain gear ! Amazing. The meal Sadia cooked for us one evening was also marvellous.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

I traveled to Morocco as a single female traveler in Early February, 2013. I had my first night in the Riad Cherrata where I was greeted by Valerie, the loveliest lady who not only provided me with a welcoming smile but mint tea, maps, fantastic recommendations for places to eat and what to see, and even provided me with a cell phone in case I needed some assistance. The rooms were pretty and very clean as was the entire Riad. It had a modern feel to it but still had a very Moroccan vibe. I loved it! I travelled around Morocco for one month and the Riad Cherrata was by far my favourite place that I stayed. It truly felt like home to me...seeing Valerie, Saadia, Izza and Halima in the Riad brought a feeling of calm and comfort to me. I would highly recommend a stay at the Riad Cherrata. It was a highlight of my trip!

Room Tip: I stayed in two separate rooms. I visited the Riad Cherrata on two separate occasions because I lov...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Angela d
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

My 15 year old daughter and I spent 6 days at the peaceful Riad Cherrata and enjoyed every minute of our stay in Marrakech. The airport transfer arranged by Valerie made for a hassle free start and there were lots of other small extra touches, which added to our enjoyment. The personal welcome, the maps, the restaurant recommendations, the fabulous breakfast, the lovely room which was both spotless and comfortable, the waterproof capes and umbrella we were lent when it rained unexpectedly, the great location, the extra guidebooks we were offered, the mobile just in case we got lost or needed anything .... Nothing was too much trouble, highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
isle of wight
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

What a wonderful experience it was staying at Riad Cherrata. Valerie and team went beyond any expected requirements to make our holiday very special. The Riad is beautifully presented, exceptionally clean and what can I say about breakfast besides wow. Coming back after a busy day was so calming, hard to believe it's situated in the heart of the Medina. Valerie helped with transport and bookings, she provided a hand drawn map to ensure we didn't get lost and also a mobile phone. My husband had a birthday while there and we returned to our room to find a gift for him. The little touches just made the stay more special. Valerie arranged our airport transfers for both arrival and departure. She greeted us when we arrived and waved us off when we left, we really felt more than guests. I would highly recommend the Riad Cherrata if you want a wonderful experience and to be made to feel like VIPs at very reasonable prices. Both my husband and I will hold very special memories of our stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Just came back from long weekend in Marrakech and Riad Cherrata could possibly be the highlight of our short holiday!! It is definitely a haven of calm and relaxation after all the hustle and bustle of the Jema El Fna Square which is only a short 10 minute walk away. Valerie has made sure that we are equipped with maps and mobile phone to help us get around the city. Lots of great tips on where to go for food, sightseeing, etc.. We stayed at the Sabra suite which is a very large room with four poster bed and kept spotlessly clean everyday by Saadi who also looked after us during the stay. We spent our sunday afternoon sun bathing on the roof terrace which was a nice treat. Breakfast were all homemade and rather large! Could never finish all the French-Moroccan bread and pastries which were all delicious. The homemade yogurt was the best yogurt I've ever tasted(not usually a fan of yoghurt) so Valerie have just emailed a copy of the recipe over to me. All in all Riad Cherrata is thoroughly recommended! Would go back anytime--if only they could branch out to another city.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple