Tripadvisor

from $52.97
from $62.40
from $31.78
More Info
All reviews visited marrakech fascinating place his team atlas mountains private tour day trip yahya yaya knowledge souks guide morocco palace shop culture
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The guide Jaja was very friendly, his English was very good, he showed us a lot of insites of Marrakesh and we could laugh a lot.
Philipp from Switzerland

2  Thank Philipp76339
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We always try to find a food tour on the first or second day in a new city. It is one of the best ways to learn about a place, the people and it's history. They are almost always great fun and normally get to meet some lovely people. Obviously the food is important and searching online, reading often variable reviews and trying to compare itineraries and prices can be a pain. I am so glad I picked Yaya and this tour. He has really thought about every aspect.

This is no ordinary food tour. Firstly you wander around the souk stopping at various stalls and shops having numerous tastings. This includes olives, biscuits, pancakes, sweets, nuts and something called a pastilla which was amazing. You then head off towards the Jewish district grabbing another bite on the way. By this time most of the group where feeling full and glad to pop into a spice shop for a few break. The shopkeeper spent time chatting about the spices, tea, perfume and Argan oil. We had a tasting of the oils and paste. There was no pressure to buy and it was a great experience. Make sure you try the menthol with nigella seed to clear your sinuses and drop a tiny bit in your tea You then wind your way back to the main square for snails (if want), hearty soup (share this) with dates and another sweet. Any normal food tour would now stop but at this point you realise the joke of keep room for dinner is no joke and you pop into a restaurant for a full meal. Chicken and beef tagine with sides and dessert. The beef was amazing - sticky and caramelised. By the end I was about to explode - not helped as Yaya kept serving me more portions.

Please don't eat lunch before this tour - not even a snack. We had a late breakfast at 10, wandered the streets till 6 and had specifically skipped lunch so we're starving when we started. Despite this we were stuffed beyond measure and I am sat here at 12:30, the next day, still full having only had room for 2 small baklava.

Amazing and Yaya - thank you so much for a brilliant oke-dokey-karaoke time

3  Thank Robin G
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Yaya is an incredibly funny and knowledgeable ambassador of Morocco! Definitely ask for Him!

This tour is a must for every adventurer! In 2.5 hours you get to see, smell, feel and touch all the magic of Marrakesh! ❤️

I had a 2 day solo vacation in Marrakesh and was glad I was able to secure a spot on this highly coveted tour from One Life Trips in advance! I arrived after a 12 hr journey from Canada and knew I’d be famished. I figured I’d try everything the first day with a guide and return to the Médina/souks on the second day with more wisdom and a second helping of my favourites. Reviews said do not eat before tour. I followed this advice and still had to decline food as I was so full from sampling all the things. The authentic Tajne dinner overlooking the old Médina was spectacular! You get to try so many delicious Moroccan delicacies on this incredible food and cultural tour.

I’d return and do this tour again as I loved all the foods and vendors so much! Yaya is a very special guide!

Highlights
=> Moroccan macaroons! ❤️❤️ Absolute heaven as I dream about this from Canada!
=> Signature olives of Morocco were incredible! Spicy! Yum!
=> Mint tea and Msemmen pancakes were so good
=> Glorious pastilla, served at special occasion such as weddings
=> Full spice and herb store with great education. Easier to purchase Moroccan oil, nut butter, peppermint crystals, cooking spices, and teas without having barter! Saved so much time and $.
=> Tajine dinner alone was worth the price of the tour.

Excellent tour guide & definitely saved me tons of time and money!

Do this when in Marrakesh! Go with YAYA! ❤️

Date of experience: November 2019
2  Thank CanadianSprinter
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The review attracted me and they were right
Yayah is fantastic you don’t get hassled in the streets and he takes you to taste some great street food
Definitely do this and do it early in your trip

1  Thank B6488CBhelenc
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Yahya was a very organized and efficient tour guide. We saw all the highlights and he was incredibly knowledgeable. We would definitely recommend his as a tour guide. It also helped that we paid for the museums and entrance fees in advance, so we entered immediately. Once we told Yahya that we are both foodies, he got us a sample of one of his favorite dishes, pastilla. I highly recommend this tour company and Yahya as a guide! Thank you for your assistance in the carpet matter also!

1  Thank 941adeelh