Zalagh Kasbah Hotel and Spa
  • Pool
Riad Karmela(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
$91
  • Breakfast included
Riad Vendome & Spa Marrakech(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
$55
$1,024
$458
$439
Cancelon
All reviewsshuttle buspool viewcarrefour supermarketpancakeslarge hotelbottled waterthe hotel offersminutes walk awaypool staffthe main squareorange juiceatlas mountainscabskasbahberberjams
Reviewed September 30, 2013

People who review this hotel badly are doing it a great disservice! We had a lovely room with a balcony overlooking a very attractive pool area. The food was very good and reasonably priced. The pool restaurant served us an excellent spaghetti Napolitano and a tasty Morrocan salad.The breakfast and evening buffets in the main restaurant were extensive and very tasty. The hotel is surrounded by other hotels, night clubs, cinema and modern shopping mall. There is a free bus into the centre of Marrakech which we made use of.
The pool music was repetitive and volume increased as the day wore on so I would consider it a minor annoyance. The pool attendant was attentive and the pool was clean.
We have enjoyed our stay and it compared favourably to the others we stayed in, in Casablanca, Fes, Erfoud and Ouazazate.

Room Tip: get a room overlooking the pool.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hilary C
Reviewed September 14, 2013

First impresses of this hotel were good. The room was tastefully furnished and clean and the pool area looked impressive. In fact the pool area does require a mention as being a great place to spend your time. Time is something we have plenty of here. For this hotel is a bus ride or taxi ride from Marrakech itself. A bus that has 14 seats with about 30 or more people trying to get on it. Fights ensued last night with general chaos all around. Outside this hotel, let me stress, there is NOTHING to see or do. No shops, no bars, no restaurants. All of that has be travelled to. This hotel has a bar where you can purchase 250ml bottles of local lager for 50dh that is almost £5 (UK) meals here are not very good at all. How a hotel, wherever it location, can earn 4 stars without having an a la carte restaurant is a bit of a mystery. It remains the only restaurant I have been in that the waiter came to take my order complete with pad, before I have seen a menu. A salad from the buffet I. This case for two came to 130dh. Considering that it was not really a salad but a collection of varying coleslaws does seem steep. The most popular "excursion" from this hotel,was to the Carrefore supermarket a few hindered yards down the road. This store sold large cans of local beer for 19dh. The small ones that he hotel sells for 50dh are on sale for 12. It seems that most guests stung by the high prices and lack of choice headed for the store. Meals in the snack bar are over priced and poorly served. A typical burger and one drink each combo will set you back close to 200dh - 260 dh being £20. As this report is live I have to include that today has been a nightmare poolside. The towel attendant, either at his own choice of at the request of some other guests have commandeered the CD player and the usual relaxing instrumental tunes have been replaced with R and B tunes that are being played louder than the house system would normally a,low. Thus, the throbbing beats are distorted. The lyrics of Mother F***** at high volume are not suitable for the elderly crowd and the families who quickly dispersed. It took my partner and me four times to get it turned down. It was only when he spoke to management that things quite need down. Overall, my experience of Morocco hasn't dimmed. This is my 8th visit, although my first to Marrakech. I will not be returning to the city. And certainly not to this hotel. It has left a bad taste and at the moment I am prisoner like I the lobby. Something I never would expect to be doing whilst on holiday. I have never written a review live from resort, so this shows my overall lack of enjoyment and strength of feeling.

Room Tip: All the rooms are of a decent quality. If you have a pool view then fine, if you have an outside room, there will be nothing to look at only roads or gardens.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Well whilst some of the entries are accurate overall this is a high value for money hotel.. Remember this is North Africa not The strip at Las Vegas ...! We stayed during Ramadan and whilst there were some minor issues given we paid a very low sum for 2 weeks for a family .... overall we had a very good experience .. it was a quiet hotel, lots of sun beds , nice pool and lobby, food was better when hotel was busy as a larger buffet spread was put on as opposed to when it was quiet as then it was a 2 choice 3 course al la cart.. albeit quite adequate. Now one draw back was the cost of bottled water some £2 each .. not good as its only 40p at the local Carrfore supermarket ... so stock up in your room in the fridge provided as it gets Very hot ! ?.. Buy the beer at the lobby bar for your meal and take to restaurant. ? God knows why but its cheaper and always ask for drinks chilled if u like em that way... ice creams in shop rather pricey and check your change if u send the kids ! Look we had a great vfm stay , dont let minor points put u off this place is defo worth the stay ... JB

Room Tip: Ask for a pool facing room facing east and make sure you get one !
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank WalRusofLove
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The lack of customer service in this place is astonishing. The staff there are incompetent, slow and stingy. We waited an hour to check in (after being told our room would be ready early), to be told that it wasn't. We waited till the normal check in time, got given our key to go to the room to find it still wasn't ready. We had an appointment at 4pm so we had to rush to get ready because the room wasn't clean till 3pm.

We were only provided with 2 towels and when asked to provide more, there was a slow response and they questioned it. The next day was the same story, and when we requested more, the manager of housekeeping came barging in to inspect how many we had. Why was providing towels an issue? The air-con in room was poor. There was no full length mirror in the room neither was there a bin.

The reception staff were slow with inquiries and unhelpful when we called down for help. There was no air-con in the lobby area. I would not recommend going to this hotel, I'm sure you can find better. I can't believe it is rated 4 Stars! I've stayed at 2 stars which have been better in every aspect!

Only good thing was the pool area and decoration. But even then, the pool got crowed quickly. And, to be honest those two things are not what you should base your decision on.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Rolo87
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We encountered the same unsanitary conditions as the hotel in Fez - turns out it is part of the same chain. There is no air conditioning in the lobby, dining area or other common areas. There is only minimal air conditioning in your room. It's a good thing the sleeping area is attractive because, unaccustomed to the 45-48c weather, I didn't leave the room unless I was going out to the motorcoach for the tour. The bathtubs were lined with mould, weak water pressure, very little hot water, grey towels again! This time I had a visit from an orange and red cockroach which disappeared under the mirror when I screamed. Staff are unwelcoming. The attractive exterior of the hotel does not make up for the inner lack of consideration for its guests. I would never return.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple