“Good value quality - price”

Riad Palais des Princesses
Ranked #184 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The hotel itself is a beautiful Moroccan building inside the medina.
Rooms are quite small but cozy, unless you get one of the suites.

It is quite difficult to find the first time but on the other hand it is extremely well located within 5m walk from the main square.

They are planning to add a hamman and a swimming pool so expect a quite complete experience starting 2014.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Riad Palais des Princesses

Reviewed August 20, 2013

from the moment I stepped to the hotel I felt welcome from the staff,
the hotel is decorated lovely maroccan style with nice rooms,
great location few minutes away from the square,
value for money, I really recommend this hotel:)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We booked the taxi service from and to the airport, but it's not even necessary, we are just quite lazy sometime. This Riad is very easy to find. The 2 guys at the reception are very friendly and gave us some good suggestions. The food is very good and the ladies in the kitchen very nice and helpful ( one day I asked for yogurt and the day after on the breakfast table we found 2 kinds of different yogurt )
The room was very nice and quite.
We also had massage, and the lady waited for us until late, after dinner. The massage quality was very good.( we come from China, we have a lot of experience !!!)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Excellent value for money. Helpful staff. The only proviso not mentioned on the riad's site: the Jmaa-el-Fna square is closed for cars from 1 PM, so though it is just about 100 m from the square, if you come on a taxi with luggage you have to stop at the opposite side of the street.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We chose this riad based on reviews on trip advisor and were not disappointed. We chose to be picked up from the airport by the riad which cost 15 euros. Preferable than having to wait around for a bus / get a taxi when your flight is arriving in the evening. I will say that in hindsight the charge was probably a bit steep. The riad, however does not disappoint. It is in an excellent location for the Djema el Fna (particularly good at night when walking home in the dark) and the souks. It is located down a few dark lanes but fear not, this is where people live and we passed kids playing football there at night. We stayed in a superior room on one of the upper floors. Very comfortable, spotlessly clean with good wifi and tv in the room. Decoration in this riad is gorgeous and it has a fantastic roof terrace with comfortable sun loungers if you just want to chill out. Breakfast is excellent and the staff are very helpful and patient with all questions. The manager organised bus tickets for our onward travel. Would highly recommend this riad.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My first trip to Morocco and Marrakech so I did not know what to expect. I booked online after reading reviews on this site and booking.com. The place is a wonderful place to stay in Marrakech. It is a few minutes walk from the main square however very quiet. The manager is very kind and accommodating to any questions or tourist assistance. My flight was late so my taxi was not there when I arrived however after a call to the riad my taxi was sent so I did not have to wait too long. A clean tourist van as opposed to the dirty old taxis that wait at the airport. I am not sure of the price difference between the two options however I was very happy with this transport. The breakfast was lovely and the kitchen staff made me a Moroccan mint tea on my request. The single room is small but adequate. Bathroom very cute and immaculately clean. Free wifi with good service. There is also a lovely terrace area to sit and relax in and I think you can take your breakfast up there. I only discovered it after I had finished breakfast. Excellent all round. Can`t fault this Riad.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This hotel is down a few alleys, and at first the area looks a little sketchy. Inside, it is beautiful. White walls, fountains, roof terrace, plush bathrobes in the rooms. I had a single, which was very tight, but comfortable. If anything, the riad is a little over the top, with crystal chandeliers and rococo style flower artwork. Breakfast buffet was nice.
Since I was there in late June, it stayed light quite late, so I never walked to the riad after dark, and don't know how comfortable I would have been with that.

Room Tip: Single room could have used even 6 inches more in width.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo